The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Even though I never support men who abuse women, Keaton coming back as Batman is some much needed positive news. Best news I have heard in a long, long time.

I’m still thinking maybe that it’s too early for the multiverse. You’d think they’d want to concrete in their own foundation first.

The article says that it’s following Batman post Returns. So it’s definitely Keaton’s Batman. Besides, Keaton wouldn’t return to play somebody’s else’s Batman, that makes zero sense.

Exactly it’s very clear he is not replacing Ben. I mean that’s easy to just use common sense and assume anyway before even reading the article. Very obvious.

That being said, if Keaton is Batman, I hope this means we’re getting a Batman Beyond movie.

I’d love it, but the fact that he’ll already presumably be the mentor to Flash, another 20-something year old guy grieving the loss of a parent and maybe also be a mentor in a Batgirl movie, makes me question if they’ll cover that same ground a third time with Keaton if/when this all happens.

Exactly it’s very clear he is not replacing Ben. I mean that’s easy to just use common sense and assume anyway before even reading the article. Very obvious.
How is it obvious? Do enlighten me.

Affleck is out, he might be back for JL reshoots, but I can’t see him returning to the part for a sequel.

Next we hear that Keaton is in talks to reprise his role as Batman, and that Barry is going to inadvertently change the timeline. It’s actually quite logical to assume he’s taking over. Someone’s gotta’, cause it isn’t going to be Affleck.

Whoa! Okay, that got me pretty excited, but I still wish Ezra wasn't in the role of Barry

Yeah, if we got a new actor in the role, I wouldn't complain at all.

That said... I'm ready to see Keaton come back. This is huge news.

I wonder if they would try to get Pfeiffer back as Catwoman, considering that the last time we heard anything of Keaton's Batman, he was married to her.

9bc6e67cf67b3b45-600x338.png

I like 50% of this rumor, keaton back is that 50%.
The idea that this might be something like the DC version of Tony and Peter...im not liking.
But we will see how this all turns out, such rumors can fast turn into fake.

But honestly would love to see keaton and burton back for a final third movie in "their" universe.

So the rumours about casting a new Iris West is not a recast, it's the Iris West of another universe.

So...did not expect that. Incredible news, if true. Seems like it may be, as apparently Michael Usland confirmed it.

Keaton as the straight man to Ezra's Flash has some major comedic potential.

I think it's possible there's a Thomas Wayne component to this, too. After all, it's Flashpoint. Michael Keaton VS Jeffrey Dean Morgan?

They can pretty much do anything now, and I doubt they're introducing the multiverse just to use it in one film.

Dean Cain as Superman, please.

This is insane. He could go on to just "replace" Affleck's version of the character moving forward, still with an elder Batman mentoring other heroes, or it may just be a cameo or something. Or maybe the plan was always to have an Iron Man/Spider-Man dynamic between the two characters, and spin that into Batman mentoring others, which is a great angle, regardless of its similarities with the MCU approach. BATMAN BEYOND and all that.

Pretty much makes Danny Elfman a lock, doesn't it? He's kind of cornered the market on Batman and The Flash of late.

I wonder if they would try to get Pfeiffer back as Catwoman, considering that the last time we heard anything of Keaton's Batman, he was married to her.

9bc6e67cf67b3b45-600x338.png
I’ll be pissed if they don’t try at this point. Too amazing an opportunity to pass up.

There's no way they won't try. There's no way we won't see Furst's Batmobile if this is happening.

I'd have never thought that they'd use Flashpoint to replace Ben Affleck's Batman with Keaton's but here we are.

Honestly, with how messy and odd the DCEU is and easily standing in the shadows of the MCU... this would be their only “saving grace” or comparable notion at this point. They were already years behind, and forcing the JL was clearly wrong.

Maybe this is exactly what they need to bring in fan service, clean up the non-Pattinson universe, and win over the general audience.

If Marvel can do time travel, why can’t DC (let alone, multiverse)? If normies could handle Spider-Verse, they should be able to handle this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"