Infinity War "That Up There... That's The Endgame." - The Robert Downey, Jr. / Iron Man Thread

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
irunman_zps6ee0ab19.png

He's confirmed to be back, and he said he'll be in at least Part 1 - so why not a thread?

Tony Stark will be in the most interesting position come Infinity War, considering he'll be dealing with the responsibility of creating Ultron, but also the fallout of Civil War. How will that affect things? How will Cap and Iron Man work together again?

Robert Downey said:
(Awards) season is upon us and I’m told I’ll be likely to be nominated four years ahead of time for my absolutely stellar performance in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1.

For all things Robert Downey, Jr. and Iron Man.

The quote they used for the trailer, is that from any of the previous films or something that was recorded for this trailer specifically (or perhaps Age of Ultron)? I can't remember hearing it before.

The quote they used for the trailer, is that from any of the previous films or something that was recorded for this trailer specifically (or perhaps Age of Ultron)? I can't remember hearing it before.

I was thinking that today...I can't recall either. Maybe IM3? (I've only seen it once)

I'm pretty sure that the Tony Stark quote from the trailer is new, so it must be from AOU. It fits with the plot of the film, which sees Tony trying to create a global protection force that can defend Earth from all possible threats. Certainly his journey to the other side of the universe through Loki's portal proved to Stark that aliens potentially pose the greatest threat to humanity. He may not know about Thanos specifically but he is anticipating something like him becoming a menace in the future.

I am so thrilled that RDJ has signed on for the final chapters of the Thanos saga. It's important that the original Avengers be on hand to see it through to the end.

RDJ started it. Now he must finish it.

Does anyone think we will see any new Iron Man suits other than Hulkbuster after AoU or will we just have the same suit?

I'd be surprised if there weren't any other iterations. Sure they've all been largely story driven changes (even IM3's Iron Legion), but it's a part of his character to continually evolve his work.

I absolutely believe we'll see more armors. I very much want to see a live action iteration of the black/gold Marvel NOW! armor by the time Infinity War takes place.

34ru06a.png

Thank you for making a thread about my favourite actor and hero. I can't wait to see him in AOU. He IS Tony Stark to me and I love his take on the character.

Ew, the black armour's horrible. Hope we never see that, or at least not in these two

I'm a fan of the black/gold. I'd love to see that and more in future movies.

Everyone who'll be really disappointed if Tony's "That up there...that's the endgame" line has spoiled the after credits stinger for us raise your hand. :oldrazz:

I don't think they'll kill him off, especially with RDJ saying there will be an IM-4 & it not being on the list of films coming up in the MCU.

They definitely plan on keeping him around. But if I was wrong and he got killed my jaw would be on the floor.

Was the "endgame" line not from a previous movie?

Hey, quick question. I know there was concept art of a space armor in Iron Man 3 and even several toys of it were made, but did it actually make an appearance in the movie?

Iron-Man-3-Space-Armor-Concept-Art.jpg

jpeg.jpeg

play-imaginative-super-alloy-die-cast-iron-man-3-deep-space-suit-24.jpg

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-3-Starboost-Mark-XXXIX-Collectible-Figure_PR8.jpg

phpThumb.php

It'd be cool if it showed up in Infinity War.

Last edited:
Was the "endgame" line not from a previous movie?

Hey, quick question. I know there was concept art of a space armor in Iron Man 3 and even several toys of it were made, but did it actually make an appearance in the movie?

Iron-Man-3-Space-Armor-Concept-Art.jpg

jpeg.jpeg

play-imaginative-super-alloy-die-cast-iron-man-3-deep-space-suit-24.jpg

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-3-Starboost-Mark-XXXIX-Collectible-Figure_PR8.jpg

phpThumb.php

It'd be cool if it showed up in Infinity War.

It made only a very brief appearance in Iron Man 3 (just like all the other suits). However, that suit is soooooooo badass! I think it might actually be one of my all time favorite Iron Man suits. I really hope that they have Stark rebuild it for Infinity War.

.. so is there supposed to be a space threat in avengers 2?

Not as far as we know. The suit pics from IM 3 are badass, though. Would be cool to see something like that in Infinity War, though. Or maybe the God Killer armor itself....or Extremis. :D

Please don't let this thread die off! RDJ is amazingggg and so is Iron Man. I could talk about him all day :3 <3

Me too. I could watch him forever playing as Stark. It's the perfect role for him. I'm watching Tropic Thunder just now. Haven't seen it in forever!

RDJ is incredible. He gave the performance of a lifetime in Civil War and I hope he pours whatever he's got left into IW. Like really puts his heart and soul into that movie

The intense close ups literally broke me. He has SO much emotion on screen.

RDJ is incredible. He gave the performance of a lifetime in Civil War and I hope he pours whatever he's got left into IW. Like really puts his heart and soul into that movie
Totally agree. He is an amazing actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"