The Batsuit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really loved the Batman Begins armor. More than TDK or TDKR armor, even though I still liked those.

The best change had to be the separation of the cowl from the neck. Making the cowl literally like a helmet, and the neck of the costume connected to the armor itself, really made a huge difference it seemed. So, I think that's something that could be used in the next versions from here on out. Even if we get a spandex-type looking Batman.

I personaly dont like that look, would like to see the full neck mask, I am pretty sure they have the technology to pull it off.
and these r movies so the visual look should be there instead of make them funtional. THESE ARE fantasy not real life.

I like the full neck mask too. It can help in making it look menacing.

But, the complaints about not being able to turn the neck was something constant from Batman '89 to Batman Begins. I don't mind it, but I'd be happy enough with it just to keep those people quiet.

Do they have the tech to make it work, though? I guess the cowl and neck would have to be made of different material, and maybe they could CGI it later so that the material difference isn't obvious. Or making the cowl a cloth material instead? I don't know. Everytime I've seen the full neck mask, in real life, it seems to constrain head movement.

And I mean for behind the scenes purposes. Even if in the next series, within the fiction the cowl and neck is considered one piece, but behind the scenes it's two...that's perfectly fine with me.

I hate to bring up the Blue/Black argument again but look at Arkham City for a good example for the Pro-Blue side of things.

One is black, one is blue. Simple as that.

Nisha.png

I'm going to need to look back on the last few pages for this black/blue debate...

i have no problem with the rubber armor. it looks soo much better then any of the cloth suit suggestions made. i defiently hate the look of the nolan stuff, especially the begins suit. but both the new suits suffer from "egghead" syndrome. the cowl looks rediculous and huge bulbous head with those teeny little mous ears and the mouth opening that squishes his mouth so tight. i just think it looks rediculous. i hope if they make a new movie that the suuit reflects the comics more like the original suits did, tall pointy demon like ears, some kinda musculture, slim and not puffy/bulky i would love to see the oval come back.

I'm not fond of the Nolan look either. It's basically over thought and over wrought. The effect makes him look like a child born from the union of Darth Vader getting drunk and sleeping with Snake Eyes.

Out of the various armorized looks the movies have brought I still think the Bob Ringwood 89 and Returns designs are the best. If it HAS to be armor I'd rather have something along those lines or maybe a design that can be a middle ground between the armor idea and the iconic comicbook look.

Sadly though the Burton movie designs became damaged goods when Schumacher came along and made them put nipples and gianormous codpieces on. It especially doesn't make sense because Warner was wanting something a bit more general audience friendly than the Burton films had been so I don't know how the hell you get from that edict to neon, nipples, and bat-butt shots. Especially not during an age when BTAS was on tv showing how you could do a Batman that both kids and adults could enjoy.

I'm starting to think more and more that if and when Batman gets another reboot, the costume should undergo a similar process to the Man of Steel suit. Since James Achenson who worked on the first three Spider-Man movies (and Daredevil) is working on Man of Steel, I find it as no surprise that Superman's costume underwent a similar process to Spider-Man's black suit from Spider-Man 3.

The pattern printed on the suit has a sheen and an almost "raised" quality to it, though not as much as The Amazing Spider-Man costume. But for Batman, it should have a different pattern from those two suits. Instead of a hexagonal pattern or a chainmail pattern, why not crosshatching of some kind? So it could look like kevlar or a kind of mesh. The cowl should probably be done like Niteowl's from Watchmen since his could actually move.

The cape I'm not sure about. I really like seeing his cape sort of billow in the air, but at the same time, a leather cape looks really menacing. It doesn't have to necessarily be made of leather, but at least something that looks like leather. I'm sure there are lighter materials to make it out of that are less heavy.

That actually doesn't look terrible. :up:

I really loved the Batman Begins armor. More than TDK or TDKR armor, even though I still liked those.

BB had the best suit IMO.

...The pattern printed on the suit has a sheen and an almost "raised" quality to it, though not as much as The Amazing Spider-Man costume. But for Batman, it should have a different pattern from those two suits. Instead of a hexagonal pattern or a chainmail pattern, why not crosshatching of some kind? So it could look like kevlar or a kind of mesh. The cowl should probably be done like Niteowl's from Watchmen since his could actually move.

That sounds pretty damn cool. Especially the part about the texture. :up:

The cape I'm not sure about. I really like seeing his cape sort of billow in the air, but at the same time, a leather cape looks really menacing. It doesn't have to necessarily be made of leather, but at least something that looks like leather. I'm sure there are lighter materials to make it out of that are less heavy.

I could go either way.

I'm not fond of the Nolan look either. It's basically over thought and over wrought. The effect makes him look like a child born from the union of Darth Vader getting drunk and sleeping with Snake Eyes.

Out of the various armorized looks the movies have brought I still think the Bob Ringwood 89 and Returns designs are the best. If it HAS to be armor I'd rather have something along those lines or maybe a design that can be a middle ground between the armor idea and the iconic comicbook look.

Sadly though the Burton movie designs became damaged goods when Schumacher came along and made them put nipples and gianormous codpieces on. It especially doesn't make sense because Warner was wanting something a bit more general audience friendly than the Burton films had been so I don't know how the hell you get from that edict to neon, nipples, and bat-butt shots. Especially not during an age when BTAS was on tv showing how you could do a Batman that both kids and adults could enjoy.

while i agree with most of this, firstly: i dont really consider schumachers batman as any kind of direct "sequel" to burtons. they dont even carry anything from the original films, to me its like an unofficial reboot. they are there own series pretty much. secondly, i never minded the nipples. i never notice them when watching the movie. i dont know why people make such a big deal out of this. but if you look at the design of the suit, the way its so detailed like a real human body, in all honesty, the nipples missing would actually look strange. roman armor i believe had nipples so while im not excusing them, im just saying, thats the look they were going for, that greek body look. in short, its not that big of a deal. i think fanboys bring this up way too much in order to bash schumacher. i enjoyed his films especially batman forever, and i dont think it ruined anything that the previous movies had done.

The nipples would make sense if Batman's suit was supposed to be a literal "monster suit", intended to disguise him as a mythical beast. But the source material doesn't really warrant that interpretation, and it seems clear enough that this was not what the Schumacher films really intended, either. Therefore, the suggestion of nudity caused by the inclusion of nipples on the suit's torso isn't really appropriate to what the suit is supposed to be: an armoured superhero suit.

The monochrome look of the first image doesn't look good, in my opinion. Bale's Batman also forgot to colour in his chest symbol, but at least he remembered to make his cape and belt break up the blandness.

The second image has been posted before. I like it, but not the beaky nose or chin strap, or the grey chest symbol, again.

Yeah,we've already critiqued that suit, and while I don't think it is perfect it is a very good start.

I did one too in the JL thread for what I would change.

EDIT- Here it is:
KydMT.jpg

By "the cowl still sucks" I know you really mean is it's absolutely perfect.

I really love this...It's like new 52 meets the original costume. I'd like to see that on film. And call me camp, but I'd like too see someone have the balls to put a belt on film, in a modern movie, that had the pouches.

Who knows? If the Nolan trilogy was the military tech version of Batman, maybe the next one will be even more grounded in reality, with the self made side of things shown more. Burton conveniently left out the origin and he just showed up with amazing tech. I'd like to see Bruce making everything himself.

There is nothing camp about pouches. They are the obvious method of carrying useful things, without the use of pockets. It seems much less pragmatic for Batman to shape and scale everything to fit into little tubes or metal cigarette tins.

For me, that exacerbates all the worst flaws of the TDK/R suit, while adding foul colour blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"