Texas Chainsaw 3D | A sequel to Hoopers classic

I will say the movie was more entertaining than the michael bay remake.

Probably going to turn this into the next Saw franchise by pumping out ******, cheaply-produced sequels each year to turn a quick buck on opening weekends.

Coincidentally the film is from Twisted Pictures so I'm sure that's the plan. Mark Burg might as well work for Capcom. He's the master of milking.

Watched it yesterday with my girlfriend and her daughter. Girlfriend hated it, daughter loved it, and I loved the fact that the main girl could only button one button. I for sure googled her after the movie

I sware the GA cant help themselves sometimes, I mean last year alot of crap bomed at the BO and the better movies made money and I start to think maybe people are telling hollywood there tired of crap but then crap like this comes out and is number one and Im just speechless. Its the same with the saw franchise and paranormal activity where I just keep thinking maybe all the teens flock to the cinema in droves opening weekend and sprinkle in a few parents and older people.

I thought it was ok. They did a decent job of making it a close sequel to the original. Though I cant see Heather staying in that house and taking care of her cousin. Sure he saved her but he also killed countless people and her friends. She should just leave to starve to death or a least have posioned him.

I swear the GA cant help themselves sometimes, I mean last year a lot of crap boomed at the BO and the better movies made money and I start to think maybe people are telling hollywood there tired of crap but then crap like this comes out and is number one and Im just speechless. Its the same with the saw franchise and paranormal activity where I just keep thinking maybe all the teens flock to the cinema in droves opening weekend and sprinkle in a few parents and older people.

I hate the Saw and PA franchises as well. Like you said(what I put in bold), these films are the younger generation's Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween sequels. I'm sure the older crowds back in the 80's were *****ing about those films like we do today.

I'm not sure if I even want to Netflix this one though. I didn't like the remake, and because of that I never bothered with the prequel.

While I disliked this movie, I don't t think the GA is to blame for bad directing, acting etc. As for the Saw and Paranormal Activity movie correlation, those movies are getting milked but they started out being good horror films. Saw started to suck after Saw 2 or so though Saw 6 was actually decent. Paranormal Activity 1-3 are decent horror flicks as well (with 3 being the best by far). PA 4 did indeed suck big time and it could end up being like the saw movies. But calling the Saw and PA movies teen horror movies is a bit much. Whenever I saw those movies in theaters the large majority of the audience were people in my age group early 20's and older with a few high school teens thrown in.

Shouldn't that be the other way around. Pay for the better movie, sneak into this crap. Don't give them any more money.
As a matter of fact I did just that today, paid to see another movie and then after I sneaked into see this with a pair of 3D glasses I had.

I actually thought it was good in some parts, the brunette had striking blue eyes and a tight stomach. Overall the multiple killings are the real reason to see these movies and yeah I especially loved at the end that [blackout]one hillbilly sheriff fall into the meat grinder.[/blackout]

Just watched it...there's over 80 minutes I'll never get back...

At least Daddario's breasts made up for everything :up:

why not let hooper take a crack at this he is still directing

toolbox murders is probably better than any of these TCM remakes

This movie made me want to jab out my own eyes with my straw.

why not let hooper take a crack at this he is still directing

toolbox murders is probably better than any of these TCM remakes

As much as I enjoy Hooper's TCM Part 2, I can't help but be very curious about his first attempt to make a sequel years before getting involved with Cannon.

I've read that Hooper/Henkel intended on a follow-up sometime during the late '70's, or early '80's, but the project never materialized. However, there is a youtube video featuring Hooper speaking to a audience and briefly mentioning the film and how, much like TC3D, his initial idea for a sequel would have picked up directly after the 1974 classic.

Definately leaves one to wonder just how different Tobe Hooper's initial idea for a sequel would have been from that of the 1986 Cannon-produced sequel...

I have foggy memories of reading bits and pieces, nearly 20 years ago, about Hooper and Henkel's original sequel ideas. The title they had in mind was "Beyond the Valley of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre". A new batch of potential victims and a crazed Sally Hardesty, a whole town of people helping out Leatherface and co., the Hitchhiker was still alive but paralyzed and tied to a tree, underground tunnels in a cemetery...

I appreciate that post. As I simply could not remember what the proposed title was. Plus that's more information on the project than I have ever read to be perfectly honest.

I actually thought it was good in some parts, the brunette had striking blue eyes and a tight stomach. Overall the multiple killings are the real reason to see these movies and yeah I especially loved at the end that [blackout]one hillbilly sheriff fall into the meat grinder.[/blackout]

I usually go into slasher films with that mentality. At least if the movie sucks there still might be some creative kills. Texas Chainsaw didn't do that for me. The only part I really liked was the van crash and the girls being trapped while Leatherface caught up to them. Of course even that was ruined with the [BLACKOUT]boyfriend dying in the crash[/BLACKOUT] and nobody getting sawed apart. The worst kill had to be the dude on the meat hook. We see him squirming around while Leatherface is sawing him , then it cuts to his motionless torso repeatedly. I didn't know if it was supposed to be a parody or not..

I usually go into slasher films with that mentality. At least if the movie sucks there still might be some creative kills. Texas Chainsaw didn't do that for me. The only part I really liked was the van crash and the girls being trapped while Leatherface caught up to them. Of course even that was ruined with the [BLACKOUT]boyfriend dying in the crash[/BLACKOUT] and nobody getting sawed apart. The worst kill had to be the dude on the meat hook. We see him squirming around while Leatherface is sawing him , then it cuts to his motionless torso repeatedly. I didn't know if it was supposed to be a parody or not..

What sucks is that we already saw Leatherface running towards a van and cutting through it in the remake. Nothing new there.

And cutting off the cop's face was less gruesome than in the remake. It was not impressive in anyway...but these were :p
1357287306501.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"