Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

I do want to get this, but I also want to get Punch Out! and it's hard to decide on which one to buy. Besides, I have too many fighting games (Soul Calibur 4, SFIV HD Remix, SFIV, and MvC2 when it comes out in June, not to mention possibly Tekken 6 and KOF XII when they get released). Still, I love G-Force (Jun the Swan :heart:), and getting a chance to play Ken & Jun is an opportunity I don't want to pass up. I can also use my GC controller to play this, instead of Wiimote and classic controller (I have one of this).

Get it so we have another game to play against each other.

I can't pass up the opportunity to play a Viewtiful Joe/Jun team. :up:

Get it so we have another game to play against each other.

I can't pass up the opportunity to play a Viewtiful Joe/Jun team. :up:

Can this game be played online? And do we have to use FC?

In Japan it doesn't have online, but Capcom said they might be adding it. I think they will, just like they added online to their golf game in the US when the Japanese version didn't have it.

I'm sure it's a sure bet.

In Japan it doesn't have online, but Capcom said they might be adding it. I think they will, just like they added online to their golf game in the US when the Japanese version didn't have it.

I'm sure it's a sure bet.

I hope so; SFIV has spoiled me on online play and I'd hate it if it lacks this feature like the Japanese version.

Interview with Seth
[YT]skg8BuGwNVM[/YT]

Looks what has popped up:

SAN MATEO, CA — June 2, 2009 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is coming to North America for the Wii™ home video game system. Capcom’s popular and critically acclaimed ‘VS’ fighting series is getting an all new next-generation introduction. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom pits Capcom’s iconic characters against Tatsunoko Productions anime superheroes. This clash of heroes face off in two-on-two battles for the ultimate 2D tag-team battle.

Originally released in Japanese arcades in the Fall of 2008, the original Tatsunoko vs. Capcom moved to the Wii console on December 11, 2008. This extraordinary fighter will blend these two rich universes by taking Capcom characters like Ryu from Street Fighter, Morrigan from Darkstalkers and the giant PTX-40A from Lost Planet and putting them against Tatsunoko fan-favorite characters from Gatchaman, Hurricane Polymar, Casshern and more. It’s a battler oyale that delivers match-ups that only exist in fans wildest dreams!

Unlike the more well-known six-button layout that the Street Fighter franchise pioneered, the VS line features a simplified four button system: “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong” and “Assist” for the tag-team option of. The “Assist” feature adds another compelling element found Capcom’s other “VS” series: allowing players to switch their character on the fly or call for help from their tag-team partner, allowing for spectacular super moves (“Hyper Variable Combination”). Successful execution of the Assist feature can turn the tide of battle on a dime. Historically the VS series excels in integrating the tag-team options by including customized moves like Variable Assist, Snapback, and the previously mentioned Hyper Variable combination that lets both characters on one team perform their Hyper attack.

TvC enhances the above gameplay with new mechanics, including the Variable Aerial Rave that allows characters to be switched in the middle of an Aerial rave. More moves include the offensive Assault and defensive maneuver Mega Crash. Another new gameplay mechanic, titled Baroque, illuminates the character in a rainbow of colors, cancels the current attack and extends combos and damage.

Featuring a robust line-up of characters, the console version added four mini-games and optional control schemes

This “newer” version of TvC, currently dubbed Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, removes one character due to licensing issues, and adds five new ones, online gameplay, more mini-games and an enhanced story mode.

Features:

• 26 fan-favorite characters from the Tatsunoko and Capcom universes face-off in this stylish 2D fighter

• Tag-team battles and customized two-character fighting techniques produce a wild, dazzling spectacle

• Wi-Fi Online gameplay allows worldwide matches

• Four battle modes include Friend, Rival, Free and Ranked Battles

• Match-ups are not restricted to just “Friends”

• Earn Points and Titles (for Title Creation) for all to see

• All-new VS gameplay mechanics creates a new way for fans to return to the series

• More than 20 Mini-game provide additional multiplayer fun

• Enhanced control schemes offer a simplified control scheme option and allow use of the Classic Controller and Gamecube Controller

• Wii-exclusive

We lost one Tetsunoko character, probably that genie guy but...

Five new characters and online = insta buy!

Speed Racer and Tronne Bonne please Capcom.

Capcom Toyed with Idea of Phoenix Wright vs. Tatsunoko
By Owen Good, 4:30 PM on Sat Aug 15 2009

Ryota Niitsuma, producer for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, says the company did have plans to put the famed juris doctor in the lineup, but ran into problems because his OBJECTION! was just too powerful in English.

Niitsuma told NGamer magazine that Capcom wanted Phoenix Wright, and Franziska von Karma (for her whip), in the game, but ran into trouble with Wright's move set.

Because Phoenix Wright only has one move, 'Objection!', we struggled. We designed a move for him: when he says objection, the actual writing attacks the opponent. However, 'objection' in Japanese is 'igiari' - it's four characters, whereas 'objection' becomes ten [sic. It's nine, actually.] When we localize, the balance of the game gets destroyed because the move becomes bigger. There'd be no way of avoiding it! We had to remove him for these reason. In the future, it is one of our aims to get him in.

Phoenix Wright was Planned for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, but was Scrapped Due to His Famous Catchphrase [Go Nintendo]

Is Frank West In Tatsunoko VS. Capcom?
By Mike Fahey, 1:20 PM on Thu Sep 10 2009

Some sloppy web design may have revealed the final four characters for the North American version of Capcom's Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, and one of them has covered wars, ya know?

Shoryuken forum poster Mumu was poking about the source code for the Tatsunoko VS. Capcom character site when he noticed something strange in the HTML. While only a few characters had been revealed on the page itself, whoever had built the site pre-loaded all of the images for said characters in a Javascript function, revealing four characters we've not yet seen.
'images/oncharactor_btn_zero.jpg'
'images/oncharactor_btn_frank.jpg'
'images/oncharactor_btn_yatter02.jpg'
'images/oncharactor_btn_joe.jpg'
'images/oncharactor_btn_tekkabla.jpg'

These characters would appear to be Mega Man Zero, Dead Rising's Frank West, Yatterman #2, and Joe Asakura, AKA Jason from Battle of the Planets.

Along with Tekkaman Blade, who was recently revealed, those characters would seem to round out the North American Tatsunoko VS. Capcom roster quite nicely.

Of course sloppy website coding is by no means official confirmation. We've contacted Capcom about this rumor, and quickly received a "No comment!" Make of that what you will.

TvC Full Roster Leaked for the US
[Shoryuken]

Source

I saw this earlier.

Zero is awesome.
Frank West will be interesting....he's covered wars y'know.

Frank West? Why in the world would they put him in it at all. Needs more Tron:cmad:

Last edited:
Yea, I want her in the game too, but I'll take Zero. :up:

You can't have too many Mega Man characters. :p

Personally I would love for one of these games to finally make Dr. Wily playable.

Give me a next-gen Mega Man fighting game.

I'd only do that if Vile were playable.

Mega Man
Mega Man X
Mega Man Volnutt
Proto Man
Dr. Wily
Roll
Dr. Light
Zero
Vile
Sigma
Tronne Bonne
Servebot
Hand picked robots from the series...It would be awesome.

TGS Trailer
[YT]F4cnlEsw6M0[/YT]​

I have nothing against the character, but I don't understand why Capcom put him in there as opposed to so many other characters they could have. Not to mention he has an huge energy blast move?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"