Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Doctor Strange in this film.............. :D

Having Vision lift it already took some of the specialness away from the idea of Cap doing it anyway, IMO at least.

Having Vision lift it already took some of the specialness away from the idea of Cap doing it anyway, IMO at least.
It will still be a great moment, Cap is a character we have been with since the beginning.

I still like the theory that he actually could lift it in AOU, but pretended he couldn't because he didn't want to upset or embarrass Thor.

I still like the theory that he actually could lift it in AOU, but pretended he couldn't because he didn't want to upset or embarrass Thor.

Thankfully that's just a theory.

I think it might be a bit premature to say that for sure won't happen in IW. There's nothing as of yet to indicate that it wouldn't be possible for Mjonir to be reforged

except the concept art for iw that shows thor with a different weapon

except the concept art for iw that shows thor with a different weapon
Concept art is just that... concept art. If concept art were taken as fact then (just as an example) Sharon should have been at the airport battle in Civil War and Ant-Man would have been on Tony's side. Things change all the time from the concept art stage to final script & what gets filmed.

Not to mention, that concept art is a single moment in the film.. it's not the whole film..

Just because he's using another weapon at the particular moment that the concept art is capturing still does not mean that Mjolnir never being able to be reforged is an absolute certainty (also note: I recall some noting that it looks like he might be holding another weapon in his left hand (that's in the distance)

[YT]X1C2yMjx1zM[/YT]

http://www.obsev.com/entertainment/...ows-scarlet-witch-fighting-mo-cap-battle.html

This footage lets us know two big things.
Firstly, it’s clear that we’ll be getting a lot of interstellar warfare in this movie. Scarlet Witch is going to be facing off against some kind of alien adversary, which is clear from the fact that whoever she’ll be fighting is going to be created in CGI after the fact, with the on-set actor providing motion capture.
As the set looks like a very terrestrial street in Edinburgh, it’s safe to assume that aliens will be invading the British Isles again, because someone at Marvel thought that was a hugely popular concept after Thor: The Dark World earned middling reviews.
Second, expect to see plenty of Marvel characters fighting independently. ScarWitch (can we start calling her that?) looks like she’ll be doing her own thing in this fight, but it’s safe to assume that this will be stitched together with the airport scene in Captain America: Civil War, with actors filming separately before being brought together in post-production thanks to the joys of digital technology.
In many ways, the airport battle functioned as a smallscale dry run for everything that Marvel’s going to try and accomplish this year. With dozens of actors all filming on different schedules, it makes sense to be able to do as many of these isolated fight scenes as possible, before building together a cohesive narrative for the battle in question.
It’s going to be one heck of a job, keeping all of this organized. Just be glad that’s not your job.

http://epicstream.com/news/Avengers...-Shows-Scarlet-Witch-Battling-a-New-Character

Mo-cap suits are very telling, because this hints that this may not necessarily be just any goon fight like in Captain America: Civil War.
One other point to note is that Wanda Maximoff seems to be wearing civilian clothes, and not her usual scarlet outfit. Granted, she doesn’t wear a suit like Cap and Iron Man do, but it makes us wonder if this could be the result of the apparent disbanding of the Avengers following the big rift between its two heads.
The fight does seem intense, with Scarlet Witch using a lot of her power—just look at those hand gestures—but it’s anyone’s guess at this point who that character. Based on the weapon, an easy guess would be a glaive, wielded by none other than Corvus Glaive. His presence in Avengers: Infinity War wouldn’t really be a surprise given his connection to the Mad Titan.
We’ll have to see if the circulating rumors are true, but if they are, and the footage is proof of it, I’m excited to see Scarlet Witch break free from her troubled shell.

http://mcuexchange.com/scarlet-witch-fights-life-new-hd-avengers-infinity-war-set-video/

We have received a closer look at the fight between Scarlet Witch and what seems to be a member of Thanos’s Black Order from the set of Avengers: Infinity War. Sightings of her and Vision being mixed up in a battle could hint at the beginning of Thanos’s hunt for the Infinity Stones, with Vision being his first victim.
We also get to see Olsen being pulled upward as Scarlet Witch goes airborne to fly towards or away from enemies. The biggest question is if she is trying to catapult herself to face a flying enemy, or if she is trying to escape from a dangerous situation? It is interesting that there is no sign of Vision during these sequences, so either they already got what they wanted, or he may have escaped as well.

Last edited:
Now why couldn't I get to see something like that!

It's going to be exciting seeing heroes fighting their own battles in small groups all over the place. So many possible combinations. They will need a good number of leaders in different areas communicating the overall plans between each other.

http://www.obsev.com/entertainment/...ows-scarlet-witch-fighting-mo-cap-battle.html

Firstly, it’s clear that we’ll be getting a lot of interstellar warfare in this movie. Scarlet Witch is going to be facing off against some kind of alien adversary, which is clear from the fact that whoever she’ll be fighting is going to be created in CGI after the fact, with the on-set actor providing motion capture.
As the set looks like a very terrestrial street in Edinburgh, it’s safe to assume that aliens will be invading the British Isles again, because someone at Marvel thought that was a hugely popular concept after Thor: The Dark World earned middling reviews.
Second, expect to see plenty of Marvel characters fighting independently. ScarWitch (can we start calling her that?) looks like she’ll be doing her own thing in this fight, but it’s safe to assume that this will be stitched together with the airport scene in Captain America: Civil War, with actors filming separately before being brought together in post-production thanks to the joys of digital technology.
In many ways, the airport battle functioned as a smallscale dry run for everything that Marvel’s going to try and accomplish this year. With dozens of actors all filming on different schedules, it makes sense to be able to do as many of these isolated fight scenes as possible, before building together a cohesive narrative for the battle in question.
It’s going to be one heck of a job, keeping all of this organized. Just be glad that’s not your job.

http://epicstream.com/news/Avengers...-Shows-Scarlet-Witch-Battling-a-New-Character

Mo-cap suits are very telling, because this hints that this may not necessarily be just any goon fight like in Captain America: Civil War.
One other point to note is that Wanda Maximoff seems to be wearing civilian clothes, and not her usual scarlet outfit. Granted, she doesn’t wear a suit like Cap and Iron Man do, but it makes us wonder if this could be the result of the apparent disbanding of the Avengers following the big rift between its two heads.
The fight does seem intense, with Scarlet Witch using a lot of her power—just look at those hand gestures—but it’s anyone’s guess at this point who that character. Based on the weapon, an easy guess would be a glaive, wielded by none other than Corvus Glaive. His presence in Avengers: Infinity War wouldn’t really be a surprise given his connection to the Mad Titan.
We’ll have to see if the circulating rumors are true, but if they are, and the footage is proof of it, I’m excited to see Scarlet Witch break free from her troubled shell.

http://mcuexchange.com/scarlet-witch-fights-life-new-hd-avengers-infinity-war-set-video/

We have received a closer look at the fight between Scarlet Witch and what seems to be a member of Thanos’s Black Order from the set of Avengers: Infinity War. Sightings of her and Vision being mixed up in a battle could hint at the beginning of Thanos’s hunt for the Infinity Stones, with Vision being his first victim.
We also get to see Olsen being pulled upward as Scarlet Witch goes airborne to fly towards or away from enemies. The biggest question is if she is trying to catapult herself to face a flying enemy, or if she is trying to escape from a dangerous situation? It is interesting that there is no sign of Vision during these sequences, so either they already got what they wanted, or he may have escaped as well.

They mocaped the Chitauri in TA so it could still be goons...

Cap doesn't need to be able to life Mjolnir. He gets enough focus/special moments as is.

I'd like some things to be exclusive to certain characters.

I wanted it originally but it will have a little less impact now that Vision has already lifted it and that event in the Ragnarok trailer.

Wanda and Vision romance?
http://www.geekgirlauthority.com/spe...-infinity-war/

Watching both videos, they both appear to be in the same location in of Old Town, Edinburgh in Scotland. So, here’s what we’re thinking. Well, maybe more hoping than thinking — Scarlet Witch and The Vision are sort of in a romantic entanglement of some sort. Think about it. In Captain America: Civil War, we saw Vision and Scarlet Witch on two opposing sides of the conflict. As it turns out, Scarlet Witch is now on a fugitive on the run. Vision, in the mean time, is seen to be on the right side of the law here.
We’ve already seen that he has feelings for her as he was trying so hard to please her with food from her home in Sokovia. Our speculation here is that Vision has tracked down Ms. Maximoff to Edinburgh (or whatever location they say in the film) to see that she is okay and maybe, just maybe, assure her that if she turns herself in or turns on Captain Rogers, she could come back to the States with him.
And that’s when they’re attacked by Corvus Glaive. Well, maybe not Corvus Glaive, but we totally think it’s Corvus Glaive based on that weapon and the way he moves in the shots.
Again, this is all just speculation, but — c’mon, you know you want to see it go down this way.

I can't wait to see this fight with Wanda on screen. (even with those awful jeans :funny:)

I feel like they need to give her a sword or something to channel her energy through so she can smack a few people with it.

The way they handled it with Vision was basically tongue-in-cheek, and I took that as a sign that the studio has no plans to use the device in a more dramatic way in Infinity War.

At this point I'm expecting Cap and Thor to fight without their iconic weapons for a while, then get them back for the finale.

That will be the big "suit up" moment that calls back to the first film.

Honestly, Brolin as Cable is perfect. The reason not many people thought of him was because he's Thanos, but he can easily do both. The idea that Marvel would recast him is idiotic. He's already obligated by contracts but as already stated, it's really a mocap/voice role.

All I want to know is if Cate Blanchett will be in the IW films!

Concept art is just that... concept art. If concept art were taken as fact then (just as an example) Sharon should have been at the airport battle in Civil War and Ant-Man would have been on Tony's side. Things change all the time from the concept art stage to final script & what gets filmed.

Not to mention, that concept art is a single moment in the film.. it's not the whole film..

Just because he's using another weapon at the particular moment that the concept art is capturing still does not mean that Mjolnir never being able to be reforged is an absolute certainty (also note: I recall some noting that it looks like he might be holding another weapon in his left hand (that's in the distance)

Don't get me wrong. I think it will be reforged and he will get it back. But it will be at a crucial moment.
He will battle without it and do well but when things come on top and he has all but lost he will get it back and we'll all be "yes". Then he will kick butt.

The way they handled it with Vision was basically tongue-in-cheek, and I took that as a sign that the studio has no plans to use the device in a more dramatic way in Infinity War.

At this point I'm expecting Cap and Thor to fight without their iconic weapons for a while, then get them back for the finale.

That will be the big "suit up" moment that calls back to the first film.

I don't think it would have been a good idea to do the Vision hammer thing if they wanted to use it seriously later. Can always do tongue-in-cheek stuff like they did at the beginning of AoU without anyone actually lifting the hammer. Or things in later films after Cap has lifted it. The drama is around who can lift it first so Cap lifting it now won't be the same as Vision might as well do it again if the situation calls for it and Thor is out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"