The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've also seen the heroes fighting each other in the trailers too.
Towards the beginning there's a fight between the big three. Which makes narrative sense. Cap and Stark fighting at the end does not

Towards the beginning there's a fight between the big three. Which makes narrative sense. Cap and Stark fighting at the end does not

None whatsoever.

Ultimatehero got some stuff wrong. For starters Iron Man never killed Cap in the comics. I don't know where he gets off saying that.

Not saying there isn't some conflict but I don't think this can go right into a Civil War story. For the story they are trying to tell and going right into Civil War for a sequel makes no sense.

I don't know what to say other than probably happens in like an epilogue sense. Like Iron Man does something that almost costs them their mission or something. Just trusting this because it kinda came through RDJ himself with Sherlock connections. I don't have the details other than there is a brawl between them towards the end. Also I never said Civil War was part of what I heard, it was a theory I came up with. Also thought Iron Man had some part behind Cap's death thus his guilt.

I still can't get why they would be fighting at the end of the movie. Presumably the team would still be trying to defeat the invaders at that point, so what sense would it make for Cap and Iron Man to get into it? If they do start senselessly fighting while chaos rages around them then I hope the Hulk beats both of their asses for being so stupid. :rolleyes:

I don't see it happening either

It's kind of illogical to believe the movie would go out on such a sour note.

It's not logical

Either way, I'm seeing the movie in 9 days so I'll let you know :yay:

Near the end is the key. As I'm right after [BLACKOUT]Loki escapes the Helicarrier and Iron Man fails to stop him[/BLACKOUT]. I'd expect everyone to be pointing fingers at everyone after that.

I don't know what to say other than probably happens in like an epilogue sense. Like Iron Man does something that almost costs them their mission or something. Just trusting this because it kinda came through RDJ himself with Sherlock connections.

An epilogue that would further expand the MCU wouldn't show Cap and Tony duking it out for leadership of The Avengers.

I don't know what to say other than probably happens in like an epilogue sense. Like Iron Man does something that almost costs them their mission or something. Just trusting this because it kinda came through RDJ himself with Sherlock connections. Also I never said Civil War was part of what I heard, it was a theory I came up with. Also thought Iron Man had some part behind Cap's death thus his guilt.

This doesn't make any sense. They are on a separate mission at the end? I don't get it. From the pictures we saw it appears things are cordial within the group.

The guilt was probably over beating Cap in the Civil War and taking him into a custody and putting him in the position where he got "shot." But that was a Red Skull conspiracy who brainwashed Sharon Carter into shooting Cap. But Cap was never dead and wasn't shot with real bullets. Red Skull stole Cap's body so he could make it his new body.

As said, details - I'm unsure of. Just "brawl towards the end." What causes it, where it is, how it ends - I don't know. Other than, as said, the whole RDJ connection - working affiliations - hearing it through there.

Meh that is way too vague Ultimatehero. A brawl could mean an argument and not a real brawl.

The movie looks to be about very different people who don't really get a long putting things aside and coming together and things somehow some way work out.

I think you've been April fooled.

Civil War's just not very interesting.

Ok just managed to pick up that novelization that was floating around a while back.. unfortunately it ends at the same point as earlier.

It's set to hit shelves April 3rd, I found a copy at K-mart.

It's this book:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Avengers-Assemble/dp/1423153979

90% of it is a summation of the films leading up to the Avengers.

Pg 129 - Selvig studies the Tessaract. One day it started activating itself.

Pg 130 - Fury calls a meeting. Selvig says the Tessaract is pulling energy into itself, and emitting low levels of gamma radiation. Selvig is worried it may become a black hole by how much energy it is pulling into itself.

Pg 131 - Barton is supposed to be watching Selvig closely. He's in the crow's nest watching, says his eyesight is better from up there. Fury lectures him. Hawkeye says no one has come into contact with the Tessaract. He says it's not being tampered with by anyone on this side of the doorway. Cube starts glowing and spinning tearing a hole in the air, showing stars. Loki crawls out of the hole, gaunt, weary.

Pg 132 - Loki starts firing on agents. Fury orders Agents to move in. Loki touches Selvig's heart and Barton's with his staff and their eyes go white, then black and then back to normal and start looking vacantly into space. Hill is convinced they have 13 minutes before the whole facility gets sucked into the vortex. Hawkeye fires an arrow into Fury's Kevlar.

Pg 133 - Loki grabs the Tessaract and flees with Selvig and Hawkeye in an SUV. Hill puts out the call that Loki has stolen the Tessaract and chases after them in an SUV. Hawkeye fires an explosive arrow which flips Hill's vehicle. Fury takes off in a helicopter after them but Hawkeye shoots it down.

Pg 134 - Fury escapes before it explodes

Pg 135-136 - Cap is learning about the new world he's emerged into. Grainy war footage versus today's modern LCDs. He does some digging and finds out that Peggy is still alive.

Pg 137 - Overwhelmed he steps outside to clear his head. Cars are sleek, more congested traffic. He doesn't drink, and decides to get some coffee, but can't fathom paying more than a few cents for it, much less what they charge now. He ends up in front of Stark Tower.

Pg 138 - Waitress asks if he's there to see him. "Who?" "Iron Man. People come in here and sit all day waiting to see him fly by. You can stay here all day too" (flirting with Steve) "We have Wifi" "Is that radio?" Waitress smiles and shakes her head no. Stan Lee (presumably) "Get her number, you moron!" (an old man at a table across from him). He finishes up, returns to the gym to work off steam.

Pg 139 - Fury tells Cap that the Tessaract was stolen.

Pg 140 - Black Widow in Russia, tied to a chair, surrounded by 3 men. Thug's phone rings, it's Coulson. He says they have their coordinates and will descend on them if she's not on the phone right now. "What is it? I'm working" "Hold on."

Pg 141 - She wiggles out of her ropes. "I was getting good information out of these guys. Where do you need me?" Coulson says Barton has been compromised. "We need you to bring in the big guy" "Tony Stark trusts me as far as he can throw me" "No, I've got Stark. The BIG guy." "Oh, boy."

Pg 142 - Iron Man shoots from below the surface of the river and soars towards Manhattan. PR campaign is a success, Stark Tower - NY's newest skyscraper would be lit up for the first time tonight. The first building to run on self sustaining energy

Pg 143 - Tony gives Pepper the word and lights up the building. Jarvis informs Tony that Coulson is on the line for him. Stark hangs up on Jarvis.

Pg 144 - Stark lands. TV screen turns on, Coulson overrides Jarvis' security "I need to speak with you urgently" Stark turns off the TV. Coulson steps out into the room. Stark sighs. "Security." Coulson hands him a suitcase "I need you to look at this as soon as possible" Pepper grabs it when Tony refuses to. "I thought Fury scrapped this whole Avengers Initiative thing, and anyway, I didn't qualify" Coulson explains the nature of the threat. This isn't the Avengers Initiative, it was a response team. "Semantics." Pepper shushes Tony.

Pg 145 - Inside the briefcase, was holographic images with info on Cap, Hulk, Thor and Tony. Also info on the Tessaract.

Pg 146 - Banner in Calcutta. Pestilence everywhere. He's treating two children.

Pg 147 - Girl runs in saying her father has the same disease. He's not waking up, has a fever and is moaning. She offers money but Bruce refuses. He grabs his kit and follows the girl. Girl keeps a fast pace and Bruce has trouble keeping up. She leads him to the cabin from the trailer. He enters as she jumps out the window.

Pg 148 - Banner realizes he's been tricked. Natasha steps out. Bruce realizes SHIELD has finally tracked him down. "How did SHIELD find me" "We never lost you. I'm here, alone, on behalf of SHIELD. We need you to come in" She says they are aware he's been two years without an incident. They don't want the Hulk, they need Banner. She explains that the Tessaract was stolen and is leaking gamma radiation. Their tools can't track it as the energy leaked is too weak for it to show up.

Pg 149 - "Stop lying to me!" Natasha is startled and braces for a confrontation with the Hulk. Bruce laughs, "That was mean! Couldn't resist. What if I say no?" "Then I will persuade you." "What if the other guy says no?" Both are deadly silent for a bit. Finally Bruce says, "If Fury wants me, we both know he's going to get me either way" "The situation is contained" Natasha says into her walkie talkie. "So we were alone, huh?" Natasha shrugs as the thirty plus agents outside lower their weapons.

Pg 150 - Coulson is silent. He idolizes Cap. They're on the Quinjet. He's starstruck, in awe. Steve isn't used to the adoration, he wore a mask during the war and rarely came face to face with the public. Coulson tries small talk, eventually evolving into a lively conversation then the quinjet lands on the Helicarrier.

Pg 151 - They're greeted by Bruce and Natasha. Bruce is in awe as well, he's fascinated by Steve's cryogenic suspension. Steve doesn't have much to offer in the way of details. Natasha keeps to herself, lurking, uneasy with all that's happening. The ship starts to rumble and transforms into the flying helicarrier. Very loud noises until Fury shows up with a noise dampener.

Pg 152-153 - "Thank you all for coming" He turns to Banner and says, "As soon as the Tessaract is back in SHIELD hands, you can go. I'm not going to keep you here." Bruce half believes him and smiles. "The cube is emmiting gamma radiation and no one knows better about that than you" Coulson gives Banner access to any device connected to a satelitte that SHIELD has. They set him up with a lab. Banner finds the Tessaract quickly in Stuttgart, Germany. "Got it!"

Pg 154 - Loki is in the square, taking in the city. The music, the sights, admiring architecture then slips into the back of the museum. Loki descends the stairs, as his suit morphs into his armor.

Pg 155 - Loki amuses himself by firing on people with his staff. A guard confronts him and Loki commands him to kneel and he can't resist. Multiple Lokis appear. He shouts for the crowd to kneel. Cap refuses "I do not kneel to men like you" "There are no men like me" "There are ALWAYS men like you" Loki fires at Cap..

Pg 156 - .. only for it to get deflected by Cap's shield. "Ah the super soldier from the Great War" "It wasn't that great" "Mine will be" Natasha is overhead piloting the Quinjet but can't fire because the square is crowded with people. "I'll get this one" Cap and Loki exchange blows, Cap keeps bouncing back

Pg 157 - Natasha keeps trying to find a clear shot, when her radio is filled with static, which then turns to heavy metal. Stark has arrived. "Hello Tony" Stark blasts Loki's staff out of his hands. Stark shows off his new armor with has every weapon imaginable. Loki smiles and surrenders. "Good move" "Mr Stark." "Captain."

Pg 158 - Back in quinjet. Fury orders them back. They'll look for the Tessaract later. Clouds start forming. Loki looks nervous.

Pg 159 - "What's the matter, you scared of lightning" says Cap to Loki. "I am not overly fond of what follows" Thor lands on top of the jet. Cap and Iron Man suit up. Natasha recognizes Thor from SHIELD files. Tony wants the gangway open. Cap says he might be friendly. "Doesn't matter if he's come to rescue our prisoner" As the ramp opens partially, a set of hands pries it open the rest of the way. Thor flings Mjolnir into Iron Man sending him crashing into Cap.

Pg 160 - Thor grabs Loki and leaves. Tony and Cap look at each other as Tony flies off after them. Widow tells Cap maybe he should sit this one out. He salutes and jumps out of the plane. Loki "With Bifrost destroyed, Odin must have used all of his power to get you here"

Pg 161 "We thought you were dead. We mourned. Our father.." "YOUR father, did he not tell you my true heritage?" "Loki, we were raised together, played together, fought together. Do you remember none of this?" "What I remember is growing up in your shadow" "You must return to Asgard. We will talk to the Allfather.." "I am not going anywhere. If Asgard can't be mine, then I shall rule over Midgard" "You know nothing of ruling" Things are getting heated. Iron Man arrives clobbering Thor at this point. Thor responds in kind. Tony's circuits go wild. Tony is taking a beating.

Pg 162 - His armor begins to shut down. Thor calls upon the lightning to zap Stark. The suit gets super powered, 400 percent. They go back to fighting. Thor shoots a warning glance at Loki to not even think about leaving. Cap arrives in the middle of the two urging diplomacy.

Pg 163 - Thor responds by smashing Cap, who blocks it with his shield generating a sonic boom. All four are knocked back by the explosion. "Are we done here?" says Cap. Thor takes Loki back to the ship, as Loki smirks. After SHIELD gets what they want from Loki, he'll return to Asgard to pay for his ways.

Pg 165 - Loki taunts Banner. Fury intervenes and shows off the features of the cell -- showing how it can be dropped from 30,000 feet.

Pg 166 - Coulson radios in that Barton and Selvig have been found. Once Loki was defeated, the hynopsis wore off.

The book ends at this point. There's color inserts, but they've all been shown by this point. Once caption under Maria Hill's states that she keeps Fury in check and pilots the helicarrier.

Last edited:
moz-screenshot.png

Regarding how Thor gets to earth. Could it be that Odin uses

The purple space infinity gem to transport Thor to earth, and by using the gem it alerts Thanos to the location of the gauntlet?

406px-IGems.jpg

Meh that is way too vague Ultimatehero. A brawl could mean an argument and not a real brawl.

The movie looks to be about very different people who don't really get a long putting things aside and coming together and things somehow some way work out.

I think you've been April fooled.

We already know they all scuffle with each other throughout the first 3/4 of the film. But saying that Cap and Tony throw blows at each other at the end for no valid reason would ruin the movie for many people. Doesn't make sense.

April Fool's it is

Ok. Ok. Since this has gone on for five pages or three or what not lol. Never imagined it to get that far actually. An hour sure, but starting a whole debate over Civil War? Now that? Was cool! Vile is right on one account. It is April Fools. But, he is wrong on the other - I wasn't the one who heard it. I'm the one who started it. Proud member of Loki's army.... unsure why a couple of guys pages back did somewhat believe me though...

Ok. Ok. Since this has gone on for five pages or three or what not lol. Never imagined it to get that far actually. An hour sure, but starting a whole debate over Civil War? Now that? Was cool! Vile is right on one account. It is April Fools. But, he is wrong on the other - I wasn't the one who heard it. I'm the one who started it. Proud member of Loki's army.... unsure why a couple of guys pages back did somewhat believe me though...
Not sure why anyone believed you, either

Not sure why anyone believed you, either

That part of me having connections in Hollywood is true, anyone checking my prior posts can see that. I'm just nowhere near Paramount lol. I'd more readily hear about DC properties first than anything else, per se.

Congrats on losing any bit of credibility from the very few people who believed you

joker-clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back