Infinity War "That Up There... That's The Endgame." - The Robert Downey, Jr. / Iron Man Thread

I'm trying to remember, only seen it once and probably won't be able to go to the theater again for at least a week but...

Did anyone give Tony the talk about the snap and Thanos goal? I know Gamora tells Thor and the other Guardians but does that info ever get relayed to Tony and if so, by whom?

Cause I'm thinking he's not told, and if so, then Thanos saying "half of humanity will survive" and then what happens at the end would have been unexplained for Tony.
Thanos says when I am done half of humanity will be left I hope they remember you. Tony should be putting it together in his head. Nebula knows and can tell him.

Yeah Iassumed Thanos' end game was not only apparent to Tony by the end but that he's a smart enough cookie to put it together on his own if need be.

In all three showings every time [BLACKOUT]he gets stabbed people let out a gasp, a no, or say something. I was a little surprised my first time, but it was in the same spot Vision was stabbed in. If Thanos wanted to he would have stabbed him in the heart since Stark had no chance of beating him alone. [/BLACKOUT]Still a good moment and I enjoyed Stark in this.

The new suit seemed almost too magical to me. I know it’s nanotech but it looked like it was creating things out of thin air. Not that we will get more Iron Man sequels any time soon but I see no reason for him to upgrade any more.

Yeah the nano tech really opened up to more out of this world abilities

-A entire suit coming out of a palm sized reactor on his chest.

-A large shield forming in an instant

-Four large panels from the back that enhance the hand repulsor blast

-Wings

-Arm Blade

-Hammer fists

-Hammer foot

Instant regenerating face plate.

I did like that the damage was so severe that we saw one part of Tony's face

I feel the most for Tony out of any character in this film because of the fact that he has Pepper waiting for him and they are supposed to get married. Then with all of this stuff no chance of that happening now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The look on his face when he realizes the idiots that he is left with to save the world, you just see him thinking....so funny!!!

Iron Man has been haunting Thanos. I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be my favourite outing for RDJ's Tony Stark, he was my favourite of the heroes in this film, the wisecracks are there but his deterimnation has never been stronger, and I dug that [BLACKOUT]Thanos knew who he was[/BLACKOUT].

Last edited:
One of my favorite showing for RDJ/Iron Man. Loved the suit and all the weapons. I hope he brings it back for 4.

This was a very good outing for RDJ as Stark and a big part comes from him not just being a *****e quip machine for laughs all the time.

Crazy how 10 years ago right around this time I was getting to the theater for the midnight premiere of Iron Man. How far we've come since then. It's been a long, crazy ride.

source.gif

Crazy how 10 years ago right around this time I was getting to the theater for the midnight premiere of Iron Man. How far we've come since then. It's been a long, crazy ride.

source.gif

Can remember going to see IM @ my local cinema and being amazed that he was getting his own big screen feature length movie but now....

The MCU is like this awesome thing that is like living in a golden age.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

This was a very good outing for RDJ as Stark and a big part comes from him not just being a *****e quip machine for laughs all the time.

Agreed. They found the right balance for him. And they didn’t make the other characters quip machines either.

This movie was quip city, in number of quips and considering there was grave danger all the time in terms of context.

I do feel like overall the dialogue was mostly balanced though, but leaning towards a bit too many jokes.

This movie was quip city, in number of quips and considering there was grave danger all the time in terms of context.

I do feel like overall the dialogue was mostly balanced though, but leaning towards a bit too many jokes.

I think this movie had a tone that suited the situation better than 90% of other Marvel movies. Ragnarok was kind of ruined for me with all the jokes. We're talking about the destruction of freaking Asgard and all kinds of terror if Hela fine got what she wanted...

But I guess you can't deny (most) people are loving it.

The death of half the universe seems even more serious - and while most of the jokes worked for me it's basically undeniable that every scene had at least one joke, if not basically being an entire skit in some instances. Mostly it worked, but it was definitely filled with quips.

My bad - thank you to whoever fixed.

Last edited:
The death of half the universe seems even more serious - and while most of the jokes worked for me it's basically undeniable that every scene had at least one home, if not basically being an entire skit in some instances. Mostly it worked, but it was definitely filled with quips.

I agree.
Luckily they contained themselves in the final minutes. To me a big reason why the finale hits as it does.

For Tony it is personal and I hope he fights Thanos again one on one in A4

While he got kind of a(nother) ridiculous power boost in this, I loved his new armour and his one ve one against Thanos, Tony knew he couldn’t win, but he was fighting anyway pulling out all of the stops to save disaster happening.

Thanos says when I am done half of humanity will be left I hope they remember you. Tony should be putting it together in his head. Nebula knows and can tell him.
All I know is that it will be quite interesting to see the interaction between Tony and Nebula.

In all three showings every time [BLACKOUT]he gets stabbed people let out a gasp, a no, or say something. I was a little surprised my first time, but it was in the same spot Vision was stabbed in. If Thanos wanted to he would have stabbed him in the heart since Stark had no chance of beating him alone. [/BLACKOUT]Still a good moment and I enjoyed Stark in this.

Thanos seems to have a liking to those who fight back ( one of the reasons he became fond of Gamora) so it does seem like he's letting those with a lot of fight to live.
(Like Steve Rogers)

This might be my favourite outing for RDJ's Tony Stark, he was my favourite of the heroes in this film, the wisecracks are there but his deterimnation has never been stronger, and I dug that [BLACKOUT]Thanos knew who he was[/BLACKOUT].
This may have been my favourite outing for his character as well. Both for the good character moments and what he could do for the action scenes.
I'm hyped to see how things turn out. Easy to draw the conclusion that Strange saved Tony for good reason. That he has a very critical role to play in stopping Thanos and saving the day. For all the great moments he had in this one, the next one could top it.

His character was just at his best both with great lines, attitude, and action scenes. I just loved him going at Thanos and was right with the crowd going "oh crap" when he took that serious hit. I thought he was done for.

The new suit seemed almost too magical to me. I know it’s nanotech but it looked like it was creating things out of thin air. Not that we will get more Iron Man sequels any time soon but I see no reason for him to upgrade any more.

That thing was so advanced, I wish they would have saved it for Avengers 4. That suit seemed like something he'd come up with, once he had time to analyze the tech from the Guardians. Stuff like Starlord's mask or that nano tech spray, or whatever Rocket used, to repair the ship in GOTG2.

This movie did such a good job of showcasing why I love Downey’s Stark so much. Yeah he comes across as a wisecracking jerk a lot, but his past few movies (even going back to his first, actually) have shown that he uses that to hide just how personally he takes it when harm comes to people. He feels he has the intellect and tools to save people, and when bad things happen to good people, he takes that has a failing on his part, so their pain is his fault. He takes everything so personally even when he isn’t obvious about it (the kid in IM3, Peter in SM, the death of the boy in CV), and he worries about things so much he’s developed PTSD from it (even if it doesn’t haunt him as much as it did in IM3).

So in this, when he finds out about Thanos, he instantly takes it seriously and gets into the mode to figure out what has to be done. And by the end, when he’s fighting Thanos with so much on the line, he is literally giving the fight every ounce of what he has.

What I really love about Downey’s performance is how believable he is as a guy who will give you grief one minute, but literally fight to the bitter end to protect you the next.

i'm in the minority here that doesn't really dig this new armor. as some posters here have mentioned, its now basically creating things out of thin air, which personally, ruins the immersion a bit. wish they have stuck with those older model. felt its kinda similar to the captain america FA suit vs the avengers 1 thing again (visually)

..now Robert Downey Jr's performance is another story. superb

I am not huge on the new armor myself, either. Sort of almost makes him not Iron Man anymore to some extent. I get it's still technically an armor and the armor was always based on super science, but it feels like a bit too much. Granted, they wanted an armor where Thanos couldn't one shot him dead, and I get that. Still, not my favorite armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"