The Dark Knight Rises The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I think 3 months had passed while he was in the prison. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Yeah, Nolan could have shown him having chronic injuries from his back and legs after prison, but I can live with what was not shown. He was a ninja after all.

3. The movie is supposed to be based in a certain amount of realism, but lets not forget this is still a superhero comic BATMAN film lol.

4. "All you had to do is jump over a step" Definitely not that easy. What he had to do was take a blind leap of faith with the only thought that he would make it or die. There was no second chance. He could not make the jumps previously, because he had the rope and the rope symbolized failure and trying to get. To borrow from Star Wars, there is no try. Bruce had to make the jump or die trying. In the jail he learned to live and not fear death in addition to not welcoming death. He had to learn to live and do what he must or die doing so.

That's why the [BLACKOUT]Talia[/BLACKOUT] made it. There was nothing to go back to if [BLACKOUT]she[/BLACKOUT] failed. She was already in hell, dying by living there so it was either make it out or die.
I just did not like the concept of the prison and felt offended. It was very prejudiced to image a prison in a foreign country run by villains, imo, or no government interaction or anything. This is 2012 not 1800. It is a very narrow view of the world. I expected more from Nolan.

Moreover, i think they missed a chance for showing Bruce in need of an exoskeleton for the final Battle, just like he does in Kingdom Come and other Batman comics. They simply ignored his injuries like nothing happened. All he did was have a few push-ups and say "oh im angry"...

Last edited:
Why did you feel the need to point that out when I made clear that it was my own opinion?
I would think it's obvious. My original point was no less valid simply because you didn't like his storytelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"