Team Sif/Team Foster?

Deffo Foster. She and Thor just have such chemistry. Sif seems so...
I mean, I know she's actually his wife in the myths and some comics, but Jane is a lot more likable, at least to me, and at least, the way she's portrayed by ms. Portman.
Without overexplaining, I'm just gonna stand over there in the corner with Loki and Darcy. :D

I've always preferred Sif with Beta Ray Bill to be honest. :o

I've always preferred Sif with Beta Ray Bill to be honest. :o

Marvel could fix everything to do with this little conundrum if they go with Sif/BRB. Does anyone not think Sif and BRB work? Thor and Sif are so similar as characters its like they make each other worse. I really don't get the love for Thor/Sif. Maybe because its been there or in the background for ages? If Thor and Jane had a romantic 616 storyline post 1975 would people be more on board? The Mighty Avenger is the only modern Thor/Jane we have. Critically adored but not many people read it because it wasn't in continuity.

team entantress

Team Ultimate Hela. Oh Wait! NO!

Last edited:
Batman Begins for example. How awkward and forced was that kiss at the end?
Very. Made worse by the fact that she only kisses him to tell him "yeah, we're never hooking up, just to be clear".

Very. Made worse by the fact that she only kisses him to tell him "yeah, we're never hooking up, just to be clear".

And the Nolans wonder why some people actually cheered when the character got blown up...

2h32zhv.jpg

tumblr_lxwgcxSQHR1r9f2g6o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lxf2cq3Lgs1r9f2g6o1_500.jpg

comic sif comes off as the type who thinks she is better than every one else.:cmad:

movie sif is not better

I think Jane is better for thor
Also in the comics, she was always a better choice:yay:

Yeah that was a reason Thor moved Asgard to Midgard. The Asgardians had forgotten about mortals in many ways. Sif had basically no idea how to react. The only mortals she's really gotten along with Were, Erik Masterson and Beta Ray Bill.

Don't pretty much all the Asgardians (even the heroic ones) see themselves as being better than mortals anyway?

And whatever happened to Erik Masterson? (I'm behind on these things)

Don't pretty much all the Asgardians (even the heroic ones) see themselves as being better than mortals anyway?

And whatever happened to Erik Masterson? (I'm behind on these things)
This is an arrogant art thinking.
sif is very arrogant

Sif's great with the comebacks but she's still not fit to sharpen Brunhilde's sword. Save for a few instances I've grown to dislike her, the comic book version that is because movieverse Sif seems like a decent sidekick/big sister type. I love Wonder Woman, so it has nothing to do with me having anything against strong female characters in general. Look at it this way, Loki got his revenge and then some when he walked around in Sif's body while her soul languished in that of an elderly cancer patient. IIRC, it took a while for Sif to get over that humiliating incident. Loki goes around trolling everyone to compensate for his inferiority complex but compare their stats and then tell me who the 'witless' one really is ;)!

Last edited:
. Sif has always hated Loki and Loki has always hated Sif. (All of this coming from a comic perspective or course). Sif always came off as a ***** to me and looking at the comics again, after having read Blood Brothers, it’s more than a little clear what she was trying to do from the beginning. The fact of the matter is sif was always jealous of loki , (You can see that a little bit in Tales of Asgard and, what was that comic called, The Son of argard ? course that is when Sif purposely started to tear them apart. However you can make the argument that Sif only did it to get back at Loki for all that he’s done to her, as an eye for an eye type of thing instead of tearing them apart because she wants Thor all to herself. There’s just so little to work with when it comes to their past, so its all very open to opinion. I just don’t like her, her attitude, and the way she holds herself.

Last edited:
Sif's great with the comebacks but she's still not fit to sharpen Brunhilde's sword. Save for a few instances I've grown to dislike her, the comic book version that is because movieverse Sif seems like a decent sidekick/big sister type. I love Wonder Woman, so it has nothing to do with me having anything against strong female characters in general. Look at it this way, Loki got his revenge and then some when he walked around in Sif's body while her soul languished in that of an elderly cancer patient. IIRC, it took a while for Sif to get over that humiliating incident. Loki goes around trolling everyone to compensate for his inferiority complex but compare their stats and then tell me who the 'witless' one really is ;)!
thor has brought back loki into sifs body .

tumblr_m0q4xpf7lY1r9f2g6o1_500.jpg

Thor #5 by J. Michael Straczynski

tumblr_lxgb1jvUfe1qmavteo1_500.png

tumblr_lt6w3lFZMP1qlug1yo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
After watching the movie again, I'll go with Jane Foster because she had more chemistry with Thor and they looked really sweet.

Brannagh (spelling?) said in the commentary that they purposely didn't show the two, Foster and Thor, fall madly in love. He wanted to show glimpses of maybe something being there. Maybe something in the future.

And the Nolans wonder why some people actually cheered when the character got blown up...
I would wonder too, because a anyone's validation as a character isn't dependent on whether or not she has romantic chemistry with anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"