The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Woman's abs is splendid though. :ilv:

5599737-9826446175-wonde.jpg

But yeah, rarer on female costume.
Is that from BvS, WW, or JL? I ask because clearly something changed at some point...

81YyMXZed9L.jpg

They're much more subtle in this version, I'd barely qualify it as "fake abs," and more like "enhancement shading" lol.

I like the abs.... :D
tumblr_oybqn18oX01qgfbkmo1_500.gif

Is that from BvS, WW, or JL? I ask because clearly something changed at some point...

81YyMXZed9L.jpg

They're much more subtle in this version, I'd barely qualify it as "fake abs," and more like "enhancement shading" lol.
From Entertainment Weekly's Wonder Woman cover.

Weirdly enough, I think images you posted above are also from WW movie.
Maybe the lighting impacts how subtle or bold the shading would be.

From Entertainment Weekly's Wonder Woman cover.

Weirdly enough, I think images you posted above are also from WW movie.
Maybe the lighting impacts how subtle or bold the shading would be.
Huh, maybe. Interesting. :hmm

All of this abs armor drama could have been avoided if he was simply shirtless.

But no one ever listens to me ;(

twlanuvium09.jpg

source : ITALICA: Tomb of the Warrior, LanuviumITALICA: Tomb of the Warrior, Lanuvium

"Fakes abs, muscles etc." have been part of armor design since Roman civilization. Aquaman's armor is no exception. I don't see why it is a problem.
Personally, I don't mind them and if it's looks good then it's great. Costumes tend to clings or tight so they would press down and hide them gains. Shoulder pads and muscle sculpting/ contourings help actors and actresses to look more imposing. Nowadays many people expected superheroes to be bigger than ever, I think they'd help.

Now I look at sleek Routh's Superman costume, at this era he would be considered pretty slim, time sure change.

Not many, I don't make many shirtless gifs of him, I fear for my health :funny: I usualy gif interviews

tumblr_oerksh4xgl1re1ut0o2_500.gif

All of this abs armor drama could have been avoided if he was simply shirtless.

But no one ever listens to me ;(

tumblr_pa2gdbH0Uw1tiffm1o4_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:
twlanuvium09.jpg

source : ITALICA: Tomb of the Warrior, LanuviumITALICA: Tomb of the Warrior, Lanuvium

"Fakes abs, muscles etc." have been part of armor design since Roman civilization. Aquaman's armor is no exception. I don't see why it is a problem.

It’s not the idea, it’s the execution. Batfleck’s fake abs looked fine. Superman’s were a bit too sculpted but I think the colors of the suit in the first two masked it. In Justice League they looked horrible.

I think the bright orange color of the suit highlights the abs in a comical way.

Personally, I don't mind them and if it's looks good then it's great. Costumes tend to clings or tight so they would press down and hide them gains. Shoulder pads and muscle sculpting/ contourings help actors and actresses to look more imposing. Nowadays many people expected superheroes to be bigger than ever, I think they'd help.

Now I look at sleek Routh's Superman costume, at this era he would be considered pretty slim, time sure change.

tumblr_oerksh4xgl1re1ut0o2_500.gif

tumblr_pa2gdbH0Uw1tiffm1o4_r1_500.jpg

pAOO6ZO.gif

Abs-gate...WB should digitally remove abs before release date..people are apparently unhappy...:word:

That's just Jason's abs winning the epic fight with that armor which bends to their will and reshapes to resemble them.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, all I see is Aqua Nipples.

and we haven't seen Orm in his awesome helmet right? I hope it looks as good as the poster in live action

I'm really loving James Wan's mention of influences such as the 60's Filmation Aquaman cartoons and Ray Harryhausen films. I can definitely see Harryhausen's Sinbad films, Jason and The Argonauts, The Beast From 20000 Fathoms, It Came From Beneath The Sea, and Mysterious Island as having very apt material for Aquaman-use.

That crown rocks. Mera's outfit looks blue, maybe she's in another costume.

Ugh. They're both very statuesque and boiling surrounding sea with their presence.

If you don't know that these people are from a superhero movie, they totally could pull off 'a romantic fantasy princessy fiction something' looks.

Seven Underwater Kingdoms - Trench, Fisherman kingdom, Atlantean, Xebel, Brine, missing kingdom and humans (?)
DpLq0YFXUAETL74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"