The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Isn’t BvS the movie that Drew McWeeny reported WB execs were very worried about after screenings, which got him subsequently chased off the internet?

Yep, thats right, i think it was like a month before release he reported that the movie was in trouble and no one wanted to believe it. I think that was ironically the only tangible thing we heard about BvS’ test screenings.

Last edited:
Because Shazam 2 is in March and they can't afford to move that again. (it is actually the perfect date for it) Fear of Avatar 2 in December is causing all of this.

I still stand by my stance that Shazam 2 would fare just fine against Way of Water. The latter is not a CBM and the former is more kid-friendly, different demographics. And there would be families that would go and see both movies during the Christmas holidays.

The reason all these movies got pushed back was because of Miller's antics and due to the WBD merger to a smaller degree. Black Adam was completed on time for its original July 2022 date (as is this movie for its original November 2022 date), but because Miller kept getting into trouble with the law, the whole DC release schedule keeps changing.

The reason they got pushed back is because they reportedly don't have money to release more than two films this year.

Also even if the audience for Shazam and Avatar were different, which they're not, one film would steal screens from the other and it would hurt both. One more than the other, of course. It's never a good idea to put big movies together because it limits the screenings, the seat capacity and therefore the overall profit.

The reason they got pushed back is because they reportedly don't have money to release more than two films this year.

Now Warners is just making s**t up. They just gave their House Party remake (originally an HBO Max exclusive) a December 9 release date and they're going all in on Don't Worry Darling and Black Adam.

Moving a low budget film into a December release, making it three films in total doesn't change much. Now, it may or may not be true, but since it's something that makes them look like an even more of a mess and since it's not something that they officially announced, I doubt it's a false narrative that they themselves are trying to establish.

I'm not sure I buy into the whole "they don't have money to release more movies" thing. If that were the case, then Good Lord WB is in more dire trouble than we thought. But come on, WARNER BROTHERS doesn't have the MONEY to release more films? Come on now...

I think there are a variety of converging factors contributing to the release shifts. Zaslav wants to maximize Aquaman's profits (especially since its reportedly not that good) so moving to next December allows them to a) do extensive reshoots to hopefully fix the movie and b) give it its good luck date to hopefully make what it did in Christmas 2018.

I still stand by my stance that Shazam 2 would fare just fine against Way of Water. The latter is not a CBM and the former is more kid-friendly, different demographics. And there would be families that would go and see both movies during the Christmas holidays.

The reason all these movies got pushed back was because of Miller's antics and due to the WBD merger to a smaller degree. Black Adam was completed on time for its original July 2022 date (as is this movie for its original November 2022 date), but because Miller kept getting into trouble with the law, the whole DC release schedule keeps changing.

That definitely plays into it as well. It all sucks...

Moving a low budget film into a December release, making it three films in total doesn't change much. Now, it may or may not be true, but since it's something that makes them look like an even more of a mess and since it's not something that they officially announced, I doubt it's a false narrative that they themselves are trying to establish.

Its BS. They have money, they just dont want to do what Kilar and Co. did and burn money in the hopes of adding revenue. None of the films are guaranteed to bring in the big dollars so no need wasting hundred of millions in a year you have tons of red ink already just to maybe make a decent profit that is a drop in the bucket overall. If something like The Batman or Joker was ready to go they would go outof their way to make sure it did because that would be highly profitable.

This stuff is beyond normal accounting they need things that will bring in booku bucks in true profits not just headline numbers. Most of the films slated for this year are not expected to do that so why throw good money at the bad money just wait and work on making next year better. This year is showing billions in losses either way.

Some merchandise for Keaton's Batman has hit the shelves in time for Halloween. Smart to keep the packaging strictly '89 inspired, despite this clearly being The Flash suit.

The reports about Miller's behavior and actions over the last several months were disturbing enough, but this kinda breaks the camel's back for me.
While the actor is said to not have minded the stream of bad headlines, they were spooked by the notion of the film getting canceled and jolted to take action.
They were more bothered by their movie being cancelled than they were about the reports of their behavior. No denial of said behavior. Honestly, this whole thing feels even grosser now. I may skip this movie altogether.

The reports about Miller's behavior and actions over the last several months were disturbing enough, but this kinda breaks the camel's back for me.

They were more bothered by their movie being cancelled than they were about the reports of their behavior. No denial of said behavior. Honestly, this whole thing feels even grosser now. I may skip this movie altogether.
I have to admit, never did I imagine that I'd hesitate this much about actually paying to see Keaton's Batman return on the big screen.

Well, just to plays devils advocate, it may not have been so much they cared about the movie so much as they being responsible for ruining this thing that their fellow cast mates, crew and director worked on. Operating on the assumption that Ezra has decency in them they may have just not wanted to ruin it for everyone.

Like, maybe one day Kiersey Clemons called them and was like “dude! Wtf are you doing? Do you not realize that our movie could get cancelled?!” and Ezra started to realize that their actions are putting everyones work in serious jeopardy. I feel Ezra doesnt really care about their own career at this point. Just throwing it my two cents. Who really knows at the end of the day what theyre thinking.

Last edited:
I find it best to ignore what they say...

so they will stop judging and accept ? no matter what he does, hooray for him cause he's a great Flash ? it's all good. no matter how many kids he kidnaps, how many girls he hits because the only thing that matters is that it's his favorite character to play and that the movie is finally released ? they will just do, what, an inventory and do like nothing happened so the movie will be a huge success ? what a sick joke !

People are mainly looking forward to Keatons return. Even the director, WB are all fans of Keatons Batman. Yeah Batgirl got cancelled with his Batman in it but it was for the right reasons...by the looks of it hopefully restoring Cavill and Affleck. The Flash movie is Keaton massive return. WB knows how much Keaton is to Batman and comic fans around the world. No matter how toxic Miller gets. Batman is the main draw of this film. Not Miller. Thats sad to say for The Flash big screen solo film but it's true. WB big money making Superhero is Batman. My hope is to have Keaton as a one off in this then Affleck back full time. It was awesome that Keaton was looking to have 3 new appearances but we need more films with Affleck back full time. Maybe he loves working with the JL actors yeah Snyder isn't around anymore but still keep his Justice League cast too. No need to scrap everything. Every new film has the chance to do well and go somewhere new. Maybe Affleck is happy now with Batman. I love Keaton and can't freaking wait to see a gray haired Keaton Bruce Wayne and his old man Batman. I want to see a cave with trophies from early films or battles. Finally get to see where his Batman ends up. Took 30 years but hey I'm still young. I don't mind Millers Flash but I don't see him sticking around too long. Hey I didn't think Affleck would be back let alone freaking Keaton or see the bloody mythic non existing Snyder Justice League 4 hour cut. Anything is possible.

Just hope this movie leads to a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton. Maybe even bring back Tim Burton to direct. This is something many fans have wanted since WB gave Burton the boot after Batman Returns. Give us our Burton/Keaton trilogy

Just hope this movie leads to a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton. Maybe even bring back Tim Burton to direct. This is something many fans have wanted since WB gave Burton the boot after Batman Returns. Give us our Burton/Keaton trilogy
Wow…so fans have totally wanted a Keaton Batman Beyond movie since Burton left the Batman franchise years before Batman Beyond even existed. I didn’t know that! :o

so they will stop judging and accept ? no matter what he does, hooray for him cause he's a great Flash ? it's all good. no matter how many kids he kidnaps, how many girls he hits because the only thing that matters is that it's his favorite character to play and that the movie is finally released ? they will just do, what, an inventory and do like nothing happened so the movie will be a huge success ? what a sick joke !
People are mainly looking forward to Keatons return. Even the director, WB are all fans of Keatons Batman. Yeah Batgirl got cancelled with his Batman in it but it was for the right reasons...by the looks of it hopefully restoring Cavill and Affleck. The Flash movie is Keaton massive return. WB knows how much Keaton is to Batman and comic fans around the world. No matter how toxic Miller gets. Batman is the main draw of this film. Not Miller. Thats sad to say for The Flash big screen solo film but it's true. WB big money making Superhero is Batman. My hope is to have Keaton as a one off in this then Affleck back full time. It was awesome that Keaton was looking to have 3 new appearances but we need more films with Affleck back full time. Maybe he loves working with the JL actors yeah Snyder isn't around anymore but still keep his Justice League cast too. No need to scrap everything. Every new film has the chance to do well and go somewhere new. Maybe Affleck is happy now with Batman. I love Keaton and can't freaking wait to see a gray haired Keaton Bruce Wayne and his old man Batman. I want to see a cave with trophies from early films or battles. Finally get to see where his Batman ends up. Took 30 years but hey I'm still young. I don't mind Millers Flash but I don't see him sticking around too long. Hey I didn't think Affleck would be back let alone freaking Keaton or see the bloody mythic non existing Snyder Justice League 4 hour cut. Anything is possible.
Reminder that Ezra uses they/them pronouns.

'Paying-off alleged victims'/NDAs was always going to be a likely route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"