The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

So, what do you guys think of the plot synopsis on the front page?

It's nothing we don't know already. Literally a completely transparent synopsis: Peter's busy, loves Gwen and didn't listen to her father (duh), Harry Osborn's around now, new villain in town.

However, the order of the cast listing makes it seem as if Giamatti's Rhino might be just one of the "bad guys" Spidey's been rounding up. Or not.

Its funny, but it seems like a while back, people were hoping for a simple title like "TASM2," saying how "Spectacular Spider-Man" would be terrible. We find out its called TASM2, and suddenly the name is being bashed.

I agree, people just don't know what they want.

I liked more "Spectacular Spider-Man", rather than "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". My hopes of the series being Amazing, Spectacular and Ultimate are vanishing, but at least we're not getting any stupid subtitles as "The Amazing Spider-Man: Enter Electro" or something like that.

Anyway, I wouldn't be 100% sure about the title, maybe the title used in the press release is an abridged way to express "the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man" to Sony.

Folks....if you want to discuss Batman....there is a Batman forum....this happens to be the Spider-Man forum.....

I thought I had said that...

I don't get why the name is a big deal. I thought (and still think) "The Dark Knight Rises" is a terrible name for a movie...* but in the end its the quality of the movie that is important, not the name. Same with "The Avengers Assemble" and half the titles of the Star Wars movies for that matter.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 seems like an okay title. Hopefully it will be a great movie.

*not mentioning this to open discussion of this title here. It is just an example.

Last edited:
Hey Guys do we know if it is going to be filmed in IMAX at all??

Day 3.

BCdhlz4CcAAwnAM.jpg:large

LFfHSH5.jpg

teehee

symbiote? did they cast Eddie Brock? maybe that´s the plane sequence they reveal Brock´s parents were there too

You know, maybe Oscorp Tower should just blow up and have tons of potential villains storming out. Kinda like the containment unit blowing up in Ghostbusters and releasing all the ghosts. :o

Can't even have a little bit of fun, Christ.

Yeah, it's a morgue locker thing.

Look at the white squares, they're identical.

5438143192_75de5d99d7_z.jpg

It may possibly be the Venom suit in the locker, but I don't think Eddie will be in this film. Next film possibly? Or to set up the Venom spinoff they keep throwing around?

I don't know if we're reading too much into this but Green Goblin first appeared in TASM #14, Webb also used hashtag #happybirthday and today is Dane DeHaan's bday...

It may possibly be the Venom suit in the locker, but I don't think Eddie will be in this film. Next film possibly? Or to set up the Venom spinoff they keep throwing around?

I think they should at least mention his name at some point if Venom is in the third film.

I don't know if I want Venom to be like the Ultimate version, mostly cause I'm not the biggest fan of it. And since we already had Ultimate universe Eddie Brock in SM3, I think we need another version. Like SSM Eddie, that'd be cool.

lol it's not the suit or anything, people. It really is a morgue drawer.

morgue.jpg

See?

White square in the middle, handle on the left.

Considering we're getting an Osborn in this, it might hold his 'demise'.

Maybe that's where Gwen will be held? If Green Goblin first appeared in ASM#14, maybe this is hinting that he will make an appearance and kill her?

On another note...
Even if Harry is "replacing" Eddie Brock, chances are we wouldn't see Venom until a spin-off film or perhaps after the Green Goblin story is told. At most, we'd probably get an introduction to the symbiote, or some kind of tease.

I hope they don't copy that ultimate spiderman cartoon and make harry venom...

Maybe that's where Gwen will be held? If Green Goblin first appeared in ASM#14, maybe this is hinting that he will make an appearance and kill her?

IF Gwen dies in the sequel, I don't want to see her in the morgue. GG kills her, Spidey fights GG, then a funeral scene. No need to see her dead body in the morgue.

How else is Miles Warren supposed to get her DNA?

In the tweet about the picture, Emma said she just died!! Then she said still dying!! Then she said y'all can attend my funeral!!
It's confirmed! Gwen dies in TASM 2!

Last edited:
In the tweet about the picture, Emma said she just died!! Then she said still dying!! Then she said y'all can attend my funeral!!
It's confirmed! Gwen dies in TASM 2!

That's not her official Twitter account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"