Texas Chainsaw 3D | A sequel to Hoopers classic

My problem with S4 is almost the entire movie was just failed attempts at comedy, and I can't buy anyone as a real person that apparently finds their own death funny, which several in that movie did. Jill and Rory (the Culkin kid) were boring as bad place right up they're revealed as killers, and Kirby is nothing but cutesy one-liners throughout. They didn't feel real to me at all and I found Daddario's character in this far more likable and easy to care about then all of them combined.

Dialogue like
"do your thing cuz!"
and especially "welcome to Texas mother*****r!" is pretty damn stupid, but there's writing in S4 and the RZ Halloween that's so bad it makes stuff even that bad sound brilliant.

S4 is literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I think you can consciously try to make a bad movie and still not screw up nearly that bad. It ruined the series for me entirely. I can't even watch the two good ones without thinking about that and getting pissed off.

most horror movies in general have terrible dialogue. Im talking slasher horror. I cant recall a slasher picture where the dialogue was snappy or witty through the entire running time. Its always dumb one liners and whatever can push the story along or to get to the next death. the first saw movie tried to be snappy by introducing us to the jigsaw character but everything in and around him was generic dialogue as well. Its almost like these directors say screw it where gonna have high schooler punch up the screenplay and focus our budget on the elaborate kills and ending.

[YT]oUX8bf49xLo[/YT]I can't believe how bad this was.

What you're failing to acknowledge about Scream 4 is that the entire Scream series is meant to satirize the horror genre. Scream 1-4 are all essentially self-aware spoofs that feature over-the-top character archetypes that have been found in slasher films for years. Therefore, much of the things cited by The Dark Defender (opening scene, dialogue, deaths) are MEANT to be the way they are. If you didn't enjoy it, you either missed the point or it's just not your cup of tea. (Mind you, I'm pretty sure The Dark Defender has praised the entire Saw series in the past, so let's not exactly hold his opinion up on a pedestal here...)

Though I haven't seen this newest TCM yet, I can only imagine what kind of horror awaits me (and not the good kind of horror). I NEVER listen to critic's reviews of my beloved slasher icons. But the opinion of the fans is what matters most to be, and for fans to call this worse or as bad as TCM: The Beginning...it seems like they really dropped the ****ing ball on this one.

Went to a screening last night. Got to meet the director of the film and Bill Moseley. I actually sat next to them during the film which was really ****ing weird. They went up and thanked the audience and introduced the film, so I got video of that. It's kinda crappy footage since I sat way in the back, but I guess it wound up being a good seat for me lol. Here's the video and a little review for those interested:

http://www.halloween-blues.com/2013/01/texas-chainsaw-massacre-3d-review.html

What you're failing to acknowledge about Scream 4 is that the entire Scream series is meant to satirize the horror genre.

I don't think there's anyone alive who doesn't know that about the Scream movies.

I had no idea that this movie came out today!

The only good thing about this film, from the looks of it, is the sexy Tania Ramonde.

Here's the thing though: Scream 4 did suck. I'll be seeing this new Texas Chainsaw tomorrow, and it's going to have to be a real turkey to be worse than Scream 4.

OMG, Scream 4 was okay till the third act, where it just falls apart LIKE CRAZY.

My problem with S4 is almost the entire movie was just failed attempts at comedy, and I can't buy anyone as a real person that apparently finds their own death funny, which several in that movie did.

Outside of Anderson's joke about Bruce Willis I can't think of any other examples of this. Also the film did have small characters moments that seemed real to me.

I have low standards for TCM films apparently. I liked The remake and prequel. I hated TCM 2 though. So I'm wondering how I'll feel about this movie.

Also, was it me, or did Scream 4 felt dated already? Like it was written in the mid 2000's released in 2011. Whatever 'modern stuff' they had, was kinda brushed with a broad stroke with a very broad understanding of what our culture is like now.

It's like watching an elderly couple describing what hip-hop is at a local Wal-mart. It's a little embarrassing.

OMG, Scream 4 was okay till the third act, where it just falls apart LIKE CRAZY.

Eh. I'm the wrong person to be weighing in on these. I was never a huge fan. And yeah, the 4th one really was that bad. After seeing a genuinely incisive deconstructive horror movie like Cabin in the Woods, I have little patience for obvious tripe like Scream 4. Cabin in the Woods is the smart way to take apart a genre. The Scream series couldn't be more obvious or on the nose.

Here's the thing though: Scream 4 did suck. I'll be seeing this new Texas Chainsaw tomorrow, and it's going to have to be a real turkey to be worse than Scream 4.

I quite enjoyed Scream 4, which was a self-aware, quasi-remake/reboot of Scream 1.

Most TCM films have little to stand on other than incessant gore. The original is so iconic because it felt real, almost like you were watching a snuff film. The remake stands on it's own as a more stylized version of that twisted story. Every other installment has been quite atrocious, if you ask me.

Eh. I'm the wrong person to be weighing in on these. I was never a huge fan. And yeah, the 4th one really was that bad. After seeing a genuinely incisive deconstructive horror movie like Cabin in the Woods, I have little patience for obvious tripe like Scream 4. Cabin in the Woods is the smart way to take apart a genre. The Scream series couldn't be more obvious or on the nose.

It was once a progressive destructive take on horror, and by part 4, Scream became the out-of-touch old man wandering the aisles.

I quite enjoyed Scream 4, which was a self-aware, quasi-remake/reboot of Scream 1.

Most TCM films have little to stand on other than incessant gore. The original is so iconic because it felt real, almost like you were watching a snuff film. The remake stands on it's own as a more stylized version of that twisted story. Every other installment has been quite atrocious, if you ask me.

I don't love the second one, but it has a twisted madness about it that I'll take over just about anything Wes Craven has ever made.

When you look at Wes Craven's resume, it's so weird. There's times when I think he could've made a bigger impact besides his work in 'Nightmare' and 'Scream' but all well.

There's stuff Craven has made that I like, but honestly, I don't think he deserves the Carpenter-level status he frequently gets. He seems like a smart guy, but I don't think he's ever been a great filmmaker, even at his best. Tobe Hooper has made a lot of ****, but Craven couldn't touch him when was firing on all cylinders.

This movie is bad, but no worse than the 2006 prequel remake. In some ways I prefer it to the remakes because not only is it a direct sequel to the 1974 classic (which never had a real sequel per se despite three follow-ups), but because it brings back the original concept of leatherface as a lipstick wearing simpleton out to protect his family. I also liked how they for the first time ever threw out the traditional third act and did something kind of unique with its ending which got me to enjoy the mindset of the Sawyers more.

Still, it is terribly directed, bland looking, poorly acted and features the most banal dialogue I ever heard. It is an ugly looking film that is not scary in the least. But then again, only the original and R Lee Emry in the remake were scary in this series. It's still the third best TCM movie ever made, even if it is very bad.

P.S. The 3D sucked.

P.P.S. It begins in 1974 and cuts to about 20 years later....when they all have smartphones? WTF? Oh well.

I don't think that the 3D itself was bad, but I think that unless it's A Nightmare on Elm Street, 3D just doesn't suit the horror genre at all. Horror films, particularly Texas Chainsaw Massacre, need to look ugly and grungy and 3D just makes it look cleaner.

P.S. I think I have far too much of a thing for pasty pale brunettes.

I don't think that the 3D itself was bad, but I think that unless it's A Nightmare on Elm Street, 3D just doesn't suit the horror genre at all. Horror films, particularly Texas Chainsaw Massacre, need to look ugly and grungy and 3D just makes it look cleaner.

P.S. I think I have far too much of a thing for pasty pale brunettes.

Nothing wrong of that. Especially when they look like Alexandra Daddario. She is very pretty, but the movie ain't. :oldrazz:

Just saying.

But it's kinda hard to pay attention to the movie when she's on screen :(

Eh. Half the reason I'm seeing it so I can indulge my inner pig. I'm not expecting to have to use much of my brain for this flick.

Eh. Half the reason I'm seeing it so I can indulge my inner pig. I'm not expecting to have to use much of my brain for this flick.

Don't waste your time. To be frank, there's not much to see. Nothing titalating, alarming, creepy, gross, suspenseful, or scary about this movie. As far as slasher films go, this was very tame. If you want a laugh, it's kind of funny though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"