The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
An odd idea just popped up in my mind and I'm not actually sure he could pull it off, but how about Stephen Merchant for The Joker? It would be interesting to have an actor who's actually great at comedy, and I think he also showed another side in Logan. I like his lanky look for The Joker too.
Stephen-Merchant.jpg

logan-caliban-grenades.jpg

Alex Jennings for Alfred.

161230-irving-the-crown-tease_nh8dqg.jpg

Rylance as Alfred is the best piece of fan casting I’ve heard in a long time :up: He can do formal English butler, mixed with ex-SAS officer standing on his head.

Not feeling any of these at all. I like that they've moved towards a more gruff Earth One Alfred for BvS and Gotham.

That's why I'd prefer

Liam Cunningham
Pierce Brosnan
Timothy Dalton
Sean Bean

All these guys are bad MF's. I can't say the same about Rylance, Merchant or Alex Jennings. I just love the idea of a gruff Alfred raising Bruce. It makes sense.

I hope DC keep Jeremy Irons as Alfred...if anything his portrayal is definitely up there with Sir Michael Caine as being one of the great Alfreds...DC would have to be fools to get rid of Irons

Idealy, yea. If not, then I'd back pretty much any of Rorschach's picks.

"I don't deserve your Alfred"

"No, Sir, you do not."

Not feeling any of these at all. I like that they've moved towards a more gruff Earth One Alfred for BvS and Gotham.

That's why I'd prefer

Liam Cunningham
Pierce Brosnan
Timothy Dalton
Sean Bean

All these guys are bad MF's. I can't say the same about Rylance, Merchant or Alex Jennings. I just love the idea of a gruff Alfred raising Bruce. It makes sense.
I don't mind gruff but there needs to be more warmth than what Irons was showing.

Damn you just tripped me out. That would have been stellar. Maybe Daulton is the next best thing?

I love Dalton; he has such an intensity. He was amazing on Penny Dreadful.

But I feel like he'd be wasted as Alfred. I'd much rather see him play a big bad in a CBM.

Dalton would be the kind of Alfred that I'd like to see play a more active role in Batman's crusade. There's that episode in the animated series where Bruce gets kidnapped by a forced labor camp and Alfred gets to play a hands-on investigative role, and I ****ing loved that. Even if we never see a proper adaptation of Matches Malone, it'd be cool to see Alfred serve some type of similar role. Going out in the field undercover and gathering intel and such. Give him something to do besides wandering around the cave cracking jokes.

He would fit that kind of story for sure. I do agree that he might serve as a better villain though.

For Alfred, I can see him playing a gruff version better than most. But I just miss the warmer, funny side of the character.

Lazenby as... Bob the Goon???

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Jake Gyllenhaal or Oscar Isaac
Alfred Pennyworth - Mark Rylance
Jim Gordon - Kyle Chandler
Selina Kyle - Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Leslie Thompkins - Annette Bening
Harvey Dent - Lee Pace

Fight me, Brenda.

Anyone ever thought of Brad Pitt for Joker? He had a weird, psychotic laugh in Fight Club.

Isaac is a great actor but he's 4 inches too short.

Gyllenhaal is 5'11 while Oscar Isaac is 5'7

Affleck is 6'2 and was the largest Batman on the big screen. Clooney is 5'10, Kilmer is 5'11 or 6'0 while Michael Keaton is 5'9

Ralph Fiennes would be excellent

he was alfred in the lego batman movie so that probably counts him out though.

Affleck is 6'2 and was the largest Batman on the big screen. Clooney is 5'10, Kilmer is 5'11 or 6'0 while Michael Keaton is 5'9

Imagine that I'm Jared Leto's Joker, but instead of having "Damaged" tattooed on my forehead, I long ago got the words "I don't give a **** about height, you guys" tattooed all over my whole face.

Agreed! Peter Dinklage for Batman.

#TeamDinklage

I was waiting for some troll to play the Dinklage card and I'm so satisfied you were that troll.

Maybe you should get it tattooed on your forehead.

Imagine that I'm Jared Leto's Joker, but instead of having "Damaged" tattooed on my forehead, I long ago got the words "I don't give a **** about height, you guys" tattooed all over my whole face.

:lmao:

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"