Team Sif/Team Foster?

Impossible poll is impossible.

Screw it, Team Stupid Sexy Sif.

Dear god, what have I created?

Team Foster. I'd do things to Portman that are illegal in various country's lol

I'd rather do things to Jaimie Alexander that are illegal in various countries. :word:

What, you wouldn't do things that are illegal to Jason Alexander? Sexist. :o

Last edited:
I'm on Team Foster. Mostly to be contrarian, but also because it's Natalie Portman.

i can't deciede.....i'm open to them both pleading their cases though :D

I'd rather do things to Jaimie Alexander that are illegal in various countries. :word:
Aye verily!!

But even if the oh-so-delicious Jaime wasn't playing her, I'd still be on team Sif. I'm not very interested in seeing another "god-on-earth finds his true soulmate in a mere mortal" story that's been redone a thousand times over, and it's not like Thor is the last of his kind or anything

But Jane is gonna be his connection to humanity, what with Don Blake being kaput for the film. I prefer Sif too, but thematically, he's gotta end up with Jane.

But Jane is gonna be his connection to humanity, what with Don Blake being kaput for the film. I prefer Sif too, but thematically, he's gotta end up with Jane.
Which will suck majorly. :csad:

It'll be fine. He was with Jane for a while in the comics too. bad place, Jane and Sif both sacrificed themselves for the other at different points, so it's not even like they hate each other. Maybe Thor will wind up with Sif at the end of his trilogy (if the first movie earns enough to warrant one--fingers crossed).

Why does he need to be in love with a human to feel a kinship with mankind? Can't he discover the virtue of humanity on his own? I'm not saying he and Jane can't have a fling for a while, but I'd rather not see this turned into an epic love for all the ages

I don't know why he has to be in love with a human. I'm just saying that seems to be the story they're telling for the movie, by all indications. You don't have a female lead played by a huge name like Portman find your male lead, nurse him to health, and teach him about humanity just to stick him back with his ex, played by a relative unknown. That doesn't exactly make for a satisfying conclusion except to us geeks who are totally in love with Sif, and Marvel knows they already have our money.

I don't know why he has to be in love with a human. I'm just saying that seems to be the story they're telling for the movie, by all indications. You don't have a female lead played by a huge name like Portman find your male lead, nurse him to health, and teach him about humanity just to stick him back with his ex, played by a relative unknown. That doesn't exactly make for a satisfying conclusion except to us geeks who are totally in love with Sif, and Marvel knows they already have our money.

Yeah but I can see them saving Team Sif for the sequel. By then people will be familar with both Jaime and Sif so they'll probably be more likely to give the relationship a chance.

Wouldn't surprise me. That love triangle was very important to the comics throughout the '70s.

Why does he need to be in love with a human to feel a kinship with mankind? Can't he discover the virtue of humanity on his own? I'm not saying he and Jane can't have a fling for a while, but I'd rather not see this turned into an epic love for all the ages
Because superhero films always need romantic subplots of some kind, regardless of whether or not they're necessary. I mean did Batman Begins & The Dark Knight really need Rachel Dawes?

Because superhero films always need romantic subplots of some kind, regardless of whether or not they're necessary. I mean did Batman Begins & The Dark Knight really need Rachel Dawes?

yes otherwise it would have been a sausage fest.

Did it need the romance? I don't know, some people really like that stuff so I guess the answer is yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"