The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is still my fav photo of Loki, he just looks so.....menacing.

It reminds me of Hannibal Lecter in SOTL, when Clarence first met him in his prison. The way he stood and acted gave audience the perception that he wasn't imprisoned, but chose to be in it instead.

It reminds me of Hannibal Lecter in SOTL, when Clarence first met him in his prison. The way he stood and acted gave audience the perception that he wasn't imprisoned, but chose to be in it instead.

Exactly!

Im almost positive Red Skull was sent to Asgard, or at least one of the other realms. In Cap America in the scene where he "disintegrates" you can clearly make out the other realms above him where he gets transported.

photol5.jpg

Anyone notice the slate on the side of the frame? Kinda funny, considering it's official and all.

seems like it would be easy for someone to manip his shield to be facing us. then it would be PERFECT lol

The TV show was fantastic IMO. Before that show Hulk was a secondary character in Marvel canon. Now he's Marvel Studios' only A-lister

The first Hulk film in 2003 is what screwed everything up. Reception of TIH was mostly positive and it made decent money at the BO in spite of the major uphill battle it had to face.

I truly believe if 2003 Hulk hadn't happened and we were only given TIH then it would have been almost as popular as Iron Man 1 and a sequel would have been greenlit immediately

Also, Iron Man was a hit largely due to Robert Downey Jr. Try and picture anyone else in that role. Doesn't work.

The TV Show was good for the time. And it deserves credit for elevating the Hulk in the public conciousness. Unfortunately that influence has stuck in the studios minds for the subsequent films. No other way to explain how a character who talks in the books, who shows intelligence, reason and humour, gets rendered virtually mute with the narrow emotional range of pissed off or puppy eyed, for both movies. They followed the TV show rather than the books for the 'characterisation' of the Hulk himself, and that won't sell so well these days.

And I agree 03 Hulk had a bad effect on TIH, but I still remain convinced TIH would have done a lot better if they had gotten the Hulk himself right. They were closer than 03, but still dropped the ball in that regard.

And Iron-Man...Well, impossible to know for sure how well it would have done with another actor. Thing is when RDJ was cast we couldn't know he would nail the part so well until he went and did it. Same as with Ledger as the Joker. When cast I doubt many foresaw just how successful his performance would turn out to be. Bottom line, RDJ is great as Stark, and yes, it's damned hard to imagine anyone else in the role (now), but he is not the only game in town. Sometimes we simply just can't know how good an actor will be in a part until we see them do it.

Yeah, Clarence was the FBI agent questioning Hannah Bell Lecter.

Sorry to veer off topic, but Suzanne has the Avengers baby arrived yet?

Me too, it made him look bulkier and more muscular.

I prefer Captain America's WWII uniform.

Agreed.

I think his modern day costume is a fantastic translation of the comic book one. In person it's akin to a Batman suit in texture and definition. Quite a well conceptualized piece of costuming.

But Evans looks like a kid at a comic convention wearing it. Fail.

Maybe he snuck into Odins Weapon Vault and took one off of the Infinity Gauntlet. Then again, why wouldn't he take the whole Gauntlet lol

I really like this still. There's a solemn majesty to it.

That'll be an amazing shot in motion.

And I love the one of him standing when everyone else is kneeling. That's cap for ya. They sure got his character right!

Agreed.

I think his modern day costume is a fantastic translation of the comic book one. In person it's akin to a Batman suit in texture and definition. Quite a well conceptualized piece of costuming.

But Evans looks like a kid at a comic convention wearing it. Fail.

IMO not all the time. Most shots look good to great but there are a few that are off, sometimes badly.

Of the new pics Marvel Freshman (thanx dude) just put up the shot of CAP on the car looks fantastic and the shot without the helmet also looks great! However the frontal shot looks terrible.

Aside from this...DAMN ScarJo looks insanely hot in that pic!!!

And THOR looks epicly bad@$$!

So does....just about every other poster on this site, except me I like them about the same.

Me too. He looks great to me. I may have preferred exposed ears and a star on the back, but it looks absolutely fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"