The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting mad. Not sure why you think that. I think it's funny, and it shows how skewed your idea of the word "fat" is. My Dr would tell you I am far from fat, as would anyone I know.

My wife just said that you don't look fat.:cwink:

I'm still curious what "tests" those would be that say I'm 5 to 10 lbs over weight. Are those the same tests that tell all the anorexic girls on the magazine covers that they look healthy? lol, just teasin.

In all seriousness, people are built different. Not everyone who is 5'11" is at their prime at 180 lbs. If I were to get down to 180 lbs, I'd loose a lot of muscle mass. I know, I use to be 175-180 for several years. I'm in better shape than I was then, I can do more, and I feel much healthier at 215. But that is me. Btw, I am also a gymnast.

Our basic physical ability tests just to be accepted to teams training are:

500-meter surface swim (uniform, no gear) under 12 minutes

20-meter Underwater Swim (uniform, no gear)

1.5-mile run under 12 minutes (uniform, no gear)

12 Chin-ups under 1 minute (full gear)

50 4-count Flutter-Kicks under 2 minutes (uniform, no gear)

40 4-count Push-ups under 2 minutes (uniform, no gear)

70 Sit-ups under 2 minutes (uniform, no gear)

100-meter High crawl under 1 minute (full gear w/ gas mask)

100-meter 200 lb dummy drag under 1 minute (full gear)

200 lb dummy carry Two flights of stairs up/down under 2 minutes (full gear)

Once the test is initiated the events take place consecutively with a three minute break between each. Participants are allowed one 10 minute break at their choosing. Try it out, it's pretty intense :yay:

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: I MEAN TRY IT IF YOU'RE ALREADY IN GOOD SHAPE!

Our basic physical ability tests just to be accepted to teams training are:

500-meter surface swim (uniform, no gear) under 12 minutes

20-meter Underwater Swim (uniform, no gear)

1.5-mile run under 12 minutes (uniform, no gear)

12 Chin-ups under 1 minute (full gear)

50 4-count Flutter-Kicks under 2 minutes (uniform, no gear)

40 4-count Push-ups under 2 minutes (uniform, no gear)

70 Sit-ups under 2 minutes (uniform, no gear)

100-meter High crawl under 1 minute (full gear w/ gas mask)

100-meter 200 lb dummy drag under 1 minute (full gear)

200 lb dummy carry Two flights of stairs up/down under 2 minutes (full gear)

Once the test is initiated the events take place consecutively with a three minute break between each. Participants are allowed one 10 minute break at their choosing. Try it out, it's pretty intense :yay:

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: I MEAN TRY IT IF YOU'RE ALREADY IN GOOD SHAPE!

I've done it myself.
It kills.

Very cool. The only one I haven't done in awhile would be the 500 meter swim. I think I could do the rest. Sounds like a great crossfit work out. But I'm still not sure how this would tell me I'm 5 to 10 lbs overweight.

A bit random, but saw it on Tumblr...
tumblrm1f71xsmdw1rs1czy.jpg

Very cool. The only one I haven't done in awhile would be the 500 meter swim. I think I could do the rest. Sounds like a great crossfit work out. But I'm still not sure how this would tell me I'm 5 to 10 lbs overweight.

I didn't say you were not physically unfit. You asked if I thought you looked fat for your height and weight and I said, yes, I thought you did when comparing it to the standards I am familiar with. In those pictures you have an inflated midsection with pronounced love handles while wearing a figure forming suit (which, like Under Armor gear, makes you look thinner than you are). That, to me in my own personal opinion, means you can stand to loose 5 - 10 lbs of bodyfat. Again, you asked, and I gave my honest opinion. Why ask my opinion if you didn't want honesty?

I have this movie
220px-UltimateAvengers.jpg

Somebody recomends me to see it?

Is it just me or do Jacksom and Hemsworth look pretty much the same now?

I have this movie
220px-UltimateAvengers.jpg

Somebody recomends me to see it?

I didn't know that and UA2 came out until way later when I bought them at the same time. They're very kid friendly and some scenes are well done but overall I think they are too drastic a departure from the Ultimates comics to be really enjoyable. Just my 2 cents.

OMG... that is HILARIOUS

Hemsworth looks the same, just shorter with no beard.

RDJ looks so different, though. And Evans wasn't lying when he says he was scrawny when he was a kid.
It took me a while to realize the kid in the bottom right was Renner.

@DyeLorean
I have it, it's pretty good.

Also, getting really tired of self-important people slapping watermarks on things that don't really need watermarks. It's not like the dude took all those pictures or did much of anything that anyone couldn't do with ten minutes of google and mspaint.

I didn't say you were not physically unfit. You asked if I thought you looked fat for your height and weight and I said, yes, I thought you did when comparing it to the standards I am familiar with. In those pictures you have an inflated midsection with pronounced love handles while wearing a figure forming suit (which, like Under Armor gear, makes you look thinner than you are). That, to me in my own personal opinion, means you can stand to loose 5 - 10 lbs of bodyfat. Again, you asked, and I gave my honest opinion. Why ask my opinion if you didn't want honesty?

"Inflated mid section with pronounced love handles" .. lol.. you do know what core muscles are right? I use to have a much narrower waist line, but with crossfit, my mid section actually built up and increased my waist size as I gained muscle mass. My core is much stronger. I good test of this for myself with the heigth of my back tucks. I can do them much higher now than before because my core is stronger.

Are you going to say these guys have inflated mid sections with pronounced love handles? lol

image0001.jpg

that takes a lot of time with MSpaint, GIMP could do it if ya know how to make Polaroids in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"