The animated series in 2006

TheVileOne said:
Ok, so they are only loosely based on the movies, and totally separate from the comics. Which is why Bruttenholm is alive.
Hmm. I'd say it's going the way of the comics and placing the stories before his death. Simple as that. It's why Liz and Kate look so young.

Just random tag on here, I always pictured Liz played by Linda Fiorentino (SP? Agent El in Men in Black). Was kinda suprised when they went with Selma Blaire. Ah well.

WallCrawl said:
Sword of Storms. I like it.
Yeah, Hellboy always seems to have the best titles. He's today's Indiana Jones.

According to AWN News, the two animated films are called Sword of Storms and Blood and Iron, the first being shown in October 2006 and the latter January 2007.

HM

Nice. Wasn't expecting it so soon. :)

Sweet, I thought we'd have to wait longer for the second. :)

They did say they were working on both together. So it's not really that surprising.

Yeah but I was always under the impression that they'd release it as a tie in to the movie. Didn't know they were this far ahead. Now I have something to hold me over. :)

Just a wee note to say the IDT are showcasing HELLBOY ANIMATED at the Cannes Film Festival this year, May 17th - 28th.

HM

I wish I could go =p. I love Hellboy (obviously, 2 huge Hellboy tattoos anyone?) and I love anime, so I doubt it could get much better for me. Hopefully they will show a preview for it on one of my regular monthly Anime series...I'm staying hopeful. Until then, I'll keep reading the updates :).

Hellmistress said:
Just a wee note to say the IDT are showcasing HELLBOY ANIMATED at the Cannes Film Festival this year, May 17th - 28th.

HM

Wow, I never expected they'd get to screen at a venue like Cannes. Neat.

Nice. Sounds good to me. Especially the second one. Lots of monsters I already recognize from the books. :)

I like the first, actually. The East has some wonderful beasts, creatures and spirites in their mythologies that are virtually unknown to the West, looking forward to seeing some of them depicted onscreen.

I'm just ready for more Hellboy.

This will serve well until there's a Hellboy II. I'm glad I saw this thread... I had NO IDEA this project was even around!
Thanks for starting the thread, to keep all us newbees up to date.

can't wait for those to hit the dvd shelves. The new Spawn cartoon too.

For those of you in the Los Angeles area, there will be an HB ANIMATED presence at this year's San Diego Comic Con on Friday, 21st July at 10:30am.

Tad Stones (director) and Mike Mignola (creator) along with Hellboy movie director Guillermo del Toro, Phil Weinstein, Matt Wayne and Sean Galloway invite you to be one of the first to experience the new project Hellboy Animated from IDT Entertainment. Clips will be previewed, followed by Q&A session. Room 6B

I believe there will be free swag too ...

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/index.shtml

HM

Hellmistress said:
For those of you in the Los Angeles area, there will be an HB ANIMATED presence at this year's San Diego Comic Con on Friday, 21st July at 10:30am.

Tad Stones (director) and Mike Mignola (creator) along with Hellboy movie director Guillermo del Toro, Phil Weinstein, Matt Wayne and Sean Galloway invite you to be one of the first to experience the new project Hellboy Animated from IDT Entertainment. Clips will be previewed, followed by Q&A session. Room 6B

I believe there will be free swag too ...

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/index.shtml

HM

Oddly enough, the thing that really caught my attention was the free swag bit. Now why couldn't Cali be closer?

Just to let you know that the official site is now up and running. There's not a whole lot on there yet, but you can certainly get a flavour of what gorgeousness we're in for!!

http://www.gotohellboy.com/

HM

After seeing the Amazing Screw-On Head pilot, I'm still kind of bummed that the Hellboy toons aren't emulating Mignola's style. Even so, the animation looks clean and fluid for a project that might (i.e. hopefully) turn into a series. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"