The Avengers The Robert Downey Jr/Iron Man Thread

objection2.jpg

Tony Stark is RDJ

:applaud

Iron Man can be like Batman, IMO. Cast new actors, when needed, in new stories/situations. No need to retell the origin. I will cry the day RDJ hangs up the armor. He is the reason why IM is an A-list hero in popularity and the jump start to the Avengers franchise & Marvel Movie Verse.

If it does go the way of Batman, I hope it never turns to the crap we saw for several films before Nolan picked the franchise up.

Oh hell no. The nipples and the 12" bat ears that wobbled every time he ran. What about bubble gum faced two face? :woot:

Hey, I liked bubble gum faced Two-Face! I think he had a lot of...

tumblr_leswxbIcoV1qd31e2.jpg

Pizzazz!

Not with Marvel in control. They actually have integrity... and dignity. :funny:

Last edited:
There may be no one that can play Tony Stark quite like Downey can, but there are certainly other suitable actors who can bring other interesting elements to the character.

By the time Robert Downey Jr. is done playing Iron Man, the character should be maturing into a more serious, driven individual anyway, so hopefully there will be a bit less "manic egomaniac" to the character.

:up:

Iron Man can be like Batman, IMO. Cast new actors, when needed, in new stories/situations. No need to retell the origin. I will cry the day RDJ hangs up the armor. He is the reason why IM is an A-list hero in popularity and the jump start to the Avengers franchise & Marvel Movie Verse.

If it does go the way of Batman, I hope it never turns to the crap we saw for several films before Nolan picked the franchise up.

The slight problem here is that IM's part of the MCU now. Batman was alone as a franchise.

I now realize that Tony must has fixed the "freezing problem" for all his suits, since the Mark VII didn't ice up in space.

I have a question about Iron Man's final act of valor in the Avengers.

When he went into space through the portal, he became unconscious and his suit powered down. Why didn't he float off into space instead of falling back towards the portal? Was earth's gravity affecting him through the portal while he was in space?

I now realize that Tony must has fixed the "freezing problem" for all his suits, since the Mark VII didn't ice up in space.
He fixed the freezing problem a long time ago, remember? From Iron Man 1? It was crucial to a moment in the third act.

I have a question about Iron Man's final act of valor in the Avengers.

When he went into space through the portal, he became unconscious and his suit powered down. Why didn't he float off into space instead of falling back towards the portal? Was earth's gravity affecting him through the portal while he was in space?
People have said it was the combination of the pull of the portal and also perhaps the launching of his thrusters help push him back..

Yeah, but I was stating that he must have put the fixes onto every suit, just in case.
Since all he needed to do to fix the problem was build his suits with gold titanium rather than whatever alloy he used to build the Mark II, yeah, it's probably safe to assume every post-Mark III suit is icing-proof. Though given the Mark V suitcase armor's red and silver look (as opposed to red and gold), it's possible Stark didn't use gold titanium for it because he never intended to fly it up very high.

Though this does make me wonder whether or not Justin Hammer and the U.S. military fixed the icing problem for the War Machine armor, since it was based on the Mark II. I'm sure Rhodey warned them about it.

Yeah, but I was stating that he must have put the fixes onto every suit, just in case.

In Iron Man, Tony tells Jarvis to build the Mark III using the same alloy of one of their tactical satellites. I cant remember the exact wording of the scene, but it did involve the tactical satellite. He also mentioned something about increasing power to weight ratio.
From that scene, I came away thinking the tactical satellite has shield/armor capability (since it is weapons/military grade), lighter than the alloy used on the Mark II, and has some resistance to icing due to it's ability to launch into space.

As for War Machine, we'll probably never know since they never showed it being pushed to the altitude limits Tony was pushing it when it just the Mark II. My guess is we're supposed to see the WM armor as inferior to IM armor. That and the fact Hammer is clearly not as smart as Tony and probably never even considered the issue much like Stane....

Last edited:
Since all he needed to do to fix the problem was build his suits with gold titanium rather than whatever alloy he used to build the Mark II, yeah, it's probably safe to assume every post-Mark III suit is icing-proof. Though given the Mark V suitcase armor's red and silver look (as opposed to red and gold), it's possible Stark didn't use gold titanium for it because he never intended to fly it up very high.

Though this does make me wonder whether or not Justin Hammer and the U.S. military fixed the icing problem for the War Machine armor, since it was based on the Mark II. I'm sure Rhodey warned them about it.

I don't think the use of silver means anything on the suitcase armour. It could be that he just painted it that colour. After all, the parts that are red don't mean that they are made of some kind of red alloy.

I think the final act in avengers, part of his descent back through the portal can slightly be helped by the huge explosion in front of him?

Mark VII (or VIII) suit with space rocket booster, armor recognition band near the wine cabinet, chest plate -> Iron Man prepped.

I don't think the use of silver means anything on the suitcase armour. It could be that he just painted it that colour. After all, the parts that are red don't mean that they are made of some kind of red alloy.
Ha! True. A bit of overthinking things on my part. :o

Since the X-Men films failed to give us a Cyclops/Wolverine buddy-cop thing going, Tony and Bruce should fill that vacany.

Seeing how Hammer botched that missile WM used in IM2, I think fixing the icing issue may be much too hard for their team of engineers to crack. :oldrazz:

I hope he returns for Avengers 2. With his dramatic and comedic chops, he is the bedrock upon which the whole movie is built imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"