The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 87

If you've seen Collateral (The movie with Tom Cruise as a hitman) I think Jamie Foxx's character in that movie-- ironically named Max, is what Max Dillion should have been like in TASM2. A normal guy who always gets the short end of the stick. Mix in some elements from Dane Dehaan's character in Chronicle, dude who is anti-social & hates the world so when he gets the power he lashes out in rage. No cheesy one-liners or "You lied to me!". Electro could have been way scarier that way & more compelling.

The problem with Dillion was that he was unrelatable because of how unhinged & cartoony he was, even before he turned into Electro. He needed to be more normal for ppl to invest in his character. Electro was straight out of the Batman tv show from the 60s. He should have been wayyy more serious.

Yeah.

I get they were trying to convey Max Dillon as a nut (as in an obsessed fanboy with severe delusions), but I would've preferred something closer to Jamie's role in Collateral (such a good film) for sure. Electro would've easily benefited from being more serious then what we got.

Also, I think the 60s show comparison is a little much. :funny: Aleksei/R.H.I.N.O. fit that more.

Raimi's cheese (and yes, it did exist. It was prominent.) was intentional and well-executed. I'm not sure it was really intentional in some spots in TASM2.

As for re-watchability, I've only seen TASM2 a handful of times and TASM ~10. I've seen the Raimi Trilogy a dozen times each, easily. They're just better movies, even though some of the characters and romantic subplots in the TASM-verse land better with the audience.

If you've seen Collateral (The movie with Tom Cruise as a hitman) I think Jamie Foxx's character in that movie-- ironically named Max, is what Max Dillion should have been like in TASM2. A normal guy who always gets the short end of the stick. Mix in some elements from Dane Dehaan's character in Chronicle, dude who is anti-social & hates the world so when he gets the power he lashes out in rage. No cheesy one-liners or "You lied to me!". Electro could have been way scarier that way & more compelling.

The problem with Dillion was that he was unrelatable because of how unhinged & cartoony he was, even before he turned into Electro. He needed to be more normal for ppl to invest in his character. Electro was straight out of the Batman tv show from the 60s. He should have been wayyy more serious.
Interesting ideas, they had the potential to make a decent movie surprisingly better.

Something I've got to say-the DVD back cover saying, below the special features description, "Get the Blu-Ray for more deleted scenes!" is one of the tackiest things I've seen.

Something I've got to say-the DVD back cover saying, below the special features description, "Get the Blu-Ray for more deleted scenes!" is one of the tackiest things I've seen.

I have the same one and yeah, what a BS way to market. Someone literally paid your company money for that DVD and that's how you choose to thank them? Bastards.

Raimi's cheese (and yes, it did exist. It was prominent.) was intentional and well-executed.

The Raimi movies were incredibly cheesy, but then raimi seems to have alot of cheese in all his movies even though i don't think its always intentional.

Just look at the first evil dead movie that was made to be a straight up horror movie but people found it more funny to raimis surprise.

Spider-Man 2 is what people consider the really great Spider-Man film because it took the cheesy, whimsical nature of the first film and added it in carefully with a compelling story with memorable characters.

Spider-Man 3 just didn't know what it wanted to be and it shows.

In my opinion Spider-man 3 is basically just an honest version of spider-man 2, its when it stopped pretending.

Rain drops montage to Peter street dance, basically same thing, peter looked like an idiot in both.

Its easy to not see that mary jane was abit of a horrible person in SM2 because you there is so much build up to whether mary and peter will get together... and then you get spider-man 3 where they don't even hide that she is a horrible person.

Last edited:
In my opinion Spider-man 3 is basically just an honest version of spider-man 2, its when it stopped pretending.

Rain drops montage to Peter street dance, basically same thing, peter looked like an idiot in both.

Its easy to not see that mary jane was abit of a horrible person in SM2 because you there is so much build up to whether mary and peter will get together... and then you get spider-man 3 where they don't even hide that she is a horrible person.

I definitely agree that Mary Jane was horrible. SM2 for being such a (bad word) in regards to Peter and also to John Jameson. SM3 just amplified that and made me wish she was killed off. :argh:

in my oporion too many people let rami off the hook for spider-man 3.yes he didn't want to do venom but here i will stick up for arad.venom is popular villain.arad wasn't crazy to think in conculsion of trilogy he should be used.plenty of stuff in 3 is rami's fault.now as much as i love amazing spider-man i still say sony should have allowed rami to do spider-man 4.i take unpopular oprion that amazing spider-man 2 works better than spider-man 3.

Only a week left since the ASM movies re-release on BluRay. Based on the SM3's alternate cut that's being released alongside the Raimi collection, I am cautiously optimistic we may get to see some of the scenes that were cut from this movie. Hopefully, that turns out to be true.

Is anybody on here going to pre-order/buy the re-release?

Only a week left since the ASM movies re-release on BluRay. Based on the SM3's alternate cut that's being released alongside the Raimi collection, I am cautiously optimistic we may get to see some of the scenes that were cut from this movie. Hopefully, that turns out to be true.

Is anybody on here going to pre-order/buy the re-release?

I'll only be buying the re-release if we get more of a complete cut of either TASM or TASM2.

I don't think Sony will put anymore money into these Dvds then they have too

I'll only be buying the re-release if we get more of a complete cut of either TASM or TASM2.

At this point, if they even edit in any unfinished footage into those two movies just so we can see how they were originally intended to be made, I would be down.

Wouldn't get my hopes up, it's still Sony.

I'd do about anything to see the rumored, alternate Goblin fight from the end of TASM2.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

giphy.gif

People have started releasing unboxing videos of the origins collection. Hopefully someone does it for the evolution collection too. It does not predictably seem to be as talked about as the origins one.

After seeing all the promotional stuff for the new movie, I am happier than I ever was that I'm a fan of this duology, and that I saw these two movies doing a full Spidey marathon instead of just sticking to the previous trilogy.

Did anybody buy the Legacy collection or the ASM collection? If you did, are there any new deleted scenes for the ASM movies (maybe on the bonus disc)?

Come to think of it, Garfield played Pino in this poor excuse for a movie didn't he? Peter Parker in name only. What sorta Parker acts like a jock on his graduation ceremony? What sorta Parker proudly claims promises are to be broken? What sorta Parker wants leave Queens for the Queen?

PINO that's who. LINO, EINO, and GINO sucked too.

Peter kissing Gwen at graduation is when I went "yep, they're not even trying to make him Peter Parker."

I know, right? Never a jock, and never wanted to be with his girlfriend in England.

Oh wait.

Well, at least we can agree that in highschool he didn't have a girlfriend to kiss on stage during graduation, and he didn't live long enough to turn 17 in the Ultimate world where he had at least one girlfriend in highschool.

I know, right? Never a jock, and never wanted to be with his girlfriend in England.

Oh wait.

Well, at least we can agree that in highschool he didn't have a girlfriend to kiss on stage during graduation, and he didn't live long enough to turn 17 in the Ultimate world where he had at least one girlfriend in highschool.

boosh.gif

What about breaking promises to dead fathers after skipping out on his funeral? Is that in any Spider-man comics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"