The amazing thread of Uniforms and Logos - Part 2

My take: teams should not wear jerseys of their previous location. Are the Thunder going to have a SuperSonics throwback night?

Even if the name is the same, (Jazz, Lakers) they shouldn’t.

I'm torn. Part of me certainly agrees with you, however, part of me feels like it would be so exciting for a team like the Thunder to have those types of throwbacks, especially considering the excitement that has generated over the idea of Seattle getting an NBA team again in the future. I think if they reference the team name as opposed to the city it'd be an easier sell for me, you know? For example, I am not a fan of the Warriors 'Oakland' city jerseys, but I think I'd like them more if they just were 'Warriors' jerseys with that retro template.

some real good ones in here (Avs, Kings, Hurricanes, Coyotes, Devils) and some real meh (Islanders, Wings, Leafs)

My take: teams should not wear jerseys of their previous location. Are the Thunder going to have a SuperSonics throwback night?

Even if the name is the same, (Jazz, Lakers) they shouldn’t.

i wish. i loved the Sonics

Payton, Kemp, Perkins, McMillan, Schrempf.
i could remember that in 4th grade and to this day, but couldn't remember half the stuff i was supposed to remember for school

Err'body (almost) goin' black

I dislike the following: Nets, Celtics (lazy), Cavs, Rockets, Clippers, Pelicans, Knicks, Thunder, Sixers, Trailblazers.

Notes:
- I give Portland a bit of credit trying to go for a pewter vibe ala the Buccaneers, but the execution falls short.
- I love the Heat wanting to find ways to keep that 'Vice City' aesthetic going, but this is the weakest yet, their black ones were as close to perfection as you can get.
- The Nets literally look like the Journeys shoe store with these jerseys and that fugly font, I cannot unsee it.
- It's blatantly obvious at this point with all these retro vibes going back to the forefront that the Pistons do not want to bring back the 90's Pistons teal classics until they actually have a good team to rep them.
- I am torn on the Hornets jerseys, that color almost looks like a mint green, I want to love them for that sole purpose but the muted gold is possibly... a minus?
- Thank you Spurs for finally ditching the god awful camo print jerseys and bringing that those beautiful fiesta jerseys back, 'bout damn time.
- The Suns are officially the pixel/minecraft team, I kid I kid, it's nice to see a retro vibe with a modern twist here.
- The Jazz unveiled their City jerseys only to be outdone by a fan concept by Reddit, better execution on the whole "dark mode" vibe they were pushing prior to the unveiling, who woulda thunk.
vsuaguuwqrc41.jpg

cleveland's looks like someone just playing with fonts

i like denver but why red?

i want to see a better picture of the Grizzlies piping.

milwaukee is lame.

eh spurs might be my favorite. fwiw, i didnt hate the camo

Ugh, Not you too MLB

boston-red-sox-new-nike-2021-city-connect-jersey-yellow-blue-patriots-day-boston-marathon-uniform-sportslogosnet-750x943.jpg

Today it’s just the Boston Red Sox, but as the 2021 season progresses six other teams will be revealed: the Miami Marlins will be next followed by the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, Arizona Diamondbacks, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Dodgers.

a VAST improvement over the old set. Finally got rid of the stupid drop shadow numbers and white side panels.

What's up with all of these different MLB teams wearing light blue uniforms?

it's a 70's/80's retro fad where a lot of teams (Braves, Brewers, Jays, Mariners, Royals, Phillies, Cardinals, Expos, etc.) wore powder blues on the road as opposed to grays,

:db:

As a Bucs fan looking forward to seeing the return of the creamsicle and Bucco Bruce!

i mean, that article is showing my top 2 choices right there. do any others matter? lol

the Pats white helmet throwbacks are pretty sweet too.

Also wouldnt mind seeing the Seahawks in the silver helmet throwbacks either.

I’m a UK Wildcats fan. I’m just glad that we won’t have any throwbacks with the mascot’s tongue controversy.
Old:
upload_2022-3-29_12-17-52.jpeg

New design:
upload_2022-3-29_12-18-19.jpeg

The Zebras, I mean Bengals will use the white helmet a few times this year

It would make it better is they come out with power ranger morphers and call out “white tiger!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"