The Dark Knight Rises The Bane's/Hardy's size thread.

I'm here to give my 2 Cents on this subject of Hardy's size and Bane. I've been a big fan of Bane since that Vengence of .. issue in '93. His comic image is iconic to the character. You see a huge ripped guy with a Spawn mask, that's Bane. haha I kid on the Spawn mask (shhhh...I honestly don't...I call it the Spawn mask). His image said, if one person could ever break Batman, it would be Bane.

But here's the deal, there's so much more to Bane than his image! He's brillent and ruthless in the mind. His background in jail, his rising of power in Gotham, discovering who Batman was and all the things he did to make that work. For Nolan's Bane, I think that is more important to the film than just an over pumped guy in a Spawn mask. Hardy's size is pretty big and decent for a 'realistic' Bane. His shape may not be ripped to shreads, but his build is intemidating. Compared to Comic Bane, Hardy Bane is very short. That's a given, and a taller actor could have bulled that off, but I honestly think Hardy's acting is suited better over many 'tall ripped' actors out there.

Pro Wrestlers are tall and massive, many COULD portray the "look" of Bane. But Wrestlers perform differently than actors. Nolan's Bane gives us a trade off. We get a pretty intense and genuin personality Bane, with the image of a average man overly built. Seeing a genuin comic BANE brought to life would be insane, but put into context of Nolan films, I'm not going to have a problem believing Hardy's Bane is genuin enough. He has an intense look, a dramatic voice, and from what I see, his personality is that of a genius with power. I'm cool with that.

From what I see, Bane looks like Bane to me. Imagewise, it's different, but still intense enough for me to believe the guy means complete business. I really only care now for his background and what lead him to Gotham.

Thx for your addition, ABleedingcorpse.

I would be scared *****less of this Bane if he was standing in front of me, that's for sure.

Even if they couldn't get a big Brock Lesnar type that can act, the technology to put Hardy's performance on a different scale body exist. Look at puny Steve Roger in Cap America, the twins in Social Network or the Dwarf's in Snow White and Thor

Bane's size has been greatly exaggerated since Knightfall. In that story arc he is no more bigger than Batman, and if he is it's only slightly; and I believe this includes the venom in his system, as well.

The 8-foot behemoth is an interesting sight, but not only is it too silly for my tastes, but why is it even necessary that he be that big in the first place? Because having him the size of an elephant or small building makes him much more of a threat than in the original version? For Bane, I don't buy into that at all.

Size doesn't make the character for me, it's his mentality, his personality, his ruthlessness, his cunning. Tom Hardy may be 5'9 or 5'10, but if he can still rip your head off then his height shouldn't matter in the slightest, because the cerebral animal is still intact.

It's just one of these little, insignificant details that matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

Hardys not a bad size but as Ive said over and over he is by no means big, jacked or bulky. Im actually fine with his size but when people call that big it makes me laugh I can walk into any gym and immediately point out atleast 5 dudes right off the bat that are double the size of Hardy.

attachment

FOUND BEASTMODE UP HERE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS.....

Hardys not a bad size but as Ive said over and over he is by no means big, jacked or bulky. Im actually fine with his size but when people call that big it makes me laugh I can walk into any gym and immediately point out atleast 5 dudes right off the bat that are double the size of Hardy.
On the contrary, hardy is actually quite big. His torso is bulky and his gigantic traps only add to that animalistic quality. Sure, his arms arent that big, but arm size alone should not be the criteria for being "big". Youre free to disagree of course but his size is intimadating enough for me.

Great acting is always more intimidating than muscles. That's why you think Max Cady can beat the hell out any Van Damme character. It's movie magic.

cady.jpg

On the contrary, hardy is actually quite big. His torso is bulky and his gigantic traps only add to that animalistic quality. Sure, his arms arent that big, but arm size alone should not be the criteria for being "big". Youre free to disagree of course but his size is intimadating enough for me.

These are pretty much my thoughts on his size as well. His arms are fine. Those traps of his really stand out though...they really look inhuman from some angles. :wow: (the shirtless Bane pic for example)

Great acting is always more intimidating than muscles. That's why you think Max Cady can beat the hell out any Van Damme character. It's movie magic.

Exactly.

Anyone that has seen Bronson knows for a fact that Hardy can be as intimidating as ****. I'm a comic book purist myself but come on, Bane is more than a big guy and Hardy is a brilliant choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvGud6rT0cs

He practically plays Bane here.

No one has answer my questions on the original Bane thread. I swear you guys are all a bunch of size queens.

You talkin about the late Jeep Swenson? :o

Hardy actually only weighs 2 lbs more than Bale for this film. Bale needed to be 190 lbs for batman and Hardy weighs 192 for Bane which in article, he said this is the biggest he's ever been. Hardy obviously isn't as toned as Bale which makes him look 20+ lbs heavier when it is really 2.

I am an inch taller than Hardy, but am at 205 lbs. right now. but I plan on getting up to 215 lbs for Halloween time.

Hardy actually only weighs 2 lbs more than Bale for this film. Bale needed to be 190 lbs for batman and Hardy weighs 192 for Bane which in article, he said this is the biggest he's ever been. Hardy obviously isn't as toned as Bale which makes him look 20+ lbs heavier when it is really 2.

what makes Hardy look bigger than Bale is Hardy is 5'10" and Bale is 6'1". 3 inches in height makes up a big difference for muscle mass. the shorter you are, the bigger you look.

what makes Hardy look bigger than Bale is Hardy is 5'10" and Bale is 6'1". 3 inches in height makes up a big difference for muscle mass. the shorter you are, the bigger you look.

Not necessarily, not without good proportions. Being shorter could also make you look stockier and squatter with more muscle, especially if your head is relatively large in proportion to the rest of you. Whereas tall, lean, and well proportioned people like Hugh Jackman or Chris Hemsworth 'wear' their muscle better and it actually accentuates their height. Hardy was about as muscular and as toned as could be in Warrior, but it didn't make him look tall. It made him look more like a brick...shorter but rock-solid. A simple 2" or so of lifts in Hardy's shoes helps amongst a crowd to give you the sense of being the same height, and he is muscular enough to five the sense of great physicality. He looks 'big enough' without being a towering monolith. But just looking at the character onscreen, you wouldn't think he was as big as the onscreen Thor or Wolverine.

It also helps that Bale himself doesn't look very tall in these movies, especially as he's been surrounded by the likes of Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Rutger Hauer, Aaron Eckhart, and Liam Neeson. So right away, Bane doesn't have to be huge to be a physical match for this medium-sized Batman.

Bale is barely 6' himself.

darkknightrisespromoposter4.jpg

Hardy is definitely big enough on his own. An example would be that clip of him climbing down that rope. He's jacked in that clip. But I still think they'll employ artificial ways to make him look bigger in some scenes. I've already seen them add veins to his head in the outdoor fight scene but I imagine they'll be adding veins to his arms too, like how they are shown in this promo picture. The veins will make him look more muscular and emphasize the venom concept.

I agree with a previous poster that said Hardy's arms look small when he drops the broken cowl, especially against the somewhat bulky vest. I'm curious to see if they do anything else to make him appear bulkier during major fight scenes. It's not an insult to Hardy's size really. It'd be pretty damn hard to look swole during an entire day of shooting. I think the 300 guys used spray tans to make them look bulkier. Bane is looking too pale to cheat like that though.

Edit: sorry, I would have made that picture way smaller if I knew how lol...

Isn't that the stuntman?

tumblr_m5tulz9vjN1r8datvo1_500.gif

That is.....entirely possible. I wouldn't doubt that Hardy's back/shoulders are that big though. It's really just his arms that appear relatively small sometimes.

note: you shouldn't look at the picture for too long or you'll get super sick like I just did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"