The "Heroes vs. Villains" Marvel RPG Season II OOC/Sign-Up Thread

My excuse is that I graduated last week. I'll post soon.

My excuse is that UDC's been preoccupying a large amount of my focus and creative output. But I'm starting to get story ideas to get Spidey into the game, so I'll post soon aswell.

Right, first Loki post up. Made an attempt to start setting the stage for this season's storyline, belatedly.

My excuse is that I killed a man with a tire iron and have been busy trying to find a new shovel.

So would ol' DD like a visit from the friendly neighborhood Human Torch while he waits for Spidey to show up?

Sure. Johnny can act as Matt's attorney and bake him a cake with a file in it.

Huh.

logocr6.jpg

Hell’s Kitchen, New York

“This isn’t his style,” Ben Urich said as he looked at the set of bodies slumped against the alley wall. Sitting in a row, the bodies each had one letter carved on their chests, which together formed D-A-R-E-D-E-V-I-L. The sight sickened Urich, but as Hell’s Kitchen native and a veteran journalist, he was afraid to admit he’d seen much worse in his time.

“Says who?” Homicide Detective Andy ‘Coyote’ Bunkland asked as he lifted the yellow police wrapper to enter the crime scene. He was a burley black man, not overweight, with a hard face, cropped hair and full moustache. He was wearing a long trenchcoat and in his hand he held a plastic coffee cup. He was smoking a big, brown cigar. For Urich, a retired smoker of some time now, the smell of the cheap brand was both nauseating and enticing.
“Last I checked, Urich, they didn’t allow reporters on crime scenes.”
“You know he didn’t do this.”
“Do I?” Coyote replied. He’d earned the name for his rather eccentric hobby: Andy was a fan of conspiracy theories, and although he never admitted to it in public, believed one or two of them. It was the subject of much derision amongst his colleagues, rarely behind his back, and his partner had once called him a modern day Don Quixote. Or as Ray Charleston himself had put it: “You’re a regular ‘Don Co-yote’. Always seeing things that ain’t there, chasing after windmills.”

The name had stuck.

“Thing is, Urich, your buddy’s gone off the deep end before.”
“Not like this. Never like this.”
“Yeah, well, every day’s a new one. Now write your story somewhere else. I’ve got a murder to solve and one hell of a prime suspect.”

;)

Huh.

That's what I get for skimming stuff that didn't concern me last season. :argh:

Sorry for my lack of activity, life's been a little hectic recently.

Hoping to finish my Wolverine arc sometime soon.

Alright, dropping the others, Keeping Ares. Life, Love and a Lack of comic book related enthusiasm have had me taking something of a sabbatical.

Ares post up shortly :)

Yeah, seems to be a lull in the game. GET BACK TO POSTING, ****ERS! :argh:

Johnny's waiting for a certain webhead.

When does ol' Spidey become available to pick up...? ;)

We have the two-week rule, but I don't actively enforce it. Although, after two weeks, a character technically is up for grabs.

There. It's not as flavorful as I'd like, but I've been a bit writers-blocked, so hopefully just forcing a little movement will allow me to break it and get back in the flow.

By permission of our illustrious gamemaster...

Screen Name: Spider-Man9x17

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Spider-Man

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Teen gets bit by radio active spider. Gains spider's powers...C'mon guys and gals, if you're playing this game and don't know Spider-Man's origins, then may god have mercy on your soul

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): He's Spider-Man. I've dreamed of playing Spidey since I joined this game 5 or 6 long years ago. I'll be exploring Spidey's dilema of MJ leaving him, as well as any shenanigans I may get into with ol DD

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: MSN, but I never use it anymore

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

"Dear God, why do you hate me?"

Peter Parker took a sip of his coffee as he flipped through the newspaper in the coffee shop. Of course, the front page was once again Spider-Man's disappearance. If he still had the mask on, it would no doubt scream "Spider-Man: Menace."

He wore the mask to honor the age old advise of his Uncle Ben.

The mask had cost him his wife.

"Look up Catch-22, and there's my picture."

Peter flipped to the classifieds and skimmed down through the Help Wanted ads. He had a very cushy teaching position, a paid spot on the Avengers roster, and he had given it all up, resigned. But he took comfort inthe fact that at this very moment, he could go apply for third shift back room mopper at the local 18+ book store.

"Hey, look at that! Is that The Human Torch?"

Peter raised an eyebrow as he glanced out the window. Sure enough, an all-too familiar message was written out in flaming letters in the skies above the city.

"Oh, brother..."

APPROVED!

I can assume you're dropping Johnny for him?

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Noh-Varr

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): A Kree soldiers from thousands of dimensions away. His ship crash landed on this Earth after being shot down by the multi-trillionaire and all around evil-doer, Midas. Noh-Varr was able to beat Midas and his plans but was incarcerate by S.H.I.E.L.D at the Cube. Of course no Earthly prison can hold him for that long.

Noh-Varr DNA has been spliced, manipulated, and tinkered with until his abilities have all been enhanced. An expert fighter and has a vast knowledge on technology and super science. Access to Kree technology and weaponry.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Thunderbolts

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): Well, I remember reading his first mini series and being blown away by it. Then he appeared in the Avengers books where he is portrayed as a naive alien who is conflicted by right and wrong. The *&^@? Really, he would have deatomized Osborn and kicked Captain America in the testicles if someone asked him to join. Where was the guy who declared Earth as the new Hala There is the establishment (Osborn), and the good guys, now meet the counter culture of superheroes. What other Avenger teams will have Howard the Duck and Fantomex on it?

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: I'll mail you. Just send me your address and a stamp.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

"Guard! Guard I demand that you answer my query!" The Cube, just one more of the prison that houses super criminals. The speciality for the Cube though is who that holds the more peculiar ones. Not many others can say they hold a sentient math equation.

"It's your turn to deal with the spaceboy."

"No way, I had to deal with him last time. Guy has exploding fingertips."

"You owe me. I had to wash down M.O.D.O.K."

"Fine...fine," the guard moves to the cell, "what is it space boy."

"I am not this space boy. I am Noh-Varr, Kree war weapon for multiverse exploration. A hero in the Clone Brood Wars, slayer of the Skrulltron serpent...."

"Spare me. Are you having trying to phone home again?"

"Phoning home is impossible, idiot. I would need a hyper dimension tramission..."

"Never mind. What is your problem?"

"Who is this Norman Osborn?"

"My boss. How did you find out about Osborn anyway."

"I have been searching the internet. A crude network, it seems to be a home to perverts, degenerates, and narcissists."

"The internet? How did you....stand against the wall."

"No, you will get Osborn to free me now. I have work to do."

"Osborn does not give a damn about you. Now stand against the wall. Hands were I can see them." He draws an electric baton and opens the cell door.

"Then I will have to free myself."

688712-noh_varr_super-1.jpg

Yes, I haven't posted as him in like a month but I have actually plans with other players so I'm reapplying as him.

Go **** yourself.

And by that, I mean you're approved!....and you can go **** yourself.

Yup.

Also, for everyone involved in the Chicago fracas, I'm setting something up here. Something big, so please play along when I start putting things in motion in the next post or two (after Watchman gets a post in)

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application
Screen Name: J'adore

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): [BLACKOUT]Carol Danvers aka Ms Marvel[/BLACKOUT]

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and durability, as well as energy projection and absorption. Plus she has the ability of Flight. Carol Danvers is also an exceptional espionage agent, pilot, hand-to-hand combatant and markswoman.

Carol Danvers was born in Boston, Massachusetts, as the only girl among three children. Despite the fact that Carol was extremely bright and capable, more so than either of her brothers, her chauvinistic father refused to pay for her to attend college, preferring to spend the money on his sons instead. He insisted that Carol merely find a good husband to take care of her, a sexist notion that the fiercely independent Carol refused to accept.

Carol had always loved the idea of flying, and after she graduated from high school she decided to defy her father's wishes and joined the United States Air Force. She excelled in the Air Force, her skill as a jet fighter pilot so remarkable that her colleagues nicknamed her "Ace," and she quickly rose to the rank of Colonel. This brought her to the attention of the Central Intelligence Agency, who actively recruited her and trained her to become an elite field agent.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan on making her an honorary Avenger and fight alongside other Heroes, as well as making her have a few more unexpected alliances and bring out more of team work skills then solo skills. I've chosen this character becasue she's always been a strong and independent character in the Marvel Universe and I'd love to play her and expand her to the best of her abilities.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yahoo - newfound_x

Curling her finger tips inwards, Ms Marvel gritted her teeth. On the tips of her finger, Ms Marvel had slowly stared to produce explosive blasts of radiant energy. Her muscles tightened as she glared at the three thugs before her. Two men and one woman. They had each taken a dose of MGH, granting them each super-human strength, enhanced durability and aggression. They all stood still on the roof of an old warehouse where the thugs seemed to be reporting back to.

[BLACKOUT]"Rikers Island you go,"[/BLACKOUT]Lepaing into the air, Ms Marvel flipped over the trio, landing next to the rooftop staricase. She plunged her arms foward, prepelling blasts of radiant energy towards the thugs.

The female in the middle sprung into the air, dodging the blast. The male at the left blocked half of the blast with his arm before sharply turning away from the rest of the explosive blasts. The male on the right was hit directly. He gurgled in pain as he was thrown across the roof, slamming against the hard concrete and skidding to the edge of the large roof.

One down, two to go.

[BLACKOUT]"Surrender yourselves, before I do it for you,"[/BLACKOUT]Ms Marvel pursued her mouth, curling her hands into fists, getting into her defensive postion, ready to fight off the remaining two thugs.

The woman slid out a machine gun from the damp, grey, bag she had slung on her shoulder. Firing the trigger, a line of bullets soared towards Ms Marvel. "Get lost, b*tch!"

The bullets hit Ms Marvel's chest, causing her to flinch slightly. But, there was no pain. The woman stepped back in shock, continuing to fire. Ms Marvel dodged the incoming bullets before flying into the air and grabbing the gun out of the woman's shaking hands, flashing down a wink at her.

Contiuing to walk back in awe, the woman tripped over her own feet, stumbling to the floor, next to her unconcious friend. Ms Marvel span the gun into the air, watching as it prepelled through the air and smashing down onto the streets below. [BLACKOUT]"What was the name you calle--"[/BLACKOUT]A loud grunt inturrupted Ms Marvel, followed by a powerful punch up the chin. Ms Marvel sighed, grabbing the fist of the woman and bending it backwards, releasing a loud crack. The sound of the woman's wrist breaking echoed in Ms Marvel's ears, causing her to a flash a smile of accomplishment. Screeching, the woman collapsed in shock, her head hitting the hard concrete with a hard thump. Behind Ms Marvel, a bat slammed over her head, breaking instantly.

[BLACKOUT]"Nice aim,"[/BLACKOUT]Ms Marvel twirled in the air, to see the other male behind her, having been previously throwing a bat at her. Lowering herself to the ground, Ms Marvel grabbed the man by his collar, before launching her knee straight up between his legs.

Looking around at the three defeated criminals, Ms Marvel grabbed the three of them, slinging them over her shoulder and soaring up into the sky above, heading for Rikers Island.

1zm1rup.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"