The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is not a terrible movie. I understand people who think it's mediocre.

But it is terrible.

10589610.gif

But it is terrible.
10589610.gif
If it was, I would've made 500 jokes worth of commentary. You should read my latest commentary on bad movies such as Schumacher's Batman and Alien Resurrection (I didn't complete this one).

Where can we find your commentary on Alien Resurrection?

And do you plan on doing one for Alien Covenant? :sly:

But it is terrible.

10589610.gif

Even though I completely disagree with you, I think there is a more objectively terrible movie out there though: Furious 8, or whatever that new long-ass title was.

I haven't seen a movie that bad and that cringeworthy since, well, ever.

Watch Catwoman or The Room.

Haha I have seen Catwoman and atleast I can laugh at it. Here, I had to sit through Vin Diesel trying to emote and talking about his "family" after every 2 seconds. :whatever:

I enjoy Catwoman for its sheer absurdity... and Berry is clearly giving it her all.

Watch Catwoman or The Room.

The Room is amazing though (for all of the wrong reasons, but my point still stands). :funny:

It's especially a blast to watch with someone who has not seen it before.

Where can we find your commentary on Alien Resurrection?

And do you plan on doing one for Alien Covenant? :sly:
I started one of the 'Lounge of Justice' threads with that, didn't complete cause back then I didn't want to talk to myself through the whole commentary.

I'll watch Alien Covenant after I finally watch Prometheus, whenever that happens.

Even though I completely disagree with you, I think there is a more objectively terrible movie out there though

In nowhere in my posts did I say it was the worst ever made (though, I'd say it's on equal ground with the DCEU movies for being abominations.)

Even though I completely disagree with you, I think there is a more objectively terrible movie out there though: Furious 8, or whatever that new long-ass title was.

I haven't seen a movie that bad and that cringeworthy since, well, ever.

I can't speak to F&F's particular quality since I've never seen any of that series, but I have a hard time believing that any blockbuster could sink to the depths of some B cinema. Check out Vampire Assassin, Manos: Hands of Fate, Bad Taste, or any of the Troma films. They make Batman & Robin look like high art.

I enjoy Catwoman for its sheer absurdity... and Berry is clearly giving it her all.

I'll take that over Lego Batdouche any day of the week. It's a complete mess, but Berry slinking around and doing other cat movements is pretty hilarious.

The Room is amazing though (for all of the wrong reasons, but my point still stands). :funny:

It's especially a blast to watch with someone who has not seen it before.

I've never heard of that until just now. I looked it up, and color me intrigued. Something with that kind of reputation must be seen at least once.

In nowhere in my posts did I say it was the worst ever made (though, I'd say it's on equal ground with the DCEU movies for being abominations.)

My post was less a direct response to you and more of a need to unload after I had wasted two hours of my life on that awful movie. :yay:

I can't speak to F&F's particular quality since I've never seen any of that series, but I have a hard time believing that any blockbuster could sink to the depths of some B cinema. Check out Vampire Assassin, Manos: Hands of Fate, Bad Taste, or any of the Troma films. They make Batman & Robin look like high art.

tumblr_n6r61hGQS81rj540wo7_r2_250.gif

I realize you don't care and I'm not going to change your posting habits, but I really agree with a lot of what you post; I just can't stand the antagonistic way you post stuff. You go out of your way to incite people who like something you don't just to troll. It's irritating and petty.

I realize you don't care and I'm not going to change your posting habits, but I really agree with a lot of what you post; I just can't stand the antagonistic way you post stuff. You go out of your way to incite people who like something you don't just to troll. It's irritating and petty.

tumblr_n0whi3XkET1s9px0ao1_250.gif

I am really glad this series got axed. It made me embarrassed to be a Spider-Man fan. Long live Maguire and Holland. Andrew is a great actor but this series was done in almost every wrong way possible. I called it from the announcement that it would be a train wreck. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the grand explosion.

I am really glad this series got axed. It made me embarrassed to be a Spider-Man fan. Long live Maguire and Holland. Andrew is a great actor but this series was done in almost every wrong way possible. I called it from the announcement that it would be a train wreck. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the grand explosion.
Why did you think it would be a trainwreck before you knew anything about it?

Nah. Seeing that Tony is a supporting character in the greater MCU, and as a mentor, which was basically foreshadowed in a proceeding movie, and changing the name of a minor character and declaring the movie an abomination, is nowhere near as awful as having Urkel 2.0 as the face of the main baddie in your movie, in addition to coming hot off the heels of a terrible reboot as a sign of caution.

I wouldn't say hypocritical at all.

Dumb on your part? Most certainly. Yes.

But certainly not hypocritical. :D

It is, though. You hated TASM2 from jump because of Foxx's Urkel-esque Dork look as Max. But he was suppose to look ridiculous. His characterization is what made him terrible imo. But that's even more crazy then me being skeptical of HC because of Stark's big role in the story (not because he's a mentor) & Ganke.

TASM wasn't a bad movie, though... Everybody was hyped for the sequel because of the promise the first one showed. It got mostly positive reception from critics & the GA. Everything was looking good in the beginning.

Electro looked like:
giphy+(1).gif

tumblr_n4ea0xRxsF1tu8br5o8_250.gif

Which was awesome. But again, his characterization... Yikes.

Last edited:
Awful. Just awful. Dr. Manhattan 2.0. I wasn't hyped at all for TASM2, as TASM1 reeked of desperation to keep the rights, in addition to the butchering of the character. Also, I don't remember everyone loving it, not at all. It was quite divisive, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"