The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, is there even a way for this movie to pull off Rhino without it either being controversial or a laughing stock?

Controversial? As to the fans? No way. Noooo way. No. Way. Look at the new suit. It's literally ripped straight from the comic and there are still those here that aren't pleased. It's going to happen.

Now, the laughing stock thing is easy. Do what Marvel Studios did with the Hulk and you'll be fine. The only real difference between them is color and Rhino has a horn.

Why would Rhino be a laughing stock? It would be cool on screen, just don't make him a big or serious villain, which obviously if he's in the movie he won't be considering he hasn't even filmed any scenes yet.

Totally agree with your first statement. Never seen that done in a spidey movie before, I don't think. Maybe they have special lenses for that. Maybe not.

Lol I remember the car thief paparazzi photos from '11. Man was I taken aback. The official photo looked great and I was worried but of course the final outcome was great.

It's common sense that you can't judge too much from paparazzi photos, it'll always be different. That's exactly what happened with the whole Shailene/MJ deal.
VenomSpawn's avatar actually illustrates a pretty good idea of a shot like that. I think it'd be ballin!

And yeah, I always give the paparazzi photos the benefit of the doubt. There's no denying that a lot of the images of the first suit on set looked really goofy, but the way it was shot is what made it stand out. What I'm so surprised of this time around are that these photos look nothing but amazing. Now imagine how it'll look properly photographed!

Why would Rhino be a laughing stock? It would be cool on screen, just don't make him a big or serious villain, which obviously if he's in the movie he won't be considering he hasn't even filmed any scenes yet.

If Rhino winds up looking goofy, which is a possibility.

Perhaps Rhino's a one-scene-wonder?
The focus seems to be on Max becoming Electro, plus we're adding Mary Jane, so there's probably going to be some love triangle going on too. And also Harry and presumably setting up the Green Goblin.
Rhino could just be there for a scene or two, or just serve as a plot device to help Max on his delusional "I'm Spidey's partner" crusade.
I'm beginning to doubt he's an actual villain for this movie.

I doubt he's only in one scene but it wouldn't surprise me if he's more of a villain introduced in the third-act to up the stakes and doesn't get much development.

I doubt he's only in one scene but it wouldn't surprise me if he's more of a villain introduced in the third-act to up the stakes and doesn't get much development.

I'm guessing he may be the villain from the start of the film till the middle of the film till electro takes over as villian

I'm thinking electro/max will be set up through out the film

But who knows

I'm guessing because the main villain is known to be electro so rhino if he is in this film won't be a final battle villain

If they did do rhino I could see he fight the him at start of movie and spidey gets his butt kicked and rhino escapes, later spidey is trying to track him down and another fight which spidey wins, maybe with max help if its true what was said by foxx

Last edited:
I'm guessing because the main villain is known to be electro so rhino if he is in this film won't be a final battle villain

If they did do rhino I could see he fight the him at start of movie and spidey gets his butt kicked and rhino escapes, later spidey is trying to track him down and another fight which spidey wins, maybe with max help if its true what was said by foxx

We can't trust nowadays with CBMs on who the main villain will be, even if it's said to be said person for months.

I hope that a trailer comes out by Thanksgiving.
I hope there are no script leaks. I wonder if any teachers at the Midtown High will be known actors.
I hope Electro isn't given a too-sappy backstory, like a sick daughter or something.

Last edited:
We can't trust nowadays with CBMs on who the main villain will be, even if it's said to be said person for months.

... i know this just another one of your pity parties tiffs against Iron Man yet again... :o

but if you want to be fair, and accurate.. than you're completely wrong. They stated SEVERAL times when production was begging that Mandarin wouldn't play a big part in the film, and they even decided to use him last minute once the script writing was initially finished. Just because they cast a "major villain" in comic lore doesn't mean it turns out to be, besides, Kingsley was only Mandarin in physical appearance, Killian was Mandrain in every other concept known to the character... so imo you get the best of both worlds. Would it of been great for them to have combined him into 1 solid single character? sure, but at least he still exists and was done in an interesting way.

you're acting like a child imo... and that comment had nothing to do with Spider-Man... in which... Electro and Rhino will never be a shocker to who's the main villain anyway... Green Goblin turning out to be a stooge however.. yeah, that would give you room to complain and make comments about... but seriously? There's bigger priorities to get your panties in a twist about with Rhino and Electro... both mere thugs with power. Neither are shaping up to be "great big bad" material anyway... and that makes me happy. They're no Ock, Venom, or Norman Osborne (or hobgoblin for that matter even)

Last edited:
I'll be honest, the Rhino is the one thing that worries me about this film. I just don't know how we're fitting him into all this. When we've got all these new characters being introcuced; Norman, Harry, MJ, Electro, where does he fit in to the picture? And when you've got a talent like Giamatti you definitely don't want to throw him on the sidelines and leave him as nothing but a giant brute with nothing to say. It makes me think that someone has to have a smaller role than they're letting on. At this point, I'm really wondering how much of a role Osborn plays in this movie.

If TDK taught us anything it's that 2 villains can work very well for a movie, but if SM3 taught us anything, 3 isn't a party. Between Electro, Rhino and Osborn, I'd rather just focus on Electro and Osborn. Basically, someone is going to suffer here and it makes me worry. I really don't want to see any missed opportunities in this one.

I don't know if anyone has said this but I think the Rhino or his suit is in that truck and someone is stealing it and the entire truck. Maybe he will put on the suit during the chase and break out of the truck and destroy all the cop cars.

Oh, and the fact there were three villains in SM3 wasn't the problem. The problem was that they attempted to make each villain to be the "main" villain. Sandman should of been a minor villain (like Scarecrow), Harry should of been the main villain, and Venom should have escaped at the end.

I'll be honest, the Rhino is the one thing that worries me about this film. I just don't know how we're fitting him into all this. When we've got all these new characters being introcuced; Norman, Harry, MJ, Electro, where does he fit in to the picture? And when you've got a talent like Giamatti you definitely don't want to throw him on the sidelines and leave him as nothing but a giant brute with nothing to say. It makes me think that someone has to have a smaller role than they're letting on. At this point, I'm really wondering how much of a role Osborn plays in this movie.

If TDK taught us anything it's that 2 villains can work very well for a movie, but if SM3 taught us anything, 3 isn't a party. Between Electro, Rhino and Osborn, I'd rather just focus on Electro and Osborn. Basically, someone is going to suffer here and it makes me worry. I really don't want to see any missed opportunities in this one.

I think rhino will already be set up as villian early on, but there is no point doing the villian team up thing, ESP after sm3

I think Osborn is as much a villain in this movie as Maroni was in TDK. I don't count.

Oh, and the fact there were three villains in SM3 wasn't the problem. The problem was that they attempted to make each villain to be the "main" villain. Sandman should of been a minor villain (like Scarecrow), Harry should of been the main villain, and Venom should have escaped at the end.
Good point. Trying to make them all a central focus definitely didn't work, but I still can't help but feel that all of them being in the same film in the first place was an immediate detractor.
I think rhino will already be set up as villian early on, but there is no point doing the villian team up thing, ESP after sm3
That could work, especially since we haven't seen that in a Spidey movie yet. But I think it could be difficult seeing as how there was no build up to him or hints to him from the previous movie, which with a character like Rhino I think would help. I wonder if it would be a little jarring to see a villain like him just pop up out of nowhere. I mean, it's obvious where he would be coming from, but I still think it would be a little odd.
I think Osborn is as much a villain in this movie as Maroni was in TDK. I don't count.
Could be. But that's the problem I think. Osborn is without a doubt Peter's greatest enemy and it just feels weird with him taking a backseat. If he was referenced a bunch in the first movie, and he's supposed to be in this one, then I'd really be disappointed if he didn't have a central role.

The fact that there are so many villains is indeed the problem. The symbiote made Spider-Man feel like a villain even, so that's four right there, and neither of the villains could have that Dr. Crane like presence because Raimi tried to make Sandman, Harry and Venom, or at least the symbiote, all important.

hey guys just saw the latest set videos. yet to catch up on the thread posts, but it looks like

a) they have ramped up the action for this one - all those police cars = :up:

b) rhino is not in this movie, at least not in any kind of significant capacity

They still have over two and a half months worth of scenes to shoot. :/

just a gut feeling man :p

seems like a perfect opportunity to have a rhino rampage scene instead of the armored car robbery.

then again, what if rhino IS IN the armored car?

:O :O :O

lol

Rhino is probably going to be a CGI character. What are the chances we don't really see them filming him cause it'll be added in later? They could be doing motion capture work or something similar in studio with Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"