You're good to go.

Character Application

The ONE UNIVERSE RPG Application

Primary Character: Peter Parker aka The Amazing Spider-Man

List Of Essential NPC's (Vital To Your Story):

The Good
Mary Jane Watson: The love of Peter's life
Miles Morales/The Scarlet Spider: Peter's protégé, member of the Young Avengers
Harry Osborn: Peter's best friend and the CEO of Oscorp after the death of his father, Harry struggles to keep his company afloat.
Flash Thompson: Peter's former bully, now a close friend. Flash is also the self-proclaimed biggest fan of Spider-Man
Aunt May: Peter's Aunt and the woman who raised him

The Bad
Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus: Peter's nemesis and a criminal super-genius.
The Jackal: A genetics expert allied with Octavius
"Venom": A mysterious, Spider-Man-like, superpowered individual that has recently arrived in New York.
Black Tarantula: The city's newest mob boss
Kraven the Hunter: Renowned hunter hired by Black Tarantula to kill Spider-Man

List Of Non-Essential NPC's (Open To Widespread Use And Play):

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat: A former flame of Peter's, as well as a former co-member of the Teen Titans.
The Teen Titans: A group Peter once belonged to, before deciding that he preferred working solo.
New York Heroes: Power Man, Jessica Jones, etc
The Young Avengers: The group Peter's sidekick Miles Morales belongs to
New York Villains
Daily Bugle Staff

Your Main Storyline's Premise:

My Peter has it all. He's found the perfect balance between his life as Spider-Man and his life as Peter Parker. Realizing that he wasn't made for the Avengers or the Justice League during his time with the Teen Titans, he's moved on to focusing solely on defending New York from its many threats. He's in a loving, stable relationship with Mary Jane, who knows his secret.

So what happens when all that is thrown off balance by emerging threats? What happens when Spider-Man no longer can ignore the happenings outside his slice of the world?

Find out in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

Why Are You Applying For This Character?:

Spidey and Cap are my favorite superheroes. Don't know when I'll get the chance to play both at the same time again. Plus I want to have fun with a Peter I've never gotten to write before. Between the teenage years and the married years, with a sidekick to boot.

Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):

"Would you stay still!" Shocker yelled in utter frustration. He fired another shot of concussive energy from his gauntlets towards Spider-Man, who again easily hopped out of the way. "GRAAAAAAAAH! I hate you!"

"Geez, Herm," Spider-Man sighed in a sarcastic fashion, "you need to calm down. This cannot be good for your blood pressure. You're doctor's gonna have to give you some pills!"

Herman Schultz, now known as the Shocker, had been a two bit safe cracker and thief the last time Peter Parker had come across him. Of course, that was before someone gave him these high-tech gauntlets. He had spent the last three weeks tearing through Manhattan financial institutions, stealing all he could. Today was the day that Spider-Man finally caught up with him.

Great, Peter thought. Now I have to put him away and find out who gave him those. Just what I needed.

But that would come later. For now, Peter had to stop Shocker. He had already torn up the avenue they were on. A few cop cars were on their hoods behind Spider-Man, and for all he knew the officers inside were injured. Schultz was firing wildly with his gauntlets, not worrying about collateral damage.

Spider-Man backflipped out of the way of another blast, and let loose with two streams of webbing as he did. Each found their mark, connecting with both of Shocker's gauntlets. With a flick of the wrist, he made Shocker's hands slam together. The resulting vibration shook the gauntlets apart, neutralizing the Shocker.

"Wah...how!?" Schultz screamed. "How!? I had you this time! I had you."

"Sure you did, buddy. Sure you did," Parker responded, webbing the villain up completely. "You just need to visualize better. You'll get there."

With that, Spider-Man swung away. He was already late for a date with Mary Jane, and he did not want to be any later. He was in hot water as it was.

For Reference, Post A Picture Of How Your Character's Going To Look:

Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_156_Textless_zps7f070e28.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try and get a Batman post in tomorrow. Something came up today that's forced me to go out of town.

If Carnage gets approved for Spidey, I'll need to have a convo since my arc with Nightwing is going to heavily involve the former Titans.

If Carnage gets approved for Spidey, I'll need to have a convo since my arc with Nightwing is going to heavily involve the former Titans.

I was planning on PMing you if I got accepted to make sure it was cool that I was using that in the story. I made it non essential should there be conflicts, but I thought it would be a good reason as to why Peter no longer works on a bigger team

I was planning on PMing you if I got accepted to make sure it was cool that I was using that in the story. I made it non essential should there be conflicts, but I thought it would be a good reason as to why Peter no longer works on a bigger team

Shouldn't be a problem, just opens the door for a brief crossover considering what I've got in mind.

I've been overthinking my first post. Today's the day I just sit down and make myself write it. But first... sleep.

Spidey sample posted.

Planning on having a Cap post up tomorrow

5fpt9BB.gif

Hmm. To approve or not to approve...

Hmmmmm.....
.devopprA

First Spidey post is up. Should have Cap up tomorrow.

Sample and a couple posts (Oooo, ambitious!) coming today.

Night shifts have been punching me in the throat this week.

Well, that only took forever, eh? In the end, I just completely scrapped my opener and went with what would have been my second post. Now that the inertia is gone, let's hope that the next installment isn't so delayed...

Late post (and a good post for that matter) beats no post. So good on ya, mate.

(and a good post for that matter)

Attempting flattery, eh? Well, that's one way to skin a cat.

Mostly, though, I'm just trying not to make y'all look bad. It's fun getting to read all your stuff again.

Wanted to get a Cap post done last night, but had a splitting headache. Planning on getting one up tonight

Brilliant stuff so far guys.

If I'm quiet the next few days, I haven't abandoned y'all. I'll be travelling for spring break/Easter.

Primary Character:
Red Robin - Tim Wayne
Anarky - Lonnie Machin
Dr. Mid Nite - Charles McNider
The Shadowman - Jack Boniface
The Scarecrow - Jonathan Crane​
Superboy
Tim is pretty well established in the superhero community, though not quite to the extent of either Nightwing or Batman, but if he died tomorrow what would his legacy be? He’s been asking himself that a lot lately because it turns out he has a tumor. It’s been resulting in myoclonic seizures. He hasn’t told Batman or anyone in the family except Alfred, but he has been seeing Dr. Mid Nite discreetly, they’ve scheduled a surgery to remove the growth. Even if the tumor doesn’t, there is a chance that the surgery could kill him. But he’s thinking a lot about his personal future and his legacy. So he’s decided that he wants to see if he can point a few of the Batfamily’s enemies to the light.​
I love the Bat-Family. Tim has always been my favorite Robin, even though he hasn’t been Robin for years. I want to approach some angles I haven’t seen approached before.​
Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended
Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):
There’s blood everywhere. Everywhere.

Even on the sheets of Jim’s hospital bed where he’d been laying. It’s not the first massacre I’ve seen and, unfortunately, it probably won’t be the last. Actually, now that I think about it, it might be, but let’s not fixate on that for now.

"Medical and EMT are dead, too. Batman and I saw the traffic on the way over and it's too heavy for another ambulance. I'm gonna have to take her to a hospital myself."

Gordon looks pissed. He looks scared, but he mostly looks pissed—like he wants to wage war against the color green itself. And I am glad that he’s not telekinetic, because I have never, in all my nineteen years, seen anyone shake his own head so deliberately.

"No, dammit. I'm fine, I can handle this. And besides, I'd rather take my chances with my car than with you carrying her thirty stories above ground."

He’s clearly letting his emotions get to him a bit. I’m not exactly happy about this either. But I get where he’s coming from. I can’t imagine what these people mean to him. If nothing else, there’s a shot for Montoya to make it. I assume that letting her live was an accident, but this is clearly a methodical sort of show-off who wants to play with people’s feelings. I look at Batman to see if I should just go ahead and take care of Renee or let Gordon take his chances.

"Leave her to the Commissioner. You're to stay out here for recon. I need a second pair of eyes to pick up on anything I've missed."

I guarantee that that’s just a consolation to let Gordon rest his mind. But he’s got a point--never know if there could be a second attack. Gordon’s clearly ill-equipped. bad place, I don’t even know if I’m equipped for this.​
64b1357512b26a1864b8f1cc7986e683.jpg

Last edited:
You should add two more villains, to make the arc "Red Robin vs. Five Guys."

Primary Character:
Red Robin - Tim Wayne
Anarky - Lonnie Machin
Dr. Mid Nite - Charles McNider
The Shadowman - Jack Boniface
The Scarecrow - Jonathan Crane​
Superboy
Tim is pretty well established in the superhero community, though not quite to the extent of either Nightwing or Batman, but if he died tomorrow what would his legacy be? He’s been asking himself that a lot lately because it turns out he has a tumor. It’s been resulting in myoclonic seizures. He hasn’t told Batman or anyone in the family except Alfred, but he has been seeing Dr. Mid Nite discreetly, they’ve scheduled a surgery to remove the growth. Even if the tumor doesn’t, there is a chance that the surgery could kill him. But he’s thinking a lot about his personal future and his legacy. So he’s decided that he wants to see if he can point a few of the Batfamily’s enemies to the light.​
I love the Bat-Family. Tim has always been my favorite Robin, even though he hasn’t been Robin for years. I want to approach some angles I haven’t seen approached before.​
Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended
Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):
There’s blood everywhere. Everywhere.

Even on the sheets of Jim’s hospital bed where he’d been laying. It’s not the first massacre I’ve seen and, unfortunately, it probably won’t be the last. Actually, now that I think about it, it might be, but let’s not fixate on that for now.

"Medical and EMT are dead, too. Batman and I saw the traffic on the way over and it's too heavy for another ambulance. I'm gonna have to take her to a hospital myself."

Gordon looks pissed. He looks scared, but he mostly looks pissed—like he wants to wage war against the color green itself. And I am glad that he’s not telekinetic, because I have never, in all my nineteen years, seen anyone shake his own head so deliberately.

"No, dammit. I'm fine, I can handle this. And besides, I'd rather take my chances with my car than with you carrying her thirty stories above ground."

He’s clearly letting his emotions get to him a bit. I’m not exactly happy about this either. But I get where he’s coming from. I can’t imagine what these people mean to him. If nothing else, there’s a shot for Montoya to make it. I assume that letting her live was an accident, but this is clearly a methodical sort of show-off who wants to play with people’s feelings. I look at Batman to see if I should just go ahead and take care of Renee or let Gordon take his chances.

"Leave her to the Commissioner. You're to stay out here for recon. I need a second pair of eyes to pick up on anything I've missed."

I guarantee that that’s just a consolation to let Gordon rest his mind. But he’s got a point--never know if there could be a second attack. Gordon’s clearly ill-equipped. bad place, I don’t even know if I’m equipped for this.​
64b1357512b26a1864b8f1cc7986e683.jpg

Gotta admit, I didnt see that one coming. But it's nevertheless a welcome sight.

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

Sorry I'm behind. Will have posts tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"