The Brand New And Improved "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG OOC/Sign-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And much thanks for the nod Keyser. Although Hawkeye vs Bullseye II doesn't seem to be in the near future, I do forsee a showdown between the Archer and the Trickster looming on the horizon...

BEST NEWCOMER - J'ADORE (Silver Sable)
Honorable mention goes to MichaelChen for the crazy inventiveness he brought to his portrayal of The Mandarin. But I'd say the prize must go to J'Adore, for a seamless entry into our RPG Universe. Already she handles herself like a tenured vet, her posts demonstrating a quiet confidence and considerable writing talent. If she chooses to stick around, I definitely see her winning bigger awards in future.

As a newbie, I would like to thank all of you for the warm welcome. I'm certainly looking forward to contributing to a brand new season.

BEST FIGHTThe Ryker's Island(or was it The Raft) Gang War
-This is going back to the early part of the season, but it was entertaining as hell to see The Punisher, Bullseye, Deadpool, and the Kingpin locked in prison and at each other throats. I believe it ended with a crafty Bullseye betrayal as well.

This was one of my favorite parts of the season for me. Working in tandem with EUK and Soze and all three of us playing characters that we love. It was just... Epic :D

Alrighty, new OOC thread will be opened either tomorrow evening on Monday morning. Just remember to reapply with the new apps. The original was a few pages back, so I'll repost it for those of you who want to get their apps ready.​

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Season II OOC thread is up.

Great work this season from everyone. Now, would you kindly GET THE **** OUT?! :cmad:

Seeing as Steve didn't make it to the roster, Disregard the app and I'll go for this one in its place!

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application

97584-157693-arachne_large.jpg

Screen Name: Optikal

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Arachne - Julia Carpenter

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): An athletic young single mother, Julia Carpenter was drawn into a covert double life by an old college friend, federal agent Valerie Cooper who believed Julia would be an ideal test subject for a secret government super-agent program. Reuniting with Carpenter seemingly by chance, Cooper promised her cash-strapped friend lucrative employment and manipulated Julia into undergoing a series of experimental treatments, including injections of a formula incorporating rare Amazon jungle plants and spider venoms, which gave Julia superhuman powers. She became an operative of the CSA as Spider-Woman. The CSA was based in Washington, but Julia initially moonlighted as a seemingly independent super hero in Denver. When the near-omnipotent Beyonder abducted an entire Denver suburb (including the Carpenter home) into space as part of his Secret Wars, Julia fought the Beyonder's army of villains alongside heroes such as the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and Spider-Man (who was so impressed by Julia that he adopted a new costume based on her outfit for a time).

Arachne has superhuman strength (able to lift approximately 10 tons under normal conditions), agility, stamina, and reflexes. Her powers are very similar to Spider-Man's, but hers are psi-based. The psi-webs that she produces are more versatile than Spider-Man's chemical-based webbing, since she can will them to move on their own and manifest themselves even from a distance. She uses her psi-webs to attack and ensnare her opponents, as well as swing on them from building to building much like Spider-Man. By concentrating this psionic force in her hands and feet, she is able to cling to and crawl across any surface, even scaling sheer walls. Arachne also possesses heightened senses, which allow her to sense vibrations, and has been intensively trained in hand-to-hand combat.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers, The West Coast Avengers, Omega Flight

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I've chosen her because she's a good Z lister that I can do a lot with. The things I plan to do are top secret.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Rain battered the grounds as she staggered up towards the main doors. Trying to wipe blood and rain and matted hair from her eyes, Julia willed herself forward. Fractured ribs, cuts and bruises all hampered her progress and she fell to her knees, crying out in agony.

The attack had come as a surprise and she knew that any escape was only a temporary reprieve. Whoever her attacker was, they were out for blood and Julia was seasoned enough to know that this was only the beginning.

On hands and knees, with superhuman effort, she reached the doors and pounded a weak fist upon them. She was met with silence, other than the battering rain pulsing in her ears.

"Please..." she whispered out loud as she thumped at the door.

An eternity passed as she bled out and rainwater washed her lifeblood down the concrete stairs. Finally the creak of the door flooded her frame with warm air. Julia tried to look up at the figure standing above her.

"H-Help me" She croaked before unconsciousness took her into blackness.

I realised and then they Hype died and I went to bed. Lazy F'n mods should've locked and moved this one anyway :cmad:

Awards time for me (finally)

BEST STORYLINE: The Super Hero Bounty

-This is the arc that got our game kicked off. I don't know what I would have done in the first couple of weeks with Sabretooth if the bounty wasn't in effect giving us something to play off of.

BEST HERO: THE HULK

-Always a very hard category and this one is as tight as ever, but I have to give the nod to Spike's Hulk because he's done a masterful job, and more importantly, demonstrated real staying power, with a character who is one of the hardest to write well and keep fresh. Hat's off for resisting the temptation to just smash stuff for 8 posts then drop him as we have seen happen so often.

BEST VILLAIN: Loki

- I've said it before and I'll say it again, Keyser is a master.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER: Osborn

-Take a street level villian who's been overused and had every story you can possibly right about him done. Now rewrite it, but better, and over a longer period of time, so that it actually makes sense. That's what Andy has done with Norman Osborn. Marvel's Dark Reign never made sense to me, nor quite honest did the Thunder Bolts. I couldn't wrap my head around top cop Norman Osborn but Andy C has it made it believable and is actually making Osborn into one of my favourites.

BEST NEWCOMER: MichealChen
- It was a little bumpy at first, and I'll admit I sometimes get caught flat footed when I read his posts, but he knows his character, plays him to a tee, and most importantly of all, is really playing the game instead of just writing a story.

MVP:Byrd Man
- Always posting when you need him to, keeping the story going, keeping his multiple characters heavily invested in what's going on around them. I could go but I think I'm preaching to the choir.

Lifetime Achievement Award: I just felt I had to get Spiderman9x17 an award and I think he deserves this one. The guy's been playing Hawkeye since before I discovered the Hype and he just keeps rolling. Now all we need him to do is pick up Johnny Storm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"