The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that time = quality, eh guys?

[blackout]Not that this rumor has any truth to it, at all.[/blackout]
91 minutes does not give a lot time to give good character development and a good story.

91 minutes does not give a lot time to give good character development and a good story.

There's no way to fit anything that this movie is striving for in 91 minutes. You can't do an origin and the Lizard in 91 minutes without things smacking you in the face every second, nevermind Gwen, her Dad, Dr. Ratha, and Peter's parents.

I personally don't believe this information is correct. 90 minutes is too short for a film like this. Considering all the other information is incorrect, I think I will wait before I believe anything.

If this is the case, it definitely has me concerned.

BTW, Hey everyone ! I am new and have been following this forum for a while now, so I thought now would be a good time to get involved !

Girl please
70vqjb.gif

Why must you torture us? :oldrazz:

Awesome new images! But if this film is really 90 minutes, it'll be so hard to digest that fact that 500 days of summer was a longer movie.

Well, here's some potentially disappointing news. The AMC Theaters website as revealed what the running time for the film:

1 hour and 31 minutes.

Considering how most potential blockbuster superhero films clock in around at 2 hours--including the original Spider-Man film--I wonder if some fans could be potentially feel short-changed by this--especially since you know that the 4 to 5 minutes of the film will have to be devoted to the closing credits, meaning the actual run time is not even an hour and a half long. :csad:

I've discovered some new info from that link!
MPAA Rating:NR
Length:1 hr 31 min
Genre:Action Director:Marc Webb, Sam Raimi
Cast:Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, Emma Stone, Kirsten Dunst
Release Date:July 3, 2012 Synopsis: Fourth film in the Spider-Man franchiseI guess it's a crossover movie.

I've discovered some new info from that link!
MPAA Rating:NR
Length:1 hr 31 min
Genre:Action Director:Marc Webb, Sam Raimi
Cast:Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, Emma Stone, Kirsten Dunst
Release Date:July 3, 2012 Synopsis: Fourth film in the Spider-Man franchiseI guess it's a crossover movie.

Yes, there IS room for doubt as to whether or not this is the actual running time of the film. If it's not, then no big deal. But if it is, then it may be a potential cause for concern.

Yes, there IS room for doubt as to whether or not this is the actual running time of the film. If it's not, then no big deal. But if it is, then it may be a potential cause for concern.

There's a ****-load of room for doubt. Considering they seem to think Tobey Maguire and co are in this movie.

Anyways:

http://collider.com/marc-webb-amazing-spider-man-interview/153084/

"Just a few hours ago I sat down with The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb for an extended interview at WonderCon in Anaheim. During the wide ranging conversation we talked about editing the movie, deleted scenes, the music, what he learned from screening the movie, the running time, and a lot more. Here’s a few of the things I learned":

• If anyone remembers Donald Glover’s Twitter campaign to play Spider-Man, Webb said Andrew Garfield put a Donald Glover picture in Peter Parker’s bedroom!
  • The movie will probably be around two-hours long.
  • When asked about Easter Eggs, Webb said “there are moments, there are distant mountains as J.R.R. Tolkien says that refer to…that are little winks and we’ll see if the audience likes it enough maybe they’ll get another movie.”
  • Webb learned after the first screening for friends and family that people really liked that the movie was funny, so they made sure to enhance it.
  • Regarding his use of 3D, Webb says some things were created to pop out of the screen, but his main goal was to enhance the sensations of velocity, volume, and vertigo with 3D.
  • Webb wanted to use a lot of practical effects to create a world that felt more grounded and realistic.
  • Says he already has a few deleted scenes that are fun but just don’t belong in the movie for various reasons.
  • Webb reveals that he just heard James Horner’s first cue for the film and he calls it “spectacular.” I also tried to find out what songs would be in the movie and if he went after any bands, but Webb just smiled and wouldn’t answer.

His handcuffs look a little funky in that image.

There's a ****-load of room for doubt. Considering they seem to think Tobey Maguire and co are in this movie.

Anyways:

"Just a few hours ago I sat down with The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb for an extended interview at WonderCon in Anaheim. During the wide ranging conversation we talked about editing the movie, deleted scenes, the music, what he learned from screening the movie, the running time, and a lot more. Here’s a few of the things I learned":

• If anyone remembers Donald Glover’s Twitter campaign to play Spider-Man, Webb said Andrew Garfield put a Donald Glover picture in Peter Parker’s bedroom!
  • When asked about Easter Eggs, Webb said “there are moments, there are distant mountains as J.R.R. Tolkien says that refer to…that are little winks and we’ll see if the audience likes it enough maybe they’ll get another movie.”
  • Webb learned after the first screening for friends and family that people really liked that the movie was funny, so they made sure to enhance it.
  • Regarding his use of 3D, Webb says some things were created to pop out of the screen, but his main goal was to enhance the sensations of velocity, volume, and vertigo with 3D.
  • Webb wanted to use a lot of practical effects to create a world that felt more grounded and realistic.
  • Says he already has a few deleted scenes that are fun but just don’t belong in the movie for various reasons.
  • Webb reveals that he just heard James Horner’s first cue for the film and he calls it “spectacular.” I also tried to find out what songs would be in the movie and if he went after any bands, but Webb just smiled and wouldn’t answer.

I think you're wasting your time, Troy. No one will just wait and see, not to mention a theater finding out the runtime of a movie about 2 months away from it's release, especially when the film hasn't even been rated yet, just doesn't happen. But, it's the internet. Say something negative and it'll have a lasting ripple effect. The movie has to be classified and rated first before a runtime can even come out and according to anything Webb has said recently, he's still editing the VFX and he will keep editing the VFX until he has to turn the movie in. So I'd take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Anyways:

The date of that particular article/interview is dated March 17. It is now April 30. If what AMC is listing as the correct running time, then it's possible that upon showing another screening of the film to Sony execs as opposed to his friends that he was told to cut the film again. After all, the film doesn't get officially released until July 3, so it leaves time for any final editing that has to be made. All that being said, hopefully this information is incorrect and film does indeed have a 2 hour running time. After all, as has been pointed out quite a few times already, AMC also lists Maquire, Dunst, and Raimi, so one does have to take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I have my doubts that this is accurate, but if it is then this film is going to be a disaster.

After all, as been pointed out quite a few times already, since it lists Maquire, Dunst, and Raimi, one has to take what AMC is putting out with a grain of salt.

There we go.

It's not going to be less than 2 hours. Trust me. :funny:

wow, peter's face is pretty jacked up. Must be why he loses the mask.

The more I think about it, the happier I am that they picked the lizard for this first one. He can really challenge peter physically. On top of that fighting a giant lizard seems scary as hell. Hopefully they can make us feel as terrified as peter probably is chasing that thing through the dark sewers and whatnot.

Arrrgh need trailer! seriously, I'm a pretty patient guy, but when it comes to this movie, the wait is killing me.

wow, peter's face is pretty jacked up. Must be why he loses the mask.

The more I think about it, the happier I am that they picked the lizard for this first one. He can really challenge peter physically. On top of that fighting a giant lizard seems scary as hell. Hopefully they can make us feel as terrified as peter probably is chasing that thing through the dark sewers and whatnot.

Arrrgh need trailer! seriously, I'm a pretty patient guy, but when it comes to this movie, the wait is killing me.

Plus the physicality of a spider and a lizard fighting, can be very very raw and aggressive. looking forward to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"