• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teen Titans East, official thread!

The Flash!

Civilian
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
869
Reaction score
0
Points
11
Just announced that that team will be getting their own ongoing after appearing in TT. Here we can all talk about it, who do you guys want to see on the team?
 
i think doom patrol is gonna be titans east
 
No way, didn't Geoff say it would be some new team?
 
dunno i'm pulling **** out of my ass
 
I dont think Titans East warrants its own title and I dont see it being that succesful. It would have some big name on the team or something, I just dont see the need for a Second Teen Titans title.
 
it had to have a good pitch and premise for it to warrant its own series... im sure there will be some interesting members of the team...
 
sethcohen said:
it had to have a good pitch and premise for it to warrant its own series... im sure there will be some interesting members of the team...


Books get greenlit with horrible pitches....*cough*New Avengers*cough*
 
I hope that it will have some former Titans such as Red Star, Starfire, Raven, and Flamebird.
 
I want to see more of that stretching guy from issue 34 of Titans, hope he's on the team.
 
Maybe even that Zatara we keep hearing about, and saw in #34, will be part of the East Titans
 
So, Johns is going to be writing this too. Hooray. :(



Not that I don't like Johns' writing, but god, he's ****ing everywhere! Also, and this is based solely upon my opinion, Teen Titans isn't that great. It's not terrible, and it sells well, but it's an average book. Until Green Lantern came along, it was Johns' worst book, I think. I say, if they're doing Titans East, give it to a new writer. Hell, give it to Peter David. He wrote what I think are two of the greatest teen centric books of all time, Young Justice and Supergirl.
 
Assassin said:
dunno i'm pulling **** out of my ass
Thats obvious, especially since in interviews its been said that they are three entirely seperate teams.
 
The Question said:
So, Johns is going to be writing this too. Hooray. :(



Not that I don't like Johns' writing, but god, he's ****ing everywhere! Also, and this is based solely upon my opinion, Teen Titans isn't that great. It's not terrible, and it sells well, but it's an average book. Until Green Lantern came along, it was Johns' worst book, I think. I say, if they're doing Titans East, give it to a new writer. Hell, give it to Peter David. He wrote what I think are two of the greatest teen centric books of all time, Young Justice and Supergirl.
Keep Peter David away from DC imo... Hated his Supergirl and Aquaman, never read Young Justice. DC did a good thing getting rid of the Matrix/Fallen Angel Supergirl IMO.
 
Green Lantern said:
Keep Peter David away from DC imo... Hated his Supergirl and Aquaman, never read Young Justice. DC did a good thing getting rid of the Matrix/Fallen Angel Supergirl IMO.


Why did you hate Supergirl?
 
The Question said:
So, Johns is going to be writing this too. Hooray. :(



Not that I don't like Johns' writing, but god, he's ****ing everywhere! Also, and this is based solely upon my opinion, Teen Titans isn't that great. It's not terrible, and it sells well, but it's an average book. Until Green Lantern came along, it was Johns' worst book, I think. I say, if they're doing Titans East, give it to a new writer. Hell, give it to Peter David. He wrote what I think are two of the greatest teen centric books of all time, Young Justice and Supergirl.

worst? it maybe your opinion but his run rocked, i never was a fan of young justice i never really cared for it. but to call his titans run worst is exagerration, your probably mad they cancelled young jutsice and promoted them to teen titans....anyways. peter david is alright but im not really a fan of his dialougue from the young justice comics especially the ones ive read. johns brings seriousness into the books.
 
GoldenAgeHero said:
worst? it maybe your opinion but his run rocked, i never was a fan of young justice i never really cared for it. but to call his titans run worst is exagerration, your probably mad they cancelled young jutsice and promoted them to teen titans....anyways. peter david is alright but im not really a fan of his dialougue from the young justice comics especially the ones ive read. johns brings seriousness into the books.


David's stuff is plenty serious. And I didn't say Titans was the worst book around. I said that it was Johns' worst book. As in, out of everything he's read that I have written, I thought Teen Titans was the worst. It's not a bad book, mind you. I just think it's kind of average as a whole. Although, I must admit that Titans of Tomorrow and Lights Out were pretty damn good arcs. The rest? Not so much for me.
 
Green Lantern said:
Thats obvious, especially since in interviews its been said that they are three entirely seperate teams.

i was messing with the guy because he started a thread about a book thats isnt even scheduled to come out yet, stop responding to all my dumb comments, i do it for a reason ;)
 
The Question said:
Why did you hate Supergirl?
First off I hated the concept. I'm a very big Pre-Crisis Supergirl fan. The fact that the post crisis "Supergirl" (and I use the term very loosely because I don't think she deserved the title) was a protoplasmic, shapeshifting, telekinetic being rather than Superman's cousin from Krypton made it more confusing than it needed to be. Then you throw in the merging with an angel and it gets even more convoluted. When DiDio took over, it was the best thing he did to bring back the original concept of Supergirl. Hell if the current version confuses the guy who runs the damn company, its in need of a change. Granted the new Kara's nowhere near the old Kara in terms of character development yet, but she only has two years under her belt whereas the old Kara had thirty. I also didn't like the fact that he basically stole the original Supergirl's secret identity too. Yes lets make someone completely unrelated to the original have the same exact civilian identity. Use a bit of creativity Peter. The Matrix version, to me will always be SGINO.
 
Elongated Man said:
I want to see more of that stretching guy from issue 34 of Titans, hope he's on the team.

Thats offspring, he's plastic mans son (well if The Kingdom is correct)
 
Assassin said:
i was messing with the guy because he started a thread about a book thats isnt even scheduled to come out yet, stop responding to all my dumb comments, i do it for a reason ;)
Stop making dumb comments and I won't have to comment on them ;)
 
Green Lantern said:
First off I hated the concept. I'm a very big Pre-Crisis Supergirl fan. The fact that the post crisis "Supergirl" (and I use the term very loosely because I don't think she deserved the title) was a protoplasmic, shapeshifting, telekinetic being rather than Superman's cousin from Krypton made it more confusing than it needed to be. Then you throw in the merging with an angel and it gets even more convoluted. When DiDio took over, it was the best thing he did to bring back the original concept of Supergirl. Hell if the current version confuses the guy who runs the damn company, its in need of a change. Granted the new Kara's nowhere near the old Kara in terms of character development yet, but she only has two years under her belt whereas the old Kara had thirty. I also didn't like the fact that he basically stole the original Supergirl's secret identity too. Yes lets make someone completely unrelated to the original have the same exact civilian identity. Use a bit of creativity Peter. The Matrix version, to me will always be SGINO.
i didnt like her either, she didnt deserve the title, any thing else and she would of been cool, but shes no kara zor el

plus she ****ed luthor :(
 
Green Lantern said:
Stop making dumb comments and I won't have to comment on them ;)

you dont comment on hardly any one else but my ****, i'm not trying to be mean but **** off, i'm not a dumb ass, i just play one online.:mad:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"