The Batsuit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love the mesh matierial showing underneath the armour, especially around the arms. That, and the baggy pants give the overall look a nice ninja influence, which is something I'm always happy with when exhibited on a Bat-suit.

The cowl's a little too extreme for my tastes, and I'm not super-keen on the gear-belt across his torso. Would look great on a Robin, though. Given the choice, I'd take a version of this over the Nolan suits.

3½ out of 5. :D

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of the "baggy pants" suit.

That cgi Batman is pretty horrible. It's like Rob Liefeld drew it and someone made created a cgi version. That thing is ugly as sin.

It just looks so much more like Punisher than it does Batman. The only thing setting it apart, is the cape and cowl, and I'm not even a fan of the cowl.

More cool shots of the Arkham Origins suit..

Last edited:
The A: Origins suit is pretty cool, but I can't deny it's a lot like the Dark Knight batsuit. Personally I would like any new Batman incarnation (whether JLA or a Batman standalone) to at least try and go for its own interpretation of the batsuit.

I feel that something like the A: Origins is more than enough of a departure from the Nolan suits.

The grey colour alone sets it apart.

It doesn't look anything like the Nolan suit.

I do find it weird though. It looks like an upgraded version of the AA/AC suit and this is supposed to be a prequel.

Yeah not to mention it doesn't have the briefs. So technically were supposed to assume somewhere between Origins and asylum batman starts thinking it would be a good idea to put some some underwear on the outside of his suit? haha

Yeah not to mention it doesn't have the briefs. So technically were supposed to assume somewhere between Origins and asylum batman starts thinking it would be a good idea to put some some underwear on the outside of his suit? haha

:lmao:

Yeah the suit doesn't make much sense for a prequel But whatever,Suit is just too f'n beautiful to me!!

I love that they finally fixed the stupid Asylum/City cowl.

Too bad they dumped Kevin Conroy, though.

I've never been a big fan of bulky Batman... and in some of those pics he looks a little too big for me.

Not to mention the second pic gives off a major Christian Bale vibe.

Why is people saying it doesn't make sense for a prequel? It does to me, in a sense the suit in Origins looks more rudimentary and kinda patched up together. One can suppose that as time passed Batman researched for better / newer technology that offered more felxibility and the same (or maybe even more) protection. Now, why he'd decide to include underwear to his newer and better suit for Asylum an AC? That I would not be able to explain lol

I've never been a big fan of bulky Batman... and in some of those pics he looks a little too big for me.

Not to mention the second pic gives off a major Christian Bale vibe.

I agree, looks like a 6'8'' beast in dome pics! He needs to be naturally big, broad (the actor) to carry off a bulky suit - otherwise he will look small, or just a mess (in my opinion) like Chris Evans as Capt.

Something like Man Of steel under armour, with kevlar pads in certain areas. Prehaps a chest plate that mimics the muscles formation, so there is still some 'shape' and not just a plate over abs and chest.

If the worry that the AO suit is more advanced than the AC or AA suit...the explanation can be that in the first two Batman was using something more of a standby suit and that the AO suit is more likely a primary or something.

I find the Origins suit better looking But I think the armored suit from AA&AC is more advanced and so I see that suit more of an upgrade than the Origins one in that regard.

The black briefs is the weird part though!

I don't think Batman should look armored in the next reboot...we know he's wearing armor, but lets not make it obvious...it makes him look more human when you see he's got on armored plates. I like the mystique that Batman might not be human (to the criminals of Gotham).

I don't think Batman should look armored in the next reboot...we know he's wearing armor, but lets not make it obvious...it makes him look more human when you see he's got on armored plates. I like the mystique that Batman might not be human (to the criminals of Gotham).

This has been my position since they started making it obvious in the movies that he's wearing armor. As the suit is meant as a way to intimidate by making Batman seem something other than human, making it look like he's armored kind of defeats that. I still hark back the scene In Batman '89, where an unconscious Batman gets poked in the chest by a Joker thug, and the thug says something like "He's wearing some kinda body armor, he's human, after all".

Yeah true true!

Even in the comics that mystique lasts for a only a bit, probably not even batman's first year. TDK played that well when after begins criminals realized batman was a man.

If batman really wanted to seem like a beast he wouldn't include that mouth opening and would probably actually dress up much more like an actual bat. Besides the begins suit was very armoury but batman arguably never looked more "beastly" in any film. It's more actions that make batman more creature like than appearance.

Even to this day, it's hard not to think of the yellow oval symbol as THE Batman symbol. It was around for a long time, after all. 36 years before the black bat returned to prominence as the standard logo. Now, any time it returns, some other artist comes along and does away with it like it's some affront to the mythos.

The funny thing is, DC/WB's marketing STILL presents Batman in his Grey and Blues with the Oval on most of their products, which just shows you what they think the iconic Batsuit is.

I feel the Black Bat is mainly back due to Frank Miller worship.

Really love the B:AO suit. A definite improvement over its predecessor in almost every way. I never thought I'd say this about a Bat-suit, but the damn thing looks comfy!

It's gotta be those cushioned plates.

The Origins cowl looks great, but, man, I really don't understand the recent fascination with putting a crapload of superfluous armor on Batman. I think it looks god awful. And it's even clunkier when they make him look like he weighs 300 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"