The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

Does anyone know why Riddler has Bruce as one of his targets? It doesn't make sense to me. Corrupt mayor, corrupt DA, corrupt police commisioner, and then Bruce Wayne. It just doesnt fit.

Does anyone know why Riddler has Bruce as one of his targets? It doesn't make sense to me. Corrupt mayor, corrupt DA, corrupt police commisioner, and then Bruce Wayne. It just doesnt fit.
Basically the Waynes were involved in some kinduuuuuh corrupt **** or sum'n ig idk

Basically the Waynes were involved in some kinduuuuuh corrupt **** or sum'n ig idk
Yea, his parents I get but why would riddler try to kill bruce? Going after Bruce for Thomas' sins doesn't make sense. It doesn't really add up because if Riddler felt he had to kill the corrupt person's family or whatever, he would've killed Don Mitchell's son too.

Last edited:
Well my friend told me that Riddler had a pregnant wife and their apartment got demolished or something so she died and he blames the Waynes or something? If that's true that's actually hella disappointing for a Riddler motivation if you ask me

Like I was really hoping that they'd pull from the abusive father aspect of his origin or something, is there ANY suggestion at all that that could come up???

Well my friend told me that Riddler had a pregnant wife and their apartment got demolished or something so she died and he blames the Waynes or something? If that's true that's actually hella disappointing for a Riddler motivation if you ask me

Like I was really hoping that they'd pull from the abusive father aspect of his origin or something, is there ANY suggestion at all that that could come up???
Was your friend at a screening or were they just saying rumors? I feel like he was orphan and thats a big part of him being a sort of mirror to bruce.

That's a fake leak from back in the day I'm pretty sure so don't worry.

Yea, his parents I get but why would riddler try to kill bruce? Going after Bruce for Thomas' sins doesn't make sense. It doesn't really add up because if Riddler felt he had to kill the corrupt person's family or whatever, he would've killed Don Mitchel's son too.
Does a psychopath need a logical reason? If Riddler snapped at some point his deranged mind could blame Bruce for stuff that Bruce couldn't possibly have been involved in.

Does a psychopath need a logical reason? If Riddler snapped at some point his deranged mind could blame Bruce for stuff that Bruce couldn't possibly have been involved in.
I mean yeah, that's possible, but I don't see the riddler doing something like that. He's a bit crazy but he has still planned this out over the course of months maybe years like John Doe from seven. He has reasons for going after every victim we've seen the in the trailers but Bruce just doesn't make sense to me. I cant see him just snapping and going after Bruce becuase he feels like it.

This is completely false. I saw no such thing.

Is the Riddler actually trying to kill Bruce? Seems like a Joker type deal in TDK based on what I've seen of clips and trailers, where he's trying to get at Bruce/Batman. Killing would be too easy.

I mean yeah, that's possible, but I don't see the riddler doing something like that. He's a bit crazy but he has still planned this out over the course of months maybe years like John Doe from seven. He has reasons for going after every victim we've seen the in the trailers but Bruce just doesn't make sense to me. I cant see him just snapping and going after Bruce becuase he feels like it.

He almost killed a entire crowd of people who were just paying there respects in the recent clip.

And it seems he didn't care if that Kid got run over either.

His motives may be understandable but his methods are insane.

Not much of a stretch for me personally.

Is the Riddler actually trying to kill Bruce? Seems like a Joker type deal in TDK based on what I've seen of clips and trailers, where he's trying to get at Bruce/Batman. Killing would be too easy.

He lets Gill Colson blow up right in front of Batman.

His goons aim for Batman's head in that smoker scene we see at the end of the bat and the cat trailer.

And from the latest tv spots it seems that both Bruce Wayne and Batman are targets of his.

I think he's definitely trying to kill him but Batman keeps outwitting him.

So Riddler grows to respect Batman.

He lets Gill Colson blow up right in front of Batman.

His goons aim for Batman's head in that smoker scene we see at the end of the bat and the cat trailer.

And from the latest tv spots it seems that both Bruce Wayne and Batman are targets of his.

I think he's definitely trying to kill him but Batman keeps outwitting him.

So Riddler grows to respect Batman.
Then why would do we have multiple letters written directly for batman? Riddlers' respect for batman doesn't grow, it's already there. The Mayor's murder is the first scene in the movie right? Why would he already have a letter addressed to batman at that point if he was trying to kill him?

Then why would do we have multiple letters written directly for batman? Riddlers' respect for batman doesn't grow, it's already there. The Mayor's murder is the first scene in the movie right? Why would he already have a letter addressed to batman at that point if he was trying to kill him?

The Letter contains clues to his next target i assume.

It's a way to force Batman to play his game.

I don't see it as respect at the beginning but more of way to taunt him.

Even Alfred asks "why's he's writing to you"

To be fair, this is just one person's interpretation of what they're hearing. But listen to this hyena laugh that starts this video. It only lasts maybe a second or two, but it's like a low chuckle.

Listening to the laugh at the end of this trailer, I can see how one might be reminded of a hyena's laugh. It's not a cackle, but more of a titter.

I don't think that is Barry at the end of the trailer to be honest. There was a video posted way back in of Barry laughing on a red carpet and it is a high pitched and high tempo giggle in a very classically and immediately recognizably hyena-like fashion.

I suspect his Joker laugh is more along those lines personally (which I am totally down for!)

EDIT: Found it!

Thanks to @Boom for originally posting it on here.

I don't think that is Barry at the end of the trailer to be honest. There was a video posted way back in of Barry laughing on a red carpet and it is a high pitched and high tempo giggle in a very classically and immediately recognizably hyena-like fashion.

I suspect his Joker laugh is more along those lines personally (which I am totally down for!)

EDIT: Found it!

Thanks to @Boom for originally posting it on here.

Barry is going to be so menacing. I think Matt's going to lean in heavily on the horror aspects of Joker

Yes

There are also alleged descriptions of his physical appearance from people who claim to have seen it

Cool. The reason I ask is because *him* being the Joker was kind of the worst kept secret in the industry the last few months(other than Tobey and Andrew I guess haha), but I didn’t know if that was common knowledge yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"