The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

So my stance still hasn't changed and I'm not going to watch this film even on streaming. I was going to give it a chance as it was going to reboot the DCEU and Keaton as Batman, but now I'm like what's the point? The Flash deserves better than Ezra Miller and Zaslav.

I said a while ago I'm skipping this one .

WB / DC is just constant non stop drama , even putting the Ezra situation aside.

The Nolan era was probably the most "peaceful" in terms of getting TDK trilogy casted, filmed, and in the can , drama free.

The" worse thing" they had to deal with was the recast of Rachel Dawes.

Yeah there was the Green Lantern disappointment ,and the JL Mortal project ,but those were speed bums compared to what the studio has dealt with over the past nine years with several of their projects.

The actor is now said to be working with producers on The Flash to shoot additional scenes.
What are the chances they're changing the ending (and recasting Ezra in the process)?

This whole thing is insane. They cancelled Batgirl over nothing... yet they're going through all this bull**** just to release a movie with this trainwreck lead actor.

It's insane. "Batgirl was so bad it would've damaged the IP". Well, I can't ****ing imagine what this movie is gonna do to The Flash property. ****ing bull****.

Ezra Miller Has ‘Illusions of Grandeur,’ Considers Themself ‘Jesus’ or ‘The Devil,’ New Allegations Claim

By the way, can I just say that it irritates me that with an article like this one, that details a lot of dark and disturbing allegations, 70% of the comments are outrage at Miller’s preferred pronouns??? What the heck, people???

I am with everyone who says that this movie really can’t go forward. But to be honest, that really ticks me off. I am heartbroken for the collateral damage that has happened here. To think back to this video:

And the earnest joy of Sasha Calle at being cast as Supergirl, which appears to have been a lifelong dream fulfillment. It really breaks my heart that because of these circumstances, it may never be seen.

It’s all really sad.

Ezra Miller Has ‘Illusions of Grandeur,’ Considers Themself ‘Jesus’ or ‘The Devil,’ New Allegations Claim

By the way, can I just say that it irritates me that with an article like this one, that details a lot of dark and disturbing allegations, 70% of the comments are outrage at Miller’s preferred pronouns??? What the heck, people???

I am with everyone who says that this movie really can’t go forward. But to be honest, that really ticks me off. I am heartbroken for the collateral damage that has happened here. To think back to this video:

And the earnest joy of Sasha Calle at being cast as Supergirl, which appears to have been a lifelong dream fulfillment. It really breaks my heart that because of these circumstances, it may never be seen.

It’s all really sad.

Yeah unless they do like a Batgirl v Supergirl movie with Leslie Grace and Sasha Calle as a fun dig at BvS?

I mean how can WB even promote this movie without covering up for this guy? These are seem seriously deep and disturbing allegations if true.

Last edited:
Yeah unless they do like a Batgirl v Supergirl movie with Leslie Grace and Sasha Calle as a fun dig at BvS?

I suspect it's only a matter of time, depending on their WB contracts, before Disney snatches them both up and put them in one of their many IPs.

I'm sure Disney/ Marvel will make them feel welcome, when the time allows it.

Leslie-Grace.jpg

Sasha-Calle-Supergirl.jpg

I mean how can WB even promote this movie without covering up for this guy? These are seem seriously deep and disturbing allegations if true.

Well, WB thinks that Ezra will bare all, do some more Mea Culpas, have a redemption arc, and that they'll be forgiven enough that WB can release the film without too much backlash.

WB also thinks that the film being a year away means that people will either forget, won't know, or won't care about the allegations, and they'll go to see the film.

That's their calculation at least.

I strongly disagree with that .

WB wants them to do a tell all, and have a redemption story , because they do fear how that Ezra's allegations will effect the film with the GA, and the press.

However, I think their allegations probably have less sway with alot of people in fandom.

I don't think WB is worried so much about the geek community not seeing the film because of Ezra's allegations.

They probably feel that the DC fans will turn out for the film regardless.

Last edited:
Well, WB thinks that Ezra will bare all, do some more Mea Culpas, have a redemption arc, and that they'll be forgiven enough that WB can release the film without too much backlash.

WB also thinks that the film being a year away means that people will either forget, won't know, or won't care about the allegations, and they'll go to see the film.

That's their calculation at least.

Its funny you say that because even now just watching these stories every month come out this entire situation still hasn't seem to catch national traction with coverage. But yet ben affleck snoring on a yacht goes viral

Its funny you say that because even now just watching these stories every month come out this entire situation still hasn't seem to catch national traction with coverage.

It's caught traction with some major print media outlets , so it's not as if the stories are only being run on fan websites.

But no, it's not a headlining the evening news.

The film isn't coming out for another year anyway ,so it's not as if WBD is promoting the film right now.

At this point, the geek community is the most knowledgeable, and invested in whether or not a Flash film should or should not be released, in addition to Ezra's issues.

That said, that's not gonna stop the press from reporting on Ezra , given that the film is a such a major investment for WBD, and the film has alot riding on it from WBD's perspective.

I honestly think that in a year's time none of this will mean anything to the majority of the GA.
I'm not so sure. Public opinion of Ezra Miller isn't particularly good and people generally don't turn up for movies starring actors they don't like.

If other movies like Green Lantern and Justice League can underperform then The Flash certainly can. Negative press and word of mouth around Trank's Fantastic Four lead to that film bombing.

There is no doubt it will underperform...but it likely would have anyways. We will never truly know the impact. Honestly though I don't even think much of the Geek Community cares as much as you might expect. I have seen way more discussion of worthless things like Black Mermaids or POC in Tolkien...which just boggles my mind. Honestly the only discussion I see of it is around here and the only people who I have seen (besides some bots with bad translation programs) that are going to boycott it are around here.

I have theories to why, but they are highly cynical...

Note: I find it rather ridiculous this isn't a bigger story even with Ezra not being a real household name. It tells me that people's priorities are way out of whack. I say that as someone who is still planning to see the film despite its moronic star.

The Geek community cares ( meaning they follow the story and discuss it) more than the average person off the street and the Ezra drama has certainly been a big point of discussion in the geek pundit class.

Of course there are the bigots and the racists in fandom who endlessly complain about casting.
That always happens, and it's nothing new .

As a Black geek, I've seen that for a while now, and that type of complaining goes far beyond geek culture anyway.

The Flash story has also been a big point of discussion in fandom in recent months , though not as much in recent weeks since things went radio silent after Ezra's statement.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. Public opinion of Ezra Miller isn't particularly good and people generally don't turn up for movies starring actors they don't like.
There are actors in the movie that people do like, and I don't think Miller's antics have registered much on the general audience's radar. As has been said, pretty much all discussion around it seems to on sites like this one, and Reddit. The movie may do well, it may not; but as things stand I don't see Miller's story itself (bar anything further) sinking it at the B.O. We'll see (I hope).

The Geek community cares ( meaning they follow the story and discuss it) more than the average person off the street and the Ezra drama has certainly been a big point of discussion in the geek pundit class.

Of course there are the bigots and the racists in fandom who endlessly complain about casting.
That always happens, and it's nothing new .

As a Black geek, I've seen that for a while now, and that type of complaining goes far beyond geek culture anyway.

The Flash story has also been a big point of discussion in fandom in recent months , though not as much in recent weeks since things went radio silent after Ezra's statement.

Not on Facebook or Twitter...even if I localize it to entertainment news. Something bigger always trumps it...

Honestly more people care about the Batgirl cancelation (don't get me started on how no one outside of us cared about that film until it got canceled) than Ezra. It's nuts...

Our community reminds me of sports fandom way to much these days.

I agree. I'm just guessing here, but I imagine 80 or even 90% of the public probably do not even know about Ezra's recent antics.

If it bombs, it will ( most likely ) be because it was just a bad film, and not so much because of his antics.

Last edited:
It's true that a year from now, a lot of people won't have heard about Miller's recent scandals, especially with the money being handed out left and right.
But it seems that the actor is not only having a nervous breakdown but apparently could have real mental problems. I think it's quite a safe bet to assume the lead of the movie will be pretty much absent from the promotion campaign and that unusual detail will 100% lead all the tabloids to reopen what happened a year before. There is no way this film will be released without a word about Miller's pathetic odyssey.
If people haven't heard about it yet, they will when the spotlight will be on the movie.

Last edited:
Not on Facebook or Twitter...even if I localize it to entertainment news. Something bigger always trumps it...

Honestly more people care about the Batgirl cancelation (don't get me started on how no one outside of us cared about that film until it got canceled) than Ezra. It's nuts...

Our community reminds me of sports fandom way to much these days.

We can always say " more people care about this than that", with anything.
My point isn't that people care more about The Flash than topic A or B.

My point is, that it's not as if the Ezra story hasn't been a big story in fandom and geek pundit discussions , meaning in podcasts, youtube and messageboards in fandom.

I just don't buy the idea that fandom isn't or hasn't been that interested in the drama with Ezra surrounding the Flash ,since we know that's not the case.

It's been a topic of interest in fandom, though it receded until the VF article again.

As for Batgirl, I cared about it before it was cancelled ,though alot of other DC fans didn't .
But that's a different issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"