The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall Evans saying in some interview between TFA and TA that he couldn't keep on the weight he had during TFA, so he is indeed lighter in TA. By no means is he skinny though.

Here's Evans with Hemsworth (who is 6'3). How anything claims Evans is 6'2 is beyond me

Chris+Evans+Chris+Hemsworth+68th+Annual+Golden+nveuvJ_B_Uil.jpg

Jackman is 6' 2", so Bale can't be.
20444259-20444261-large.jpg

Chistian%20Bale%20Hugh%20Jackman%20the%20Prestige.jpg

Heh, I'll add one more.
Congrats!!!!
First kid?
And I WISH I my physique looked half as good as Evans in The Avengers, let alone CA:TFA.

Thank you! Yeah, first kid, and he LOVES his little Captain America onesie! I can't wait to overload him with a s*** ton of Avengers gear. Although my Niece, who's more of a DC fan is going to do everything in her power to make him a little Bat baby. This'll be the only Marvel/DC war I'll approve of :cwink:

Chewy: Cheers! He's a very happy, handsome, boy!

Sorry Poni, if Evans were to get to 215 working out, he would not look fat. I am 5'11 and 210 - 215, granted I am still working on getting my shoulders and arms bigger, but I still want to keep the same weight. Would you say I look fat? Here is my friend Jonathan who is around 5'7" and I believe around 190 or more. Is he fat looking? No, not at all. It all depends on where you keep your weight. I think Evans could gain muscle in his legs enough to give him 10 more lbs, and the rest of of his body to push him up to 215-220 and look great.

Me:
312723_263473280340860_181144498573739_961947_1913685743_n.jpg

339402_10150305285072980_577032979_7878066_814133_o.jpg

300939_257729904260826_100000714563677_831560_548105077_n.jpg

Jonathan
389587_10150691431236489_667521488_9126861_1665666679_n.jpg

So.... we're not allowed to compare Evans' physique from Captain America to Avengers? Is that another taboo topic on these boards like Tom Hardy's height and The Amazing Spider-Man suit?

Evans' body does seem to be one of the more discussed topics around here when news slows down and/or a new batch of Cap pics are released. But it's normally the same points brought up over and over again. I don't normally participate in the convo, except to toss in a drooly, uber-fangirly comment here and there to balance out the rest of the topic.

However, venturing onto the Chris Evans thread and the News and Speculation thread to read yet another dissection of my movie crush's physical appearance can be a little wearing at times LOL!

Oh, and thanks to those posters for their congratulations for my baby's birth on the previous thread! :woot:

Just add some congrats from me! I wish you and your baby all the best. It's a very exciting time.

Sorry Poni, if Evans were to get to 215 working out, he would not look fat. I am 5'11 and 210 - 215, granted I am still working on getting my shoulders and arms bigger, but I still want to keep the same weight. Would you say I look fat? Here is my friend Jonathan who is around 5'7" and I believe around 190 or more. Is he fat looking? No, not at all. It all depends on where you keep your weight. I think Evans could gain muscle in his legs enough to give him 10 more lbs, and the rest of of his body to push him up to 215-220 and look great.

Me:
312723_263473280340860_181144498573739_961947_1913685743_n.jpg

339402_10150305285072980_577032979_7878066_814133_o.jpg

300939_257729904260826_100000714563677_831560_548105077_n.jpg

Jonathan
389587_10150691431236489_667521488_9126861_1665666679_n.jpg

Straightforward answer, man to man, yes you look fat to me. In the first pic you're lifting your shoulders and sucking your stomach in. If you lost 5 - 7 lbs around your middle section you'd look killer in that Cap suit though. Again, you asked :yay:

The guy on the bottom? If you put him in Evans' modern Cap suit he'd look fantastic

Last edited:
Evans' body does seem to be one of the more discussed topics around here when news slows down and/or a new batch of Cap pics are released. But it's normally the same points brought up over and over again. I don't normally participate in the convo, except to toss in a drooly, uber-fangirly comment here and there to balance out the rest of the topic.

However, venturing onto the Chris Evans thread and the News and Speculation thread to read yet another dissection of my movie crush's physical appearance can be a little wearing at times LOL!

Most of us are fairly new here, or haven't commented in awhile, so something as simple as comparing Evans' physique from his CA days to his Avengers days is a fresh topic to discuss in between news bits. Just because others have discussed it ad nauseum shouldn't stop others from talking about it now if they wish to. That would be rather unfair.

Straightforward answer, man to man, yes you look fat to me. In the first pic you're lifting your shoulders and sucking your stomach in. If you lost 5 - 7 lbs around your middle section you'd look killer in that Cap suit though. Again, you asked :yay:

The guy on the bottom? If you put him in Evans' modern Cap suit he'd look fantastic

lol, i look fat.. right... I am not lifting my shoulder or sucking in btw. To each their own.

And Jonathan is only 5'7" If he were 6,0" he would be well over 215 lbs, so again, your original point was off base.

lol, i look fat.. right... I am not lifting my shoulder or sucking in btw. To each their own.

And Jonathan is only 5'7" If he were 6,0" he would be well over 215 lbs, so again, your original point was off base.

Dude, you asked. No need to get mad that I gave you an honest answer.

And you must have missed my post because I said at 215 lbs Evans would have either looked fat or like John Cena. Fat if he didn't work out enough, Cena if he was on his Cap diet/workout routine. Don't be a selective reader, it doesn't help your argument.

For comparison sake, here is Evans as he looked immediately after filming Avengers in February

chris%2Bevans%2Bshirtless%2Bdetails%2Bmag%2B002.jpg

Dude, you asked. No need to get mad that I gave you an honest answer.

And you must have missed my post because I said at 215 lbs Evans would have either looked fat or like John Cena. Fat if he didn't work would enough, Cena if he was on his Cap diet/workout routine. Don't be a selective reader, it doesn't help your argument.

I'm not getting mad. Not sure why you think that. I think it's funny, and it shows how skewed your idea of the word "fat" is. My Dr would tell you I am far from fat, as would anyone I know.

I missed the "or" part of the original post. I don't think he would look like Cena either way though, he has a different body shape all together, differently proportioned. Not to mention Cena is 6'1" and 240 - 251 lbs.

I'm not getting mad. Not sure why you think that. I think it's funny, and it shows how skewed your idea of the word "fat" is. My Dr would tell you I am far from fat, as would anyone I know.

I missed the "or" part of the original post. I don't think he would look like Cena either way though, he has a different body shape all together, differently proportioned. Not to mention Cena is 6'1" and 240 - 251 lbs.

I'm a military cop who used to run a SRT and teach defensive tactics. Just from looking at your pics I would say you're between 5-10 lbs overweight from passing our tests. Like I said, my definition of fat is different from most. But you asked, so I gave an honest answer.

If you add 25 - 30 lbs of muscle onto Evans' 6'0 frame it would make a huge difference in how he filled out the new suit. Yes, I would say he would look proportionate to John Cena.

Ahhh can't edit comments on a closed thread I gather?

Here's Evans with Hemsworth (who is 6'3). How anything claims Evans is 6'2 is beyond me

Chris+Evans+Chris+Hemsworth+68th+Annual+Golden+nveuvJ_B_Uil.jpg

chris-hemsworth-chris-evans_3491813.jpg

Pretty sure no one said that. People have been saying bale is 6 feet, no one said evans is 6'2. And based on that first image, with evans being 6, Id say hemsworth is a good 6'4

Most of us are fairly new here, or haven't commented in awhile, so something as simple as comparing Evans' physique from his CA days to his Avengers days is a fresh topic to discuss in between news bits. Just because others have discussed it ad nauseum shouldn't stop others from talking about it now if they wish to. That would be rather unfair.

Of course! Not saying no one should. It's just a convo I stay out of... Mostly.

Until the somewhat unapolagetic fangirl in me rears her head and sighs out a response like "But he's still so dreamy!" or something similar like that. So long as Evans' performance knocks it out of the park like he did in TFA, it's all good for me.

I'm a military cop who used to run a SRT and teach defensive tactics. Just from looking at your pics I would say you're between 5-10 lbs overweight from passing our tests. Like I said, my definition of fat is different from most. But you asked, so I gave an honest answer.

If you add 25 - 30 lbs of muscle onto Evans' 6'0 frame it would make a huge difference in how he filled out the new suit. Yes, I would say he would look proportionate to John Cena.

Not sure what tests those would be. I am a martial arts instructor, have been for 15 years. I train with military and police every week in crossfit and martial arts, etc... As I mentioned, I do plan on building out my shoulders and arms more, and by maintaining close my same weight, some thing is going to have to shrink, odds are that will be my mid section.

Dude, peterparker0077, that Jonathan guy looks like Jared Padalecki in the face.

Suzanne, congrates on the baby

and I was just thinkin here, in a sequel, how would you guys like Wasp and Hank characterized? Is there a specific version you'd like brought to screen? or a combination of several?

Not sure what tests those would be. I am a martial arts instructor, have been for 15 years. I train with military and police every week in crossfit and martial arts, etc... As I mentioned, I do plan on building out my shoulders and arms more, and by maintaining close my same weight, some thing is going to have to shrink, odds are that will be my mid section.

To each his own :yay:

and I was just thinkin here, in a sequel, how would you guys like Wasp and Hank characterized? Is there a specific version you'd like brought to screen? or a combination of several?

If they can avoid jerk Hank I would prefer it, personally. As much as I've liked his redemption after Dan Slott took up the character I really have an affinity for EMH Hank. The idealist with a heavy conscience.

Sorry, I just had to post on this...the idea that someone is "fat" if 5 POUNDS overweight is RIDICULOUS! I don't care what you have trained in. You can't even see 5 pounds gain or loss on most men! If you are looking at 5 pounds as fat I would hate to be in a relationship with you and eat the wrong thing. I can gain and lose 5 lbs day to day.

I guess being a powerlifter I just don't get the whole super lean ideology and paying such close attention to that small amount of weight...to each their own.

Oh, and I would say Evans and Bale are both 5'11". Hemsworth is 6'3". Hiddelston is 6'2". Ruffalo looks 5'7", Downey Jr. 5'7", Renner 5'8.5, ScarJo 5'3"

Sorry, I just had to post on this...the idea that someone is "fat" if 5 POUNDS overweight is RIDICULOUS! I don't care what you have trained in. You can't even see 5 pounds gain or loss on most men! If you are looking at 5 pounds as fat I would hate to be in a relationship with you and eat the wrong thing. I can gain and lose 5 lbs day to day.

I guess being a powerlifter I just don't get the whole super lean ideology and paying such close attention to that small amount of weight...to each their own.

Sorry, maybe I should have explained that I meant five to ten pounds of fat over five to ten pounds of muscle. Five to ten pounds of muscle is only slightly noticeable (in person and more so on film) but five to ten pounds of fat is.

And we don't have any powerlifters on our teams so I really have no idea how you guys gauge fitness goals based on us, but we promote very low bodyfat. Most of my guys chalk in around 5'11/180 lbs with 10 BFP to maximize agility of movement and violence of action. Don't know if that helps your comparison.

You've turned a 180! Good job.

You've turned a 180! Good job.

Haha when was I every about not discussing old news and recycled opinions? Unfounded speculation is what I've always said could be avoided with a "confirmed news/debunked rumors" section so new people can catch up

I'm still curious what "tests" those would be that say I'm 5 to 10 lbs over weight. Are those the same tests that tell all the anorexic girls on the magazine covers that they look healthy? lol, just teasin.

In all seriousness, people are built different. Not everyone who is 5'11" is at their prime at 180 lbs. If I were to get down to 180 lbs, I'd loose a lot of muscle mass. I know, I use to be 175-180 for several years. I'm in better shape than I was then, I can do more, and I feel much healthier at 215. But that is me. Btw, I am also a gymnast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"