The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, like in the animated series and some of the 90's Spidey comics, he wants to make everyone like him and then dominate the world!!! :awesome: Lol, I'm just kidding) Whatever it is, that Webb & his crew have up in their sleeves, I hope it's worth the risk)

The only idea I can get is that Lizard purposely turns the SWAT team to go after OsCorp, because I can't understand why he would make an army of lizards to just go after Spidey...I mean, won't Lizard be as strong, fast and agile as Spider-Man? My only guess is the whole "going after OsCorp/Norman Osborn" shtick. Plus, that may be the reason for us to see Osborn in the first place in this movie, as there isn't really any other reason since we won't see Harry.

Maybe like some after-credits scene of bodyguards telling Osborn what just happened with footage and BAM!, Norman sees Spidey, a very successful "guinea pig" unlike Lizard.

Hate to jump the gun on judging, but if this SWAT lizard thing is true, I will be a man with 100% confidence in this film to a man with 0% confidence. This idea of a swat teaming turning into lizards is so ridiculous it could possibly ruin the entire movie for me.

I've come to learn that one should wait until they see the movie before they "jump the gun" and call flags to the field.

Ledger's Joker, Hardy's Bane, Hathaway's Catwoman...they all received hate until we saw them, respectively in TDK and TDKR's trailers.

I won't be saying this will ruin the film until I see it, or at least learn more on why the SWAT team is turn and for what purpose.

I guess, that's the thing: you can like/dislike the idea of cops going through some green-skinned transformation, but what matters the most is how it is going to be unveiled and played in the movie.

I guess, that's the thing: you can like/dislike the idea of cops going through some green-skinned transformation, but what matters the most is how it is going to be unveiled and played in the movie.

Bingo.

And another crappy look at the lizard before the actual reveal...

No kidding.

It wasn't even Legos either it was freaking mega blocks. Ew.

I didn't even know there was such a thing called Mega Blocks.

with regards to the toby's voice in costume I didn't have a problem but what I did have a problem with is toby is essentially the same character in and out of costume. for instance the elevator scene in SM2, it's toby and he 'happens' to be dressed as spidey and delivers his lines as toby.

look at chris reeve as superman as clark and then as superman, TOTALLY different personality wise. there is one scene which is jaw dropping, he is about to reveal to lois he is superman, takes off his glasses and then it's like he grows three inches and puts on 20 pounds of muscle. incredible.

give spidey a personality, I don't care what that personaility is as long as it is different from peter parker. sometimes I think could we get away with actually casting a different actor to play spidey, an actor who has comic timing and can deliver quick fire wise cracks.

with regards to the toby's voice in costume I didn't have a problem but what I did have a problem with is toby is essentially the same character in and out of costume. for instance the elevator scene in SM2, it's toby and he 'happens' to be dressed as spidey and delivers his lines as toby.

look at chris reeve as superman as clark and then as superman, TOTALLY different personality wise. there is one scene which is jaw dropping, he is about to reveal to lois he is superman, takes off his glasses and then it's like he grows three inches and puts on 20 pounds of muscle. incredible.

give spidey a personality, I don't care what that personaility is as long as it is different from peter parker. sometimes I think could we get away with actually casting a different actor to play spidey, an actor who has comic timing and can deliver quick fire wise cracks.

Just like Bruce Wayne with his normal voice and Batman with his growl :funny:

The only idea I can get is that Lizard purposely turns the SWAT team to go after OsCorp, because I can't understand why he would make an army of lizards to just go after Spidey...I mean, won't Lizard be as strong, fast and agile as Spider-Man? My only guess is the whole "going after OsCorp/Norman Osborn" shtick. Plus, that may be the reason for us to see Osborn in the first place in this movie, as there isn't really any other reason since we won't see Harry.

Maybe like some after-credits scene of bodyguards telling Osborn what just happened with footage and BAM!, Norman sees Spidey, a very successful "guinea pig" unlike Lizard.

Sounds like a cool idea, but why would The Lizard be going after Oscorp/Norman Osborn?

No kidding.
It wasn't even Legos either it was freaking mega blocks. Ew.
No kidding.
I didn't even know there was such a thing called Mega Blocks.
Guys, guys! Look! James Franco as The Amazing Spider-Man!

20111229232750.png

:awesome:

why don't lego have ASM? is it because mega blocks paid more money?

I think it's a little embarrassing that Sony let the villain of their movie (which is the beginning of a new franchise!)...be (unofficially) revealed through a Pez head. :\

Sounds like a cool idea, but why would The Lizard be going after Oscorp/Norman Osborn?
What Anno suggested sounds like the version of the character from the MTV series:

Connors is revealed to have lost his arm as a result of an Oscorp Industries weapons testing accident (Wide Area Explosive Fragmentation Round aka WAFER).

WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING?!!!

to be fair, no one is going to mistake bruce for batman

True :funny:

I don't personally get why everyone is *****ing about that voice. Imagine if he would talk normally? It's not like he has that awesome Kevin Conroy voice, he has a weak whispery sounding voice, compared to that the semi growl-like voice sounds pretty good

True :funny:

I don't personally get why everyone is *****ing about that voice. Imagine if he would talk normally? It's not like he has that awesome Kevin Conroy voice, he has a weak whispery sounding voice, compared to that the semi growl-like voice sounds pretty good

in BB bale's voice is fine. batman hardly talks and when he does there is real menace in his voice. in TDK he has whole monologues and our audience were PISSING THEMSELVES laughing. 'people willing to believe in gooooooooood'
ha ha ha ha hilarious :awesome:

What Anno suggested sounds like the version of the character from the MTV series:

Connors is revealed to have lost his arm as a result of an Oscorp Industries weapons testing accident (Wide Area Explosive Fragmentation Round aka WAFER).

imo that would fit this movie perfectly!

This crappy news brings 2 big questions to mind.

1) Is the Lizard gonna have a labcoat...ever?
2) How do the SWAT people become Lizards?

I still don't like the idea, though.

1. Maybe.

2. No idea, maybe Dr. Connors tests on them? Maybe Dr. Connors and Van Adder do? (The "Ready to play God" line)

in BB bale's voice is fine. batman hardly talks and when he does there is real menace in his voice. in TDK he has whole monologues and our audience were PISSING THEMSELVES laughing. 'people willing to believe in gooooooooood'
ha ha ha ha hilarious :awesome:

Yeah that part always makes me laugh too :D and the way he takes breath between every few words makes it feel even more stupid, if you know what I mean

I just watched BB yesterday, his voice sounded indeed pretty good in that, I wonder why they changed it

2. No idea, maybe Dr. Connors tests on them? Maybe Dr. Connors and Van Adder do? (The "Ready to play God" line)

But that's sort of my problem. It's hard to feel bad for a guy when he captures and experiments on the police. That's not exactly sympathetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"