The 2012 Maine and Nevada Caucuses

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
The Maine and Nevada caucuses take place on February 4th. Who will win? Who will lose? Who will drop out of the race?

(In keeping with the tradition of the 2008 election season...all debates, primaries, and caucuses will have their own threads to ensure that the political forum continues to run smoothly.)

Discuss. :yay:

No debates? I want to see more of Santorum being bored out of his mind when Romney talks. Why, sometimes I begin to drift off to sleep when Romney talks. :p

Maybe Newt's moon strategy will resonate with the extra-terrestrial vote out of Area 51.

Who wants to bet it will be 1. Romney, 2. Paul in Nevada, 3. Who gives a **** :awesome:

Nevada
1. Mitt Romney
2. Ron Paul
3. Rick Santorum
4. Newt Gingrich

Maine
1. Mitt Romney
2. Ron Paul
3. Rick Santorum
4. Newt Gingrich

Gingrich will be utterly humiliated by two last place finishes in a row.

I would suspect those will be the results. Romney won huge in Nevada last time, and I've heard the Paul could challenge in Maine, but I haven't actually seen any polls for them so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

If Romney is going to have a hiccup in February, I'd guess that the most likely place is going to be Minnesota just because they pride themselves in going against the grain, but that's just speculation.

Romney won huge in Maine last time as well, just as big as his victory in Nevada in 2008. Maine's electorate is also just like New Hampshire's. While Paul is heavily focusing on the caucus states which should give him somewhat of a leg up, Maine is still Romney country.

Romney won huge in Maine last time as well, just as big as his victory in Nevada in 2008. Maine's electorate is also just like New Hampshire's. While Paul is heavily focusing on the caucus states which should give him somewhat of a leg up, Maine is still Romney country.

That's how I always thought it would be. Maine is still New England after all. But people were saying on Tuesday that Paul had a real shot and we don't have any polls to show what is actually going on, so I assumed they knew something.

Nevada has a significant number of Mormons so that should guarantee Romney victory for that state.

Wow, I didn't even know Maine was holding their caucus tonight. I haven't heard anybody talk about it.

Because Maine's caucuses are a days long process.

Early results in Nevada have Mitt Romney with a commanding lead with 52% of the vote. Ron Paul is second with 20% followed by Newt Gingrich with 19% and Santorum with 9%.

Be nice if Paul wins, but 2nd is good considering. I still don't like this BFF of Romney and Paul...but whatever. I'm voting Johnson.

Early results in Nevada have Mitt Romney with a commanding lead with 52% of the vote. Ron Paul is second with 20% followed by Newt Gingrich with 19% and Santorum with 9%.

I don't know how the precaucuse polls had Ron Paul in single digits(this is roughly what I expected) behind Santorum

So, Romney wins. But that's not really a surprise in that state. But if he picks up the next one, Newt will have lost all his momentum from SC. Oh well.

I personally can't wait till Viriginia. Should be interesting to see how Romney does only going up against Paul.

I personally can't wait till Viriginia. Should be interesting to see how Romney does only going up against Paul.

I forgot only those two are on the ballot in that state. When is their vote?

I think it's very safe to say both will get at least 30% of the vote...Could see Romney win.

It's been at 3% of the votes in forever...I'm tempted to school those zombies on the zombie maps on Call of Duty Black Ops. And by school, send them back to their graves!

I don't know how the precaucuse polls had Ron Paul in single digits(this is roughly what I expected) behind Santorum

That poll came off as terrible IMO, I tend to be rather realistic with Ron Paul's capabilities, but even I found it almost impossible with Ron Paul ending up with less than 10% of the vote and coming in behind Rick Santorum.

Ron Paul was always going to have a decent showing in Nevada. He came in second the last time, Gingrich is imploding, and Santorum has a small presence in the state.

8% of the vote coming in with Romney at 45%, Gingrich at 22%, Paul at 21%, and Santorum at 11%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"