BvS The Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer/TV Spots Thread - Part 1

Does anyone else think that Supes' powers have been somehow taken away
thus him not using his super speed when charging Batman at the end of the IMAX trailer

I'm thinking it has to do with Kryptonite, but not so much like one would expect. I'm thinking that Batman[BLACKOUT]is wearing Kryptonite encrusted Batgloves[/BLACKOUT]and that is what begins to weaken Superman.

I've been thinking... why Superman seems to have a difficult time (apparently) to carry this aparatus? :hmm

Untitled_1.gif

What happened before?

I think its not due to anything but Superman's power levels in the DCCU; he's strength is only at Herculean level and he has to put effort into lifting, carrying, and fighting as evidence in MOS, and it seems to still be the case here in BvS.

An oil rig is not the same as an aircraft. And in BvS he should be stronger. Remember keep testing your limits? It's just a thought of that gif and why he hadn't superspeed at those 5 seconds. Just theory.

Last edited:
An oil rig is not the same as a aircraft. And in BvS he should be stronger. Remember keep testing your limits? It's just a thought of that gif and why he hadn't superspeed at those 5 seconds. Just theory.

Going by that shot he's already stronger than in MOS. The object would have collapsed on contact with Superman in MOS. See his expression also, he's not screaming or going out of breath.
He may not be the planet moving Superman yet, but he's stronger than in MOS.

There is no sign of Superman being depowered in the extended trailer: they showed it twice.Superman isn't going to go all out against a human.

I transcribed the audio. Let's play ID the voices.

Charlie Rose: Is it really surprising that the most powerful man in the world should be a figure of controversy?

*We as a population on this planet have been looking for a savior.

Neil deGrasse Tyson: We're talking about a being (*Alien) whose very existence (*They are not telling us the truth) challenges our own sense of priority (*This is our planet) in the universe.

(Daily Planet Clark?): Human beings have a horrible awful track record of (*Tragedy) following people with great power.

*Power corrupts and absolute power (*Terror) corrupts absolutely. (*Chaos)

*Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.

Lex Luthor: No, we know better now don't we? (*He's out of control) Devils don't come from hell beneath us. (*They brought their war here) No, they come from the sky.

(Holly Hunter): The world has been so caught up with what he can do that no one has asked what he should do.

Crowd: (Go home, Go home, Go home, Go home,)

Alfred: That's how it starts - the fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel.

Batman: Tell me. Do you bleed? You will.

The horrible track record line does sound like Cavill's American accent from the new movie The Man from UNCLE, and the line does start playing when we see superman

So I guess that leaves Scoot McNairy for the maybe hes just a guy trying to do the right thing line

That's cool man. Thanks.

What I love most, is that it's not playing safe. It's notplaying like your typical blockbuster movie. IT's bold.
Agreed :up:
Exactly and the masses can't take it.

Going by that shot he's already stronger than in MOS. The object would have collapsed on contact with Superman in MOS. See his expression also, he's not screaming or going out of breath.
I hope he won't in this universe :D

The names. Ouch. That's sad. Probably makes Superman feel ashamed when looking at the statue of himself. It's another reminder to the people who watched MOS and the fans that 10,000 people died. Firstly I think that was a terrible way to go in that movie with that being Snyder's choice. Consequently, if it wasn't for Superman getting Zod and his army tracked, they would have never come to Earth. While the 10,000 people who died wasn't Superman's fault personally, he is still the one responsible for letting it happen, which the end, justifies the hate and why the people won't be able to trust Superman.

Letting it happen? Maybe you didn't see how he risked his life to save the whole planet, and maybe you didn't notice it was his first fight ever, and he still went against an army of warriors, because he wanted to save people?

Except that it does NONE of that. Superman DID NOT "let it happen." He's not responsible for Zod's actions in ANY WAY, and the hate for him is in NO WAY "justified."

well said!

MoS is one of a very few movies that people hate for reasons that have nothing to do with what actually happens in the movie, and everything to do with the imagined fan fiction that they have themselves imputed into their memory of it.

E.g - Superman's character is ruined by that scene in which he forces himself on that girl at the drive-in movie. And when he punches the war veteran in the wheelchair.

MoS is one of a very few movies that people hate for reasons that have nothing to do with what actually happens in the movie, and everything to do with the imagined fan fiction that they have themselves imputed into their memory of it.

E.g - Superman's character is ruined by that scene in which he forces himself on that girl at the drive-in movie. And when he punches the war veteran in the wheelchair.

:lmao: and :csad: at the same time, because what you say is true.

There is no sign of Superman being depowered in the extended trailer: they showed it twice.Superman isn't going to go all out against a human.

Well said. It's silly to even discuss fight that wasn't even shown yet but surely Superman isn't there to kill this guy... which will probably give Batman advantage of surprise, he came prepared.

Watch 6:50
He talks about his Superman's strength levels, it's really cool and you can see how Batman actually could take him on given the right equipment. I hope Snyder still has that chart!
[YT]EOJj2zw2goM[/YT]
Small Arms Fire = BB Gun
Cruise Missile = Hit by a 250lbs line backer from 8 feet away
Nuke= ?

So yeah, if anyone else has gotten hit with a BB gun then you know how much that **** hurts!

Well said. It's silly to even discuss fight that wasn't even shown yet but surely Superman isn't there to kill this guy... which will probably give Batman advantage of surprise, he came prepared.

What I find funny though is how trolls are saying Batman fighting Superman is ridiculous, and that Superman would win easily.
So, a multi-billionaire playboy in an advanced technological suit of armour going up against a super-powered being of immense strength...

...yet these same people are drooling over footage of Iron Man fighting the Hulk... hmmm

I'm thinking it has to do with Kryptonite, but not so much like one would expect. I'm thinking that Batman[BLACKOUT]is wearing Kryptonite encrusted Batgloves[/BLACKOUT]and that is what begins to weaken Superman.

Yeah, I think it has to be somewhere either on him or in the environment.

What I find funny though is how trolls are saying Batman fighting Superman is ridiculous, and that Superman would win easily.

Be careful how you throw that term around.

So, a multi-billionaire playboy in an advanced technological suit of armour going up against a super-powered being of immense strength...

...yet these same people are drooling over footage of Iron Man fighting the Hulk... hmmm

Firstly, I am unaware of any footage of Iron Man fighting the Hulk, nor does it interest me.

Secondly, I know very little about the Marvel Universe, but does the Hulk actually move at the speed of light? Or shoot laser beams from his eyes? Because they would appear to be key differences.

Firstly, I am unaware of any footage of Iron Man fighting the Hulk, nor does it interest me.

Secondly, I know very little about the Marvel Universe, but does the Hulk actually move at the speed of light? Or shoot laser beams from his eyes? Because they would appear to be key differences.

I think he is talking in terms of strength.

I've been thinking... why Superman seems to have a difficult time (apparently) to carry this aparatus? :hmm

Untitled_1.gif

What happened before?
That's just how people look. If someone can bench press 350 pounds they'll still look like they are struggling. He's also probably trying to land.

Last edited:

Well... what else would you call them?
I'm getting pretty fed up of reading the comments of people slagging of the film and trailer without knowing the context of what is happening!
There are many variables in which they could fight –*obviously the playing fields has to be levelled somehow in Batman's favour!

Batman might engage in a fight with Superman if he had the aid of warheads, millions of amps of electricity, sonar, and- crucially- kryptonite. That allowed him to fight Superman to a (brief) stalemate in DKR. Alternatively, he could try to neutralise Superman by the threat of some kind of collateral damage, as in Hush and John Byrne's "Man of Steel".

The concept of Batman merely donning a mechanical suit and raising his dukes against a being of Superman's powers is absurd, however, and it is wrong to call someone who subscribes to that view a "troll".

I think it will be more than just the armored suit Regwec. They're smarter than that (I hope).

Which is frightening... to balance Superman's powers is extremely hard (How much is too much?) and it can either make him more interesting or completely destroy the character (as seen in many movies and comic book runs). His natural but not overblown evolution post-MoS is understandable though, and welcomed.

Batman might engage in a fight with Superman if he had the aid of warheads, millions of amps of electricity, sonar, and- crucially- kryptonite. That allowed him to fight Superman to a (brief) stalemate in DKR. Alternatively, he could try to neutralise Superman by the threat of some kind of collateral damage, as in Hush and John Byrne's "Man of Steel".

The concept of Batman merely donning a mechanical suit and raising his dukes against a being of Superman's powers is absurd, however, and it is wrong to call someone who subscribes to that view a "troll".

But you've answered your own question – WE DON'T KNOW the circumstances!
So how can you have 'view' of something you don't know anything about???

When I said 'troll' I wasn't directing anything at you... I never actually ready your individual post – it is directed at the countless comments i've seen on other threads and on Superherohype or Batmannews, so I apologise if you thought I was!

What happened before?

I think its just the film makers understanding that if superman doesnt look like hes exerting strength to lift something it looks fake. So he'll grunt and grimace whether hes lifting a car or a rocket

This Superman isn't as crazy strong. Snyder said a nuke might kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"