The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd laugh at the name 'raging ovaries' too but I think I've been conditioned to instead feel fear and begin making a cup of tea. :p

Coulson is like the MCU equivalent of Boba Fett. He was loved for really no explainable reason, even BEFORE he started doing badass stuff.

He's Fury's right hand man that just stands around. You know he's waiting to explode with a can of whoopass :woot:

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_8.jpg

Yesssssssss.

I'd love it if the whole leviathan/Fin Fang Foom/Midgard Serpent thing was all misinformation set out by Marvel.

Marcvader, don't get your hopes up...between Harry Knowles statement, WolvieCBM's most recent report and everything else it seems a given.

Can't see why you're so against it though? The action potential is tremendous.

Well even IF Thanos did make an appearance in “The Avengers”, it wouldn’t be as a direct threat to the Avengers. Most likely it would just be a cameo or something alluding very much as to him being the next big threat for the sequel; so in a way, it’s like knowing about a tease that won’t come about until 5 years from now.lol

The infinity gauntlet sounds like it would give us Mandarin.

How the hell did you reach that conclusion? They have nothing to do with each other at all.

Wouldn't you think of Thanos, since he actually has something to do with the thing?

I think people are afraid of the laviathon looking crummy in terms of cgi scale.

I think people are afraid of the emphasis being on soulless cgi scenes instead of characters and story.

Marcvader, don't get your hopes up...between Harry Knowles statement, WolvieCBM's most recent report and everything else it seems a given.

Can't see why you're so against it though? The action potential is tremendous.

Yeah, I know. I'm just not feeling a giant and most likely obvious cg creature being in this movie. I really hope the work done on it is groundbreaking and it looks real. There's q big difference with making something the size of the Hulk look real and making a giant creature look real.

I think people are afraid of the emphasis being on soulless cgi scenes instead of characters and story.

I would have thought that based on this quote that Kevin Feige had made recently that worries about the quality of the story would be put somewhat more at ease for the time being:

"What people seem to have taken away so far is not just the new characters or costumes, which are cool. but the character interaction"

"It's a storyline that allows each of the characters to bring something to it - they all bring something to the party from their knowledge base"

"As any fan of the Marvel team up knows, what happens when Marvel heoes team up? - They fight each other, then they fight together. We did not shy away from that direction"

"The best Avengers comics are when no-one is the leader. Joss has done a great job of making this a true ensemble picture - Loki and Fury are, if anything, true drivers of the story at points. And Jeremy Renner could steal the movie from everybody with his bow and arrow. We don't have to make this Iron Man and his amazing friends - Iron Man's a giant, giant part of the movie and when he comes in, people take notice, but this is an Avengers movie"

He's Fury's right hand man that just stands around. You know he's waiting to explode with a can of whoopass :woot:

I'd think that fact alone should qualify Coulson on a level of cool right up there with pre-prequel Boba Fett, lousy death in Jedi excluded.

When Thanos puts on the gauntlet, they should have him turn into a giant cosmic cloud. You know, just to f*** with the fans.

When Thanos puts on the gauntlet, they should have him turn into a giant cosmic cloud. You know, just to f*** with the fans.

Between Galactus and Parallax both being portrayed as such that would really suck.

I would have thought that based on this quote that Kevin Feige had made recently that worries about the quality of the story would be put somewhat more at ease for the time being:

he also compared the movie to Transformers 3.
Don't get me wrong, I believe the movie will be great, but things like that DO make me worry sometimes.

I think he compared it to the scope of transformers 3. TF3 was crap, but the action was really big and nice. I want the action in the avengers to be as big as that. Not as emotionless though

Haha ... was going thru a photo album on Facebook and noticed a couple of girls at bar here in my hometown went dressed as Iron Man and Cap last night ....

bmiy0f.jpg

Let me get this straight, one giant creature was reported as making an appearance now people think the film's emphasis will be on soulless CGI?

Sounds like a case of overreacting in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, one giant creature was reported as making an appearance now people think the film's emphasis will be on soulless?

Sounds like a case of overreacting in my humble opinion.
your humble opinion is obviously just based on one post and not on the context of it.:oldrazz:

I'm wearing little Devil Horns on my head right now. Does that tantalize anyone here in this messageboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"