The Avengers The Robert Downey Jr/Iron Man Thread

Since his armor gets in such bad shape by the end of every movie I wonder if tony will upgrade to a new alloy(maybe in Avengers 2). Maybe he will try to crack the formula for creating vibranium. Didn't howard create caps shield? I would be happy if tony manages to create an alloy not as strong but close to that, making the new suits far more resistant.

Since his armor gets in such bad shape by the end of every movie I wonder if tony will upgrade to a new alloy(maybe in Avengers 2). Maybe he will try to crack the formula for creating vibranium. Didn't howard create caps shield? I would be happy if tony manages to create an alloy not as strong but close to that, making the new suits far more resistant.

I don't think Howard created the material that consists of CA's Shield. He just said that the metal used to create the shield was so rare that they could only find enough to make CA's shield.

Howard did not create the element the shield is made from (vibranium). He did "make" the shield, but no details were given on how he designed it, cut it, etc.

I was just wondering, (besides looking more dramatic and cool) why does Iron Man faint/lose power after sending the missile at the Chitauri home? He has flown in space before, and there's no icing problem...I don't see why he couldn't have let go of the missile and just turned around and flown back through the portal?

Flying to the outer layers of the Earth's atmosphere is not the same as flying in outer-space. I don't think the IM suit is equipped to handle the vacuum of space. Though after this experience, the Mark VIII probably will be, lol.

Didn't they also say that by the time IM3 rolls around, Tony will have a whole set of new armors to select from?

My God!!!:wow: It's amazing how Reality catches up to Fantasy...:stark:
[YT]x2sT9KoII_M[/YT]

And rumors floating around that he'll be getting the Extremis armor. They're casting ladies to play whom I presume is Maya Hansen.

Having some fun in an Ironman suit here is Australia - Some images from the Australian Avengers movie opening in Sydney, some recent childrens charity work and a recent photo shoot in the studio - Im on facebook as "Iron Mate" if anyone else is interested or has a similar suit - Im also coming across to San Diego Comic Con this year with some friends from Australia.
IMG_2003.JPG
411126_10150693483537546_667872545_9509761_1554904562_o.jpg
458559_435154049834052_100000183811856_27536371_519611214_o.jpg
IMG_1993-2.jpg
im3.jpg
im1.jpg
im4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"