The Dark Knight Rises The Bane's/Hardy's size thread.

Im talking about any normal man who lifts weights on a normal basis with a steady protein diet.
I concur. Someone else said that Tom's arms look really skinny in the scene where he drops Batman's mask...yes they do.

I'm really hyped for this film but every film has its flaws/imperfections...Bane could have been bigger, but he looks big enough in certain scenes (Bane climbing down the rope) and Tom's also a great actor...I want to see him deliver. Im dying to watch his delivery.

I'm curious to see how they're going to handle Banes "strength". There has got to be something more to him because as big as Bane looks in the film, along with fighting skills, he is not the be all end all of strong men. Surely there is someone, if not many who could take Bane physically on. It's going to be interesting to see how Nolan has chosen to characterize his immense strength without losing too much realism..

I'm curious to see how they're going to handle Banes "strength". There has got to be something more to him because as big as Bane looks in the film, along with fighting skills, he is not the be all end all of strong men. Surely there is someone, if not many who could take Bane physically on. It's going to be interesting to see how Nolan has chosen to characterize his immense strength without losing too much realism..

Actually, the strongest weightlifters tend not to be as big as one would think and bodybuilders are not as strong as people think. Training for size is a very different thing than training for true strength. This guy won the gold medal in the heavyweight class at Beijing:

Olympics+Day+10+Weightlifting+Koe5BKmVvXGl.jpg

As you can tell, he's not your stereotypical image of strength. My first thoughts on seeing Hardy's physique for this film was that of an Olympic weightlifter or a competitive powerlifter. It is possible that Nolan will not give his strength any explanation.

However, I assume Bane's strength will probably be tied to his mask. His pain medication could be explained as steroidal in his make-up. Steroids are often used for pain and inflammation. However, those tend to be different than anabolic steroids. It might alsohave to do with the neurological aspects of the medication. Strength has a CNS proponent and training for competitive weightlifting is as much about training one's central nervous system as training one's muscles. Bane's pain medication could be explained as allowing him to push himself further than naturally possible because of the effects it has on his nervous system.

He certainly looked big enough to me in this film.

Like....much bigger than everyone.

And then...it turns out he's really just a big Teddy Bear.

WTF?

:oldrazz:

"What a beautiful voice"
Yeah on the size note he looked pretty damn big. When Gordon is taken down to his sewer HQ he looks tremendous.

What I like is people are trying to find holes in the plot, but no one has mentioned how bane eats.

Oh, and bane looked big enough for me

Seriously though, he looked 6' 4" and built like a linebacker this.

Like it was Brian Urlacher in the mask.

He looked massive in the film. Nolan's not dumb. He wouldn't have included a character this size in the film if he wasn't going to portray him that way.

It's definitely perma-white all over again. Now that the movie is out, nobody seems to care about his size anymore....:oldrazz:

I imagine Hardy had massive lifts in his shoes. Ho tall is he in real life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"