The 26th James Bond Film

I’m off to a James Bond concert this weekend where they perform the songs live. Really looking forward to it. I think there might be similar converts in the UK?

It’s funny to think actors would struggle to commit to ten years. I know that was hard with Daniel but he sort of comes from a different generation. Like, we have to remember when he was cast marvel was this little independent studio making a movie about a character no one heard of called iron man.

my point is a lot of actors probably like the idea of an arc and continued work over the years if it’s done well. And if they’re talking to twenty years olds they’re definitely people who grew up in the marvel era of committing to like, eight picture deals.

anyway guess we wait and see

“The thing is, it’s going to be a couple of years off,” she notes. “And when we cast Bond, it’s a 10-12-year commitment. So he’s probably thinking, ‘Do I really want that thing? Not everybody wants to do that. It was hard enough getting [Daniel Craig to do it].” Wilson interjects: “And he was in his early 30s at the time!”
George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton have left the chat.

Yes well. Not sure if people heard but Lazenby actually got fired from the bond live in concert for being sexist and homophobic :eek:

I wonder which scriptwriters they’re talking to? There must be a few bond fans who have heaps of great new ideas. Hopefully they use that property of a lady name for the new bond actor

I wonder which scriptwriters they’re talking to? There must be a few bond fans who have heaps of great new ideas. Hopefully they use that property of a lady name for the new bond actor

I can see PhoeBe Waller Bridge coming back as a writer.

I expect Wade and Purvis to get the ball rolling, then others will come in.

It's surprising to see they're waiting so long to cast, but it's the right move.

George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton have left the chat.

Dalton was around for like 8 years which wasn't too bad. They just weren't making any movies. He should have been in at least three, if not four. In terms of time, he was in the role almost as long as Brosnan was and longer than Connery (not counting DAF).

Dalton had the misfortune of being Bond in the wrong time. I can see him in Goldeneye since it was meant for him but who knows how he would have fit in after that in the 90s. Ideally, he should have been cast after For Your Eyes Only. Although I really enjoy Octopussy. :o

Property of a Lady is the "lost" James Bond film. Dalton was definitely going to do that one in 1991, and then I could see him doing something like Goldeneye around 93-94 to finish off.

Property of a Lady is the "lost" James Bond film. Dalton was definitely going to do that one in 1991, and then I could see him doing something like Goldeneye around 93-94 to finish off.

I don't recall, that was going to be a Bond film?

It's surprising to see they're waiting so long to cast, but it's the right move.

I'm not, I also approve. They should take their time. Give the franchise a break, let everyone crave its return.

It exposes how awful a lot of gossip blogs were about covering who the next Bond would be. All their scoops were wrong.

I'm not, I also approve. They should take their time. Give the franchise a break, let everyone crave its return.

It exposes how awful a lot of gossip blogs were about covering who the next Bond would be. All their scoops were wrong.

I figured in this more fast paced world, it wouldn't take as long, but I appreciate their traditional approach. It's an investment that they need to get right. If they play their cards right, people will get excited for Bond's return in several years.

I figured in this more fast paced world, it wouldn't take as long, but I appreciate their traditional approach. It's an investment that they need to get right. If they play their cards right, people will get excited for Bond's return in several years.

If it's out by 2025-2026 I think that's a decent timeframe.

Is there a plot breakdown?

Just some small details. It involved Bond investigating a wealthy businessman in Hong Kong alongside another spy on a last job before retirement and trying to prevent World War III with China. Anthony Hopkins was rumored to be in the running as the villain.

I think its a bit weird that people were expecting them to cast an actor for Bond before they hired a director or a writer for the next movie. Its not like the old days when they had scripts for movies ready to go on the regular and had John Glen on staff as the in-house director. And they have to reboot the series completely because Craig's Bond died on screen (which makes it impossible to continue in that universe, unless you do that stupid code name theory bull****).

Just some small details. It involved Bond investigating a wealthy businessman in Hong Kong alongside another spy on a last job before retirement and trying to prevent World War III with China. Anthony Hopkins was rumored to be in the running as the villain.

Damn, what a missed opportunity. That sounds up Dalton's alley.

I think its a bit weird that people were expecting them to cast an actor for Bond before they hired a director or a writer for the next movie. Its not like the old days when they had scripts for movies ready to go on the regular and had John Glen on staff as the in-house director. And they have to reboot the series completely because Craig's Bond died on screen (which makes it impossible to continue in that universe, unless you do that stupid code name theory bull****).

There's apart of me thinks he's an unknown right now like Craig pre Layer Cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"