Endgame Thanos/The Mad Titan - Josh Brolin

I was talking about them going up against Thanos when he didn't have the gauntlet at his disposal. I have no doubt that Strange and IW Thor could have killed him on their own under those circumstances.

Strange? Sure.

Thor? Not really. Lebowski schtick aside, Thor in EG is still the same guy that he was in IW. And that movie already definitively proved that Thanos is FAR stronger than Thor.

Strange? Sure.

Thor? Not really. Lebowski schtick aside, Thor in EG is still the same guy that he was in IW. And that movie already definitively proved that Thanos is FAR stronger than Thor.

One could easily make an argument for Thor that due gaining a large amount of weight and not being in practice for awhile that it ended up weakening his full potential since he was not as agile and competent like he had once been.

One could easily make an argument for Thor that due gaining a large amount of weight and not being in practice for awhile that it ended up weakening his full potential since he was not as agile and competent like he had once been.

That's definitely the point they were trying to get across. Thor lost his mother, father, hammer, eye, home, brother, and best friend within like 5 years. His hubris brought him to tell Rocket, "what more can I lose?" And then he loses against Thanos a second time, he loses half the life in the universe. Depression caught up with him and it broke him. He definitely lost his fighting spirit.

Stormbreaker Thor (IW) is significantly stronger than Fat Thor (EG)

That's definitely the point they were trying to get across. Thor lost his mother, father, hammer, eye, home, brother, and best friend within like 5 years. His hubris brought him to tell Rocket, "what more can I lose?" And then he loses against Thanos a second time, he loses half the life in the universe. Depression caught up with him and it broke him. He definitely lost his fighting spirit.

Stormbreaker Thor (IW) is significantly stronger than Fat Thor (EG)
His girlfriend also broke up with him in that time. Damn, Thor really has one of the saddest stories in the MCU.

Yes Thor seriously got handled 3rd time around.. If it wasn't for Cap he'd be a goner

Did anyone else miss Thanos in this one? I know they wanted to focus on the heroes but Brolin gave such a great performance in IW I wish we could have seen more of him. He was good in the third act, but wish he was there more.

Did anyone else miss Thanos in this one? I know they wanted to focus on the heroes but Brolin gave such a great performance in IW I wish we could have seen more of him. He was good in the third act, but wish he was there more.

Yep, after IW I was all about Thanos.

Past Thanos was one of the best things about Endgame - he was awesome in the third act (armor, sword, etc) and I loved how the Russos pulled off a different version of him to still be the main threat, while the present Thanos was killed in the first 10 mins.

IW Thanos seemed much more contemplative and philosophical. You saw some of that in Endgame but makes sense that he wouldn’t be as much since he hadn’t sacrificed Gamora yet.

Past Thanos in EG is better than IW Thanos IMO. Much more menacing and his battle scenes are the best, even if his time was shorter. The line "In all my years of conquest, violence, slaughter it was never personal." and "Because now I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom." are far more villainous and evil than someone who wants to kill half of all life because his planet was destroyed. I get that Thanos must have a compelling background in order for his motives to have any logic, but in the end it feels very contrived.

What? Strange straight up lost against Thanos. And the Russos made it clear that the only reason Thor "won" was because he got the jump on him.

So that leaves Wanda and Carol, both of whom have been portrayed as being the most powerful heroes in the MCU.
Might not have been so easy without the stones when Strange did his duplication trick.

End Game Thanos was unbelievably strong. I thought the OG 3 would have made some dents in him or maybe give a better fight than what we saw in IW but nope, he handled all 3 of their asses like nothing. This was without the stones... Just his brute strength.

He even took those boulders getting slammed on him by Wanda like wet paper... Dude was not to be effed with and could probably take on ALL of the MCU avengers all at once with no sweat.

I read the Russos said that 2014 Thanos was at the peak of his game and that IW Thanos was a bit like Fat Thor: he was so obsessed with gathering the stones for the past years that he neglected his training and conditioning.
Plus the fact that every time he put a stone in the gauntlet it ended up sapping a bit of his energy.

Scarlet Witch versus Thanos is damn near the best fight in the movie... But nothing can compare to Cap vs Thanos. I get chills just thinking about him catching Mjolnir for the first time, which is only added to by Thor's "I knew it!!!"

Captain Marvel vs Thanos was the only fight I was disappointed in, TBH. I wanted them to trade blows for a while longer.

I personally loved 2014 Thanos. Brolin didn't get anywhere near as much screentime, but he was just as compelling.

I read the Russos said that 2014 Thanos was at the peak of his game and that IW Thanos was a bit like Fat Thor: he was so obsessed with gathering the stones for the past years that he neglected his training and conditioning.
Plus the fact that every time he put a stone in the gauntlet it ended up sapping a bit of his energy.

This makes some sense but honestly, its a bit much. It's easier just to say he wasnt trying. He didn't need to. With two stones (the two most practical battle stones) for most of the movie, he was already "the most powerful being in the whole universe." He got blindsided on titan but still made them look like *****es in the end.

On the other hand he had all his chips on the table in Endgame. He had his armor (which we can't discount, his cosmic-tech armor must be accounted for considering Tony's terrestrial armor ups his threat level exponentially.) And his sword (if corvus' glaive and thor's hammer are so powerful then this sword we have to believe is just as much of a boon).

I think that's plenty. He wasn't more powerful in 2014, but he was actually trying.

Anyone else notice the directors for these movies never display Thanos telepathy,magic, and power beams. He is much more than just a hulk fighting type character.

Scarlet Witch versus Thanos is damn near the best fight in the movie... But nothing can compare to Cap vs Thanos. I get chills just thinking about him catching Mjolnir for the first time, which is only added to by Thor's "I knew it!!!"

Captain Marvel vs Thanos was the only fight I was disappointed in, TBH. I wanted them to trade blows for a while longer.

For some reason, as strong as CM is, she still seemed to struggle a bit with Thanos. Like why not lift him up in the air do a superman punch into the stratosphere? She plunged through a space ship but still looked like Thanos was stronger than that! LOL

For some reason, as strong as CM is, she still seemed to struggle a bit with Thanos. Like why not lift him up in the air do a superman punch into the stratosphere? She plunged through a space ship but still looked like Thanos was stronger than that! LOL

I don't think Thanos would have any trouble punching through a ship, he just can't fly. Thor did it as well in IW. Given that Thanos broke Cap's shield by force I'd say that he should overpower all heroes. The only one in the MCU I could see being stronger was Surtur.

Past Thanos in EG is better than IW Thanos IMO. Much more menacing and his battle scenes are the best, even if his time was shorter. The line "In all my years of conquest, violence, slaughter it was never personal." and "Because now I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom." are far more villainous and evil than someone who wants to kill half of all life because his planet was destroyed. I get that Thanos must have a compelling background in order for his motives to have any logic, but in the end it feels very contrived.

EG Thanos was definitely the one I was looking for, it was the same guy that broke Loki's neck, so brutal lol.

He's not going to reason with you, he's there to assert his dominance and be ruthless in pursuit of his quest.

Wait a minute.... Thanos did the first Snap on earth and everyone got dusted... Then there is the snap that caused the Blip and brought everyone back. Then you have Peter who describes to Tony what had happened kind of in between all that... Then you have the Iron Man Snap....

Point is, Thanos and his goons can't be dead. They must all be in the same realm or limbo all the heroes when to when they got dusted, no???

THEY NEVER PONTIFICATED WHERE EXACTLY EVERYONE WHO GOT DUSTED WENT EITHER...

:thf:

Wait a minute.... Thanos did the first Snap on earth and everyone got dusted... Then there is the snap that caused the Blip and brought everyone back. Then you have Peter who describes to Tony what had happened kind of in between all that... Then you have the Iron Man Snap....

Point is, Thanos and his goons can't be dead. They must all be in the same realm or limbo all the heroes when to when they got dusted, no???

THEY NEVER PONTIFICATED WHERE EXACTLY EVERYONE WHO GOT DUSTED WENT EITHER...

:thf:

Uh... No. They were dead. The victims of the first snap died. And when Iron Man took them out... Thanos and his goons died. Peter was not in any way describing some limbo or afterlife. He was describing his moment of death and then coming back to life on Titan and finding Dr. Strange and the others there. There is no hint at some kind of limbo where the people who were destroyed by the snap went to in either film. Even the scene of Thanos talking to young Gamora (Who wasn't one of the dusted let's remember) is actually a scene about something ELSE, not the repository of the "souls" of the dusted. It was supposed to be a bookend deal. Thanos sees a vision of Gamora, the only person he supposedly had any affection for. Then in Endgame Tony was supposed to see a teenaged/young adult version of Morgan give him her blessing or assure him he was doing the right thing sacrificing himself or some such, which was cut out in the editing process.

But again... Thanos and his goons are D-E-A-D.

Tony Stark never showed much if any qualms about taking a fool out whether major villain or henchman. I don't think he suddenly develops some high minded moral code about his methods when confronted with a being that literally 20 minutes earlier was bragging about killing all life AGAIN and then remaking the universe as he sees fit as though he were some dark God of creation.

Thanos was one of the 5 characters terribly mishandled in Endgame. His death in the first 15 minutes of the movie was one of the most anti-climactic endings to a villain in cinematic history. In Infinity War, he was a compelling villain. Ever present and threatening. The Russos did all the hard work...only to kill him off while he's making a stew so they could get on with their silly SNL Thor sketch and treating Captain Marvel like a piece of cardboard.

While agree that Past Thanos was more menacing, this could've easily have been fixed, if they kept IW Thanos alive until the end and have him say and do the exact same thing. The MAJOR difference is Infinity War Thanos would actually have a history with the Avengers so the fight would have more resonance. Instead Past Thanos just looks at everyone and says "Who the **** are all these people?". They might as well have an army of Smurfs in front of him as they have no emotional connection to him. No killing Loki, No remembering who Scarlet Witch is, No knowing who Stark is. No knowledge of the fight on Titan. NOTHING. It would've meant hell of alot more if he did know who Scarlet Witch was. He might as well have been an entirely new character. Thanos was badly managed in EG. One of the many issues I had with the movie.

Uh... No. They were dead. The victims of the first snap died. And when Iron Man took them out... Thanos and his goons died. Peter was not in any way describing some limbo or afterlife. He was describing his moment of death and then coming back to life on Titan and finding Dr. Strange and the others there. There is no hint at some kind of limbo where the people who were destroyed by the snap went to in either film. Even the scene of Thanos talking to young Gamora (Who wasn't one of the dusted let's remember) is actually a scene about something ELSE, not the repository of the "souls" of the dusted. It was supposed to be a bookend deal. Thanos sees a vision of Gamora, the only person he supposedly had any affection for. Then in Endgame Tony was supposed to see a teenaged/young adult version of Morgan give him her blessing or assure him he was doing the right thing sacrificing himself or some such, which was cut out in the editing process.

But again... Thanos and his goons are D-E-A-D.

Tony Stark never showed much if any qualms about taking a fool out whether major villain or henchman. I don't think he suddenly develops some high minded moral code about his methods when confronted with a being that literally 20 minutes earlier was bragging about killing all life AGAIN and then remaking the universe as he sees fit as though he were some dark God of creation.

Did you need to start your reply with a condescending "Uh.... No"? LOL

My comment was an opinion/question. Not facts

Doesn't rocket say to Thor on Asgard that the people they lost are only kind of dead? Not Dead dead…

And if the people/heroes that Thanos snapped away died died, then how was Strange able to see past his own death to see that 1 win outcome which btw is established he should not have been able to do if he was really dead dead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"