The 26th James Bond Film

@Sawyer posted this in the NTTD thread and wanted to bring this over. Guess it's that time where we can start speculating.

I might buy this given that the producers have their ear to the ground with what's in vogue, and not dissimilar to Brosnan with Remington Steele or Craig with Layer Cake, they have a penchant for casting a previously unknown actor from a current breakout hit. And he's not one of the obvious and more known suggestions from before. The other Bridgerton actor, Rege-Jean Page, was the focus of speculation.

On the other hand, this rumor is a little dubious given his name was mentioned last October after NTTD came out. Might be a coincidence or this could be utter bullcrap! But the British tabloids have bizarrely always been the ones with the first legit info for these movies in the past.

Regardless, it's fun to speculate and an announcement is coming this year for the 60th anniversary. For the first time in a long time, we're going to meet our new 007 soon. Exciting times ahead.

@Sawyer posted this in the NTTD thread and wanted to bring this over. Guess it's that time where we can start speculating.

I might buy this given that the producers have their ear to the ground with what's in vogue, and not dissimilar to Brosnan with Remington Steele or Craig with Layer Cake. They have a penchant for casting a previously unknown actor from a current breakout hit. And he's not one of the obvious and more known suggestions from before. The other Bridgerton actor, Rege-Jean Page, was the focus of rumors.

On the other hand, this rumor is a little dubious given his name was mentioned last October after NTTD came out. Might be a coincidence or this could be utter bullcrap! But the British tabloids have bizarrely always been the ones with the first legit info for these movies in the past.

Regardless, it's fun to speculate and an announcement is coming this year for the 60th anniversary.

I still think it'll be a POC most likely.

Not sure how reliable that Twitter account is tho

EDIT: Looking through Small Screen's account...it looks like a glorified ScreenRant.

I still think it'll be a POC most likely.

Not sure how reliable that Twitter account is tho

EDIT: Looking through Small Screen's account...it looks like a glorified ScreenRant.

And here I was thinking this was a British tabloid. You know it's bad when a tabloid has more credibility over ScreenRant. :o

Yeah, that choice is way too conventional.

I can guarantee that the next Bond will be as “left field” as it felt when Daniel Craig was cast. Someone most aren’t even considering.

ATJ

No not Anya Taylor-Joy, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson. ;)

I love Bailey he’s a super talented actor and getting heaps of buzz for c*ck.

ATJ

No not Anya Taylor-Joy, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson. ;)

I’m not sure Aaron likes franchises. He might be difficult to get back over and over.

Anya would be such an awesome woman Bond, I would watch the hell out of that

I would absolutely love to see her as a Bond girl, but woman Bond thank God it's never going to happen.

I can't tell you if this guy can act but Lucien Laviscount

black British actor. Lookwise can pull off Bond. Only 29 years old. But again I haven't seen anything he's acted in

Damson Idris has all the proper Bond qualities. He's been doing quality work on snowfall for awhile now.

Like Damnson Idris. I think he's a really good actor. Big fan of Snowfall.
But I can't really see him as Bond. He's just too young looking even though he's late 20s/early30s. He still looks college aged to me.

He is young looking for sure, but I think he has athleticism he hasn't had much opportunity to flex yet in his career that could mitigate his boyish looks.

Ugh. It would be so eyeroll-inducing if they cast the OTHER Bridgerton guy. But I could see that happening. Bleh.

Either one of the Bridgerton guys would yield either the first black Bond or the first gay Bond. A big move either way IMO.

Either one of the Bridgerton guys would yield either the first black Bond or the first gay Bond. A big move either way IMO.
A gay Bond? I can't see them doing that. Plus, EVERYONE on the Internet would riot. It would be like the great "Ninja Turtles are aliens mixup" meltdown of 2013 (And yes, it WAS a mix-up; they were never planed to be aliens in the 2014 movie, just that the ooze would be of alien origin like in the cartoon cartoon), remember that?

A gay Bond? I can't see them doing that. Plus, EVERYONE on the Internet would riot. It would be like the great "Ninja Turtles are aliens mixup" meltdown of 2013 (And yes, it WAS a mix-up; they were never planed to be aliens in the 2014 movie, just that the ooze would be of alien origin like in the cartoon cartoon), remember that?
If you’re assuming everyone on the internet is homophobic, sure.

If you’re assuming everyone on the internet is homophobic, sure.
That's not at all what I meant, though the right-wingers would get pissed off and I have no sympathy for them. I just can't see a gay James Bond working, and I'm someone who's completely fine with gay people, fictional or real. The thing is, Bond has ALWAYS been a ladies man, even before the movies were a thing. Trying that same method on men just feels wrong. He and Felix definitely had a small bromance in the Craig movies but that was really it; they were bros. A black or a different race-British Bond I think is more feasible IMO, as Idris Elba's still my main pick for the moment.

I can't tell you if this guy can act but Lucien Laviscount

black British actor. Lookwise can pull off Bond. Only 29 years old. But again I haven't seen anything he's acted in
He looks like a boy band member from Croydon.

Damson Idris has all the proper Bond qualities. He's been doing quality work on snowfall for awhile now.
Idris would have been perfect as Bond, same mould as Craig - he can totally carry off 3 movies over 10 years but would it appeal to the younger audiences which rumours are suggesting it wants to after the heaviness of Craig.

A gay Bond.. don't you mean a gay actor for Bond. In the words of Ali G I always assumed Bond was Trisexual anyways....

My leanings are towards Dan Stevens - looks like a younger Craig, could carry a lighter toned Bond. I was all for Cavill, but the frown is growing old, fast on me.

Perfect world, Dan Stevens as a newly recruited Bond, Elba plays oo7 that Bond looks up to, he's the perfection and the pinnacle of oo status - Elba over the course steps into the M role and Bond gets his oo7 status. Moving forward, they need to put more emphasis on the oo's and utilize that world. A connecting limited series headed by Elba.

007: POLARIS
dir. Christoper Nolan

image.jpg

James Bond / 007: Cillian Murphy, 45
Gala Brand: Elizabeth Debicki, 31
Main Villain: Andrew Koji, 34

ADDITIONAL VILLAINS
Main Henchman: Nonso Anozie, 43
Femme Fatale: Tao Okamoto, 36

MI6
M: Kristin Scott Thomas, 61
Q: Himesh Patel, 31
Bill Tanner: Patrick Kennedy, 43
Miss Moneypenny: Sally Hawkins, 45

SUPPORTING
Tiger Tanaka: Ken Watanabe, 62
Ronnie Vallance: David Oyelowo, 46
Sir Frederick Gray: Michael Caine, 89

ADDITIONAL
Prime Minister of Japan: Hiroyuki Sanada, 61
Additional Bond Woman: Matilda De Angelis, 26

1859928.jpg

Do a trilogy with Cillian Murphy.

He’s an older Bond; I always like the dynamic in Goldeneye with M—that he’s a relic from a bygone era. Like the world is moving on without him.

And I really like the idea of using Japan as a backdrop.

Cavill is my main pick, but after that I'm still erring towards Aidan Turner or maybe Jamie Dornan.

actor-aidan-turner-222578_large.jpg

original

Ahhhh okay I didn’t realize he was gay. That would be progressive casting, which is great. I just found him so meh on Bridgerton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"