Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I look at it as a Mission Impossible/Man from UNCLE type show with some X-Files thrown in. Although its starting to get more superhuman now.

If people want a regular super hero show watch Daredevil

Yeah I look at it as a Mission Impossible/Man from UNCLE type show with some X-Files thrown in. Although its starting to get more superhuman now.

oh I can't wait for Daredevil. that looks amazing.

...soon...

If you look at the first half of season 1 as a spy show, it still isn't good, it doesn't matter if people got confused with what the show was supposed to be about if it was good it would have kept viewers, it wasn't so it didn't.

I dont know if AOS started off shaky because a) it honestly wasnt written well or 2) they knew that Winter Soldier was going to change the storyline later on and kinda made it that way on purpose. At least its better now.

Comments deleted :)

Last edited:
I dont know if AOS started off shaky because a) it honestly wasnt written well or 2) they knew that Winter Soldier was going to change the storyline later on and kinda made it that way on purpose. At least its better now.

The winter soldier thing was a big part of it, at least according to the writers
but the writing was lackluster as well
If they wanted to, they couldve started delving into the mysteries sooner, and not relied so heavily on the monster of the week idea. In retrospect, some of that early set up stuff was necessary though, so they couldn't ditch it entirely.

basically, I look at the show like a comic that's better in trade form than reading it monthly.

Sorry. .I using my phone to type..dont know how to put spoiler. .I will delete the comment then

I'll use spoiler tags with regard to who may or may not show up on AoS, but this, IMO, ain't much of a spoiler.

I think that possibility of Carol Danvers making an appearance on AoS (in the near future) is so small as to be non-existent. They haven't cast anyone for the part of Carol/Captain Marvel (that we know of) yet and I doubt that her debut will be on network television. They "might" do some sort of cameo without a face shot. Like a fighter pilot scene with a helmet on just to get the fans blood pressure to shoot through the roof. This has been discussed on the Captain Marvel thread quite a bit.

Last edited:
tumblr_nlj54gAgKC1qetqrbo1_500.gif

tumblr_nlj54gAgKC1qetqrbo2_500.gif

tumblr_nlj54gAgKC1qetqrbo4_500.png

tumblr_nlj54gAgKC1qetqrbo3_500.gif

I'm not sure if I agree wholly with the criticism that the movies are ignoring AoS entirely. Like I said in the AoS forum, by the time the show started shooting its first season IM3 was already complete and got its theatric release, T:TDW was going through post-production, CA:TWS was finishing its principal photography and GotG was beginning that step. All those movies already had their script finished, three of them were done shooting or close to it and the latter was going to spend 99% of its running time in space. What did happen in AoS's first season that was worth acknowledging in those movies to justify last minute rewrites and shootings? Nothing.

A:AoU is really the first movie to be conceived in a world where AoS is a thing, and even then for any plot element of AoS to be referenced in a movie going forward it'd necessarily have to play a role, however small, in the story. That goes for the elephant in the room - Coulson revealing his ressurection to the Avengers - too: if it's not meant to serve the Avengers' story - inspiring them to believe in the impossible even against all odds, for example - then it'd be an addition completely disjointed from the general story structure, and no, a post-credits scene isn't a good way to include that either, as it doesn't suit either the fluffy and irrelevant or the foreshadowing the next big movie that the post-credits scenes of the MCU have been so far. Any other approach would make it more of a Coulson moment and, as such, best served in AoS, again in a context that'd make it a natural addition and not just fanservicing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I agree wholly with the criticism that the movies are ignoring AoS entirely. Like I said in the AoS forum, by the time the show started shooting the show's first season IM3 was already complete and got its theatric release, T:TDW was going through post-production, CA:TWS was finishing its principal photography and GotG was beginning that step. All those movies already had their script finished, three of them were done shooting or close to it and the latter was going to spend 99% of its running time in space. What did happen in AoS's first season that was worth acknowledging in those movies to justify last minute rewrites and shootings? Nothing.

A:AoU is really the first movie to be conceived in a world where AoS is a thing, and even then for any plot element of AoS to be referenced in a movie going forward it'd necessarily have to play a role, however small, in the story. That goes for the elephant in the room - Coulson revealing his ressurection to the Avengers - too: if it's not meant to serve the Avengers' story - inspiring them to believe in the impossible even against all odds, for example - then it'd be an addition completely disjointed from the general story structure, and no, a post-credits scene isn't a good way to include that either, as it doesn't suit either the fluffy and irrelevant or the foreshadowing the next big movie that the post-credits scenes of the MCU have been so far. Any other approach would make it more of a Coulson moment and, as such, best served in AoS, again in a context that'd make it a natural addition and not a just a fanservicing.

Good points. Also, it makes NO sense for them to do so once the timing get lined up. The TV and Films can feed off each other and help each other. We get psyched when Sif or whoever is in AoS or there's a reference to the "film" world (or at least I do). If there's something in the movie that ties in with AoS, I'm going to want to see it (I watch it anyway, but I think it makes others who are more casual fans, be more interested).

Captain America : The Winter Soldier was a game changer for Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as it played the HYDRA card very well an brought the series up in terms of continuity where Agent Carter was more Alias from the get-go. AOS was more X-Files.

Yeah I really wish a version of Scully an Mulder would appear on AoS. Like a halloween show or something

A reference to X-files would be very cool!

Last episode they referenced Pulp Fiction which was great

Captain America : The Winter Soldier was a game changer for Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as it played the HYDRA card very well an brought the series up in terms of continuity where Agent Carter was more Alias from the get-go. AOS was more X-Files.

Agreed. TWS was really well done and set the stage. Ditto for GotG. As much as I loved TWS, GotG was such a breath of fresh air that it was my favorite movie of 2014. In the MCU, TWS was probably more important and we'll see all of that play out in AoU, CW, etc.

I hope Ragnarok continues to push the envelope.

Still, I'd love to see Peter Quill in a dance off against Ultron.....bro.... :cwink:

Spoiler about Hydra: :ilv:
LSwz1Z3.png

It's nice to see them try to make the minions a bit more threatening and fodder-like.
It makes all the more thrilling when our heroes kick their asses :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back