Texas Chainsaw 3D | A sequel to Hoopers classic

Well they had to tame it because the MPAA gave it an NC17.

Really? Hard to imagine. Cabin In the Woods was more titilating and gruesome than this. In fact, it was even scarier.

I havent seen this film.

It looks like a redbox or netflix movie to me... lol...

I would only see this movie in theaters if Alexandra Daddario agreed to go with me... on a date :hrt::hrt::hrt:

(and then back to my place after the movie)

So, apparently Lionsgate has already greenlit a sequel. Not really surprising when I am sure this movie cost peanuts and is going to make over $20 million this weekend.

I am not really against the idea of a sequel per se. The ending of this movie left actually unique story possibilities never before explored in a slasher film what with the [blackout]survivor girl lead becoming the caretaker and protector of the monster.[/blackout] It could get really dark and interesting. However, I am sure it will just become a regurgitation of the slasher formula with silly teenagers getting into trouble.

So, apparently Lionsgate has already greenlit a sequel. Not really surprising when I am sure this movie cost peanuts and is going to make over $20 million this weekend.

I am not really against the idea of a sequel per se. The ending of this movie left actually unique story possibilities never before explored in a slasher film what with the [blackout]survivor girl lead becoming the caretaker and protector of the monster.[/blackout] It could get really dark and interesting. However, I am sure it will just become a regurgitation of the slasher formula with silly teenagers getting into trouble.

Even you writing that out sounded absurd. It would play as much more stupid on screen.

This was a huge misfire and I can't imagine what they'll do next. Probably going to turn this into the next Saw franchise by pumping out ******, cheaply-produced sequels each year to turn a quick buck on opening weekends.

Just got back from seeing this with friends at a packed showing. This is easily an early top contender for worst movie of 2013. The acting was just terrible, and there is nothing scary about it. I mean for a Rated R horror movie this is pretty tame. The story started out kinda cool by opening with footage from the original Texas Chainsaw, but that's where the movie peaks. After that the story ends up being garbage with terrible characters ( who do stupid horror movie cliche actions) and the ending is a big ???? The only good thing ( for us guys in the audience) is some sexy eye candy in the form of the lead girl Heather and her friend before she
dies that is

This movie gets a 4.5 /10 for me, only because my friends and I laughed at how bad it was lol.

Last edited:
Even you writing that out sounded absurd. It would play as much more stupid on screen.

This was a huge misfire and I can't imagine what they'll do next. Probably going to turn this into the next Saw franchise by pumping out ******, cheaply-produced sequels each year to turn a quick buck on opening weekends.

I'm reading a lot reviews where people hated this. I plan to see it tommorow. I just can't help myself.

Somewhat disappointed to read this isn't get a good response, I like Leatherface. Oh well, I'll probably see it in a near future.

I totally agree. The ending of the movie showed great potential, but I don't think they'll attach anyone talented enough to deliver on those promises.

After reading reviews of how bad it is I was planning on seeing it but now I hear the only decent thing to it are the cute girls in it.

Maybe, just maybe I'll see it and then after sneak in to see another better movie.

Despite the flack it gets, I really enjoyed TCM2 the most of the series, but that's mainly due to the awesomeness of Dennis Hopper.

Honestly, the 2003 TCM was solid. If you accept it as a complete re-imagining of the original, then it works on every level. The cast was good, the cinematography was visually appealing, and there were some great moments.

This new TCM looks completely uninspired, almost as if they churned this one out just to hold on to the rights to the franchise.

Agreed. At least the remake did a good / decent job of trying to live up to the original unlike this film which was a soulless cash-in that threw all logic out the window!

Despite the flack it gets, I really enjoyed TCM2 the most of the series, but that's mainly due to the awesomeness of Dennis Hopper.

Yeah, TCM Part 2 might not have been the sequel audiences expected, or wanted back in 1986, but it's certainly not without it's charm.

I actually thought the ending was the best part and the only reason I didn't totally trash the movie. [blackout]Her turn comes after she has been persecuted by the mayor's redneck family solely because she's a Sawyer. They strip her nearly naked, beat her and are going to kill her when Leatherface shows up and saves her. Her helping him kill her attackers was believable enough in context. Staying in Texas with Coz-in Jed? Well, she is a Sawyer and sanity has never been their strong suit. :oldrazz:[/blackout]

Everything up to that point is such a banal and bland retelling of the slasher formula. I was totally fine with returning Leatherface to his roots in the last third. However, I have no hope that they can create something original out of that.

I actually thought the ending was the best part and the only reason I didn't totally trash the movie. [blackout]Her turn comes after she has been persecuted by the mayor's redneck family solely because she's a Sawyer. They strip her nearly naked, beat her and are going to kill her when Leatherface shows up and saves her. Her helping him kill her attackers was believable enough in context. Staying in Texas with Coz-in Jed? Well, she is a Sawyer and sanity has never been their strong suit. :oldrazz:[/blackout]

Everything up to that point is such a banal and bland retelling of the slasher formula. I was totally fine with returning Leatherface to his roots in the last third. However, I have no hope that they can create something original out of that.

I'm sorry, but...

Leatherface as the hero just does not work for me. Sure, it's a new idea brought into the mix, but it's almost as bad as what Rob Zombie did by bastardizing Michael Myers in H2. Sorry, but Leatherface is not the good guy. Doesn't work for me. And you say it's believable in context? Leatherface just killed all of this girl's friends! I don't think any human being would make the jump from completely sane to bat-**** crazy that quickly, no matter how they were persecuted by the townspeople. It would have made more sense for her to PRETEND like she was on Leatherface's side and then betray him, which would have made him angry as ****.

I get the idea behind it, that since she's a Sawyer, the craziness has always been in her (like her weird artwork), but we kind of saw the idea of familial insanity played out in Halloween 2 with Laurie Strode turning crazy. I think the intentions for Texas Chainsaw 3D were ultimately good, but man, they hired the wrong people to bring this to the screen. It was beyond lame.

Woo boy, did this suck. The best part was Tania Raymonde's be-shorted booty.

Maybe, just maybe I'll see it and then after sneak in to see another better movie.

Shouldn't that be the other way around. Pay for the better movie, sneak into this crap. Don't give them any more money.

There was also an after-credits scene, if anyone had the balls to stay for it. I happened to just sit there for awhile so I caught it. Nothing special.

I'm sorry, but...

Leatherface as the hero just does not work for me. Sure, it's a new idea brought into the mix, but it's almost as bad as what Rob Zombie did by bastardizing Michael Myers in H2. Sorry, but Leatherface is not the good guy. Doesn't work for me. And you say it's believable in context? Leatherface just killed all of this girl's friends! I don't think any human being would make the jump from completely sane to bat-**** crazy that quickly, no matter how they were persecuted by the townspeople. It would have made more sense for her to PRETEND like she was on Leatherface's side and then betray him, which would have made him angry as ****.

I get the idea behind it, that since she's a Sawyer, the craziness has always been in her (like her weird artwork), but we kind of saw the idea of familial insanity played out in Halloween 2 with Laurie Strode turning crazy.

I don't really think they made Leatherface [blackout]a hero.[/blackout] He was created before Michael Myers, Jason and the rest. He was always more of a simple-minded child in the original. By that I mean, Hooper imagined him in somewhat comedic terms. He is a guy who dresses like his dead mother (thereby making him incredibly weird especially by 1970s standards, but also more human than an unstoppable monster) who wants to make dinner for his brother and father. He only kills because they keep coming into the house or his family tells him to.

I think this returned to that concept of Leatherface being a mentally handicapped simpleton who kills because he's trained to by his nutty family. I was okay with that. As for [blackout]Alexandra Daddario's change[/blackout] I thought her wanting revenge on the mayor made sense. Her [blackout]becoming a full-fledged Sawyer and staying with Leatherface[/blackout] did not, I agree. Still, I liked it better than another retread of the original's plot which all the TCM movies mostly are.

I think the intentions for Texas Chainsaw 3D were ultimately good, but man, they hired the wrong people to bring this to the screen. It was beyond lame.

On that, we agree.

The movie was dumb. Almost so dumb it's good, but not quite. It's completely nonsensical. There was some good gore though, so I'll give it points for that. And the lead chicks **** are insane. So, points there too. It did fill the traditional role of bad horror sequel rather well.

Somewhat disappointed to read this isn't get a good response, I like Leatherface. Oh well, I'll probably see it in a near future.

Leatherface was still creepy and might be the only thing in the film they didn't screw up. I'd skip this garbage. At least the sequel might be somewhat better.

Woo boy, did this suck. The best part was Tania Raymonde's be-shorted booty.

She is gorgeous :hrt:

I made the mistake of watching this earlier today. It might be one of the worst films ever. The acting , dialogue , and story were just horrible. The twist was a good idea , but failed in execution. I wanted to bail half-way through. They had a good set-up for Leatherface. I liked how he was handled , but everything else was just dumb. Part of me thinks it was intentional. It seemed like a throwback to bad horror movies only not as entertaining. There's really no excuse for a film like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"