The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cube can do damn near anything that the person wielding it wills it to do. Its main ability is the power to warp reality, reshape it to suit the person who controls it. The Red Skull was obsessed with Odin's treasures and with Asgard, so he might have inadvertently willed the Cube to transport him to Asgard.

It could have transported him straight to Odin's vault. He desired power so maybe the cube sent him to it.

It could have transported him straight to Odin's vault. He desired power so maybe the cube sent him to it.

We don't know what the Tesseract's powers capabilities are outside of a self contained power source, do we?

though it can apparently open a portal of some kind

though it can apparently open a portal of some kind

True, but it has yet to be explained how so. Could it have been an overload of centralized power that opened the portal or an actual ability of the Cube itself? There are so many variables when it comes to opening trans-dimensional portals in the MCU we really don't have a base curve to compare the Cube to. Do we even know if the Cube is what opens the portal in Avengers? None of the footage I've seen has hinted at that yet.

Huh, just realized that the Stark Tower is being built ON TOP of the MetLife (Pan Am) building.
starktower.jpg

True, but it has yet to be explained how so. Could it have been an overload of centralized power that opened the portal or an actual ability of the Cube itself? There are so many variables when it comes to opening trans-dimensional portals in the MCU we really don't have a base curve to compare the Cube to. Do we even know if the Cube is what opens the portal in Avengers? None of the footage I've seen has hinted at that yet.

One can assume it is indeed the cube, as that is what Loki is after, and seeing that it (seemingly) opened a portal for Skull in CA:TFA, one would assume it does the same here. Not explicitly confirmed but that seems to be a logical assumption.

One can assume it is indeed the cube, as that is what Loki is after, and seeing that it (seemingly) opened a portal for Skull in CA:TFA, one would assume it does the same here. Not explicitly confirmed but that seems to be a logical assumption.

Yup. We don't know for sure, but it seems to be what is hinted at.

I see where you're going, but at the same time it was stated by a handful of different film characters that the cube is an artifact of "immense power". That could mean anything. And considering the Cube was responsible for opening one portal in Cap, but other portals have been opened without it, there's no saying whether it was the cube itself that caused the portal to open or other factors were involved. In the comics it grants wishes and skews reality; in the film it has yet to be established. Savvy?

In The Avengers, Loki obviously opens a portal directly over Stark Tower. Do we even know if the Cube is involved in the portal debacle? Sure Loki is after it but does he need it for the portal or something else?

I see where you're going, but at the same time it was stated by a handful of different film characters that the cube is an artifact of "immense power". That could mean anything. And considering the Cube was responsible for opening one portal in Cap, but other portals have been opened without it, there's no saying whether it was the cube itself that caused the portal to open or other factors were involved. In the comics it grants wishes and skews reality; in the film it has yet to be established. Savvy?

In The Avengers, Loki obviously opens a portal directly over Stark Tower. Do we even know if the Cube is involved in the portal debacle?

Savvy indeed.

I was just drawing conclusions based on previous viewings. No lines have been drawn 100% yet saying that the cube opens the portal, but the evidence seems to suggest it, seeing as the cube is he big power macguffin of the film...as I said earlier, the cubes power set is so vague atm that MS could make it do whatever they'd like at this point.

But as for official confirmation, nothing set in stone yet. For all we know, Loki could open the portal himself using the cubes power...the portal definitely has a different look from the others we've seen.

I gotta disagree with that. Asgaurd was nicely fleshed out and a good portion of the movie takes place there

cheep? I think thats harsh

Plus even though the demise of the Destoryer was short lived.... His overall look was FANTASTIC CGI pretty much ripped from the pages of the books.

Asgard looked awesome there just wasn't enough of it shown, oh and I agree the design & CGI of The Destroyer was AMAZING.

Visually this is truely an underrated live action adaptation of a comic book character.

1677225-_tempdestroyer_cbm2.jpg

captain-america-thor-225x100.jpg

Finally a decent shot of Cap. Photoshopped, yes, but decent. All I can do is wonder what the next iteration of the suit will look like.

And Whiskey I never responded last night, but I can assure you that AB and myself are not the same person. Please don't single me out because I happen to agree with one specific person on here every now and again, it's pretty distasteful. I know it doesn't sound impossible since we are on the internet, but the idea of one guy creating two identities for himself on a message board just so he can have someone to agree with himself is pretty absurd. And sad. I can't imagine the guy who actually does that.

So I'll ask that please, in the future, if I happen to agree with someone and I'm discussing something civilly with them, I don't care who it is, please don't single me out because you don't care for that individual. It's a message board, someone is bound to agree with someone at some point. And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Done.

Huh, just realized that the Stark Tower is being built ON TOP of the MetLife (Pan Am) building.
starktower.jpg

Great catch. This shows how they fit the Stark Tower into the real New York skyline, something that had intrigued me.

Awesome cover. Cap looks a little sleepy though lol.

In Joss we trust.

Asgard looked awesome there just wasn't enough of it shown, oh and I agree the design & CGI of The Destroyer was AMAZING.

Visually this is truely an underrated live action adaptation of a comic book character.

Absolutely. Destroyer was better than I could have anticipated. Very fluid. Can't wait to see what they do for Thor 2

captain-america-thor-225x100.jpg

Finally a decent shot of Cap. Photoshopped, yes, but decent. All I can do is wonder what the next iteration of the suit will look like.

And Whiskey I never responded last night, but I can assure you that AB and myself are not the same person. Please don't single me out because I happen to agree with one specific person on here every now and again, it's pretty distasteful. I know it doesn't sound impossible since we are on the internet, but the idea of one guy creating two identities for himself on a message board just so he can have someone to agree with himself is pretty absurd. And sad. I can't imagine the guy who actually does that.

So I'll ask that please, in the future, if I happen to agree with someone and I'm discussing something civilly with them, I don't care who it is, please don't single me out because you don't care for that individual. It's a message board, someone is bound to agree with someone at some point. And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Done.

And yet it happens often. Never underestimate the desperate trolls. Sad yes, but i have seen it a lot.

Not that I think your doing that, just pointing out there is a reason to consider that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"