The "Heroes vs. Villains" Marvel RPG Season II OOC/Sign-Up Thread

Thanks for the info guys. I'll liaise with Bucky's player before I get posting. Here's my application anyway:

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application

Screen Name: Iron Man

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Steve Rogers

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Steve was a tall, scrawny art student who was turned away by the army in World War Two. Shortly after this rejection, he was enlisted as a test subject for Operation: Rebirth, where Dr. Abraham Erskine injected him with a serum that brought him to the peak of human ability. As the world's first super-soldier, Steve became Captain America and became the symbol of the Allies during the war. However, during a battle with Baron Zemo, he was hurled into the North Atlantic and was presumed dead. Decades later, the Avengers found his perfectly preserved body in the water and he returned to action. He became a leading figure within the superhero community and was often chairman of the Avengers.

Recently, he decided to pass on his mantle to his former sidekick, Bucky Barnes, and has embarked on a journey of self-discovery.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I love the new dynamic in the comics with Steve as a separate entity from the identity of Cap, and I think it'd be cool to see how he functions as a man without the shield and the costume. I've chosen this character because he's always been my favourite Avenger and one of my favourite Marvel characters overall.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: I don't use any insant messengers, so PMs would be better for me.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Although my muscles ached from being constantly tensed and my face throbbed under the force of Crossbones' blows, I knew I had to seize the opportunity when it arose. There was only a moment where his full attention slipped away from me, where his masked face wasn't hanging smugly over me, and I was all too aware that such a chance was painfully rare. If I was going to escape, it had to be now. Unfortunately, he'd made it difficult for me; I was bound to a fairly solid wooden chair with no discernable weak point, and hefty chains were bundled around my wrists and ankles. It would be difficult to capitalise on that tiny sliver of time when Crossbones looked away from me when I was forcibly held so motionless, but that was what I had to do. Luckily enough, I'd overcome far greater challenges than this.

Fuelled by raw, pounding adrenaline, I drove my legs hard into the floor and propelled myself - the chair and the chains trailing behind me and trying in earnest to haul me back - in the assassin's back. His surprise lasted for a split-second before he reacted to the fact that all two hundred and forty pounds of me were slamming into him and he instinctively pushed himself into a sidewards roll as he crashed down. If not for his movement, I would've landed on top of him and probably put him out of commission. As it was, I had nothing to cushion my descent but the floorboards, which sent up plumes of dust into my face upon impact. I felt Crossbones seize me from behind and yank me up, and instead of fighting it, I added his momentum to my own and kicked out again.

I heard Crossbones grunt and felt his grip loosen. I'd winded him. Opportunity number two: I shot my head back and felt the back of my skull slam into his face. There was a nasty crunch - his nose? - and he let out another cry, before his arms fell away completely. My equilibrium was already hazy, and I had to take a moment to steady myself, chains and chair and all, before hurling myself with abandon against the wall. The wood of the chair buckled to its concrete opponent and the chains looped around it fell slack, affording me more precious freedom. Crossbones was already charging me, blind hatred marring his skull mask, a serrated machete outstretched, but I'd come too far to fall now. With a burst of strength, I whipped out my wrist chains and lassoed his blade-wielding arm. Before he could even try to wriggle away, I span him into the wall.

Somewhere amidst the mass of metallic links, his knife clattered away. He was unarmed, defenceless. I couldn't hold back. My martial arts prowess, my honed combat skills, my tactical analysis training, all of it was thrown aside as I just pummeled him in a flurry of elbows and fists, of sloppy kicks and jarring punches. I don't know when he fell unconscious, but by the time exhaustion halted my assault, he was slumped silently over the wreckage of my chair, the only sign of life his chest rising and falling. My wrist shackles had loosened in the bout of violence and I jammed them into the wall until they completely disengaged, then furiously worked off the ones around my ankles before stumbling out of the mound of chains left at my feet.

It was then that it hit me. Up until that moment, the adrenaline in my system must have been staving it off, because it was only then that the world before me became contorted like a shattered kaleidoscope of grey streaks and twisted shapes. It was only then that my heart pounded so hard that my ears tingled and my knees trembled.

"They drugged me," I said hoarsely, feeling the sting of their chosen poision burning through my veins. The realisation was just as disabling as the actual substance, because it brought on a wave of sudden hopelessness that made my head spin. If the Skull was behind my kidnapping, chances are that he didn't leave me alone with just Crossbones to guard me. There had to be others scattered throughout whatever kind of place I was in. I couldn't take them like this...but I had to try. I glanced down at Crossbones, at the various holsters he had strapped across his person; if I could trust my aim, I would've taken one of the firearms and used it to incapacitate anyone in my way. With drugs degrading my senes, though, there'd be no way to ensure my accuracy. I'd have to do this with only my wits to rely on.

2w24kfk.png

Marvel RPG Application

Screen Name: J'adore

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):Emma Frost

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Telepathy
- Mind reading and control
- Memory alteration
- Mental bolts
- Induced paralysis
- Illusion casting
- Astral projection
-Frost is also a latent telekinetic.
Capable of shapeshifting into a diamond form granting her superhuman strength and durability

Frost spent most of her childhood in a mental institution after being sent there by her parents. Frost is later on working as a stripper at the Hellfire Club before rising to the rank of White Queen. Frost is approached by Professor X and Moira MacTaggert to join a new team of X-Men along with other characters introduced in the series. The task proves harder than first anticipated and Xavier is met with great resistance from Frost. The event is then mentally erased from everyone's minds by Xavier.

She also has a hidden past with Namor but her memory of it was erased by Selene under Sebastian Shaw's orders, in order to claim her back to the Hellfire Club. Her memory was restored after her battle with the Phoenix.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): X-Men (Formerly Hellfire Club)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I've always had a thing for telepaths and especially ones in the Marvel Universe, especially Emma Frost. Her hardly heroic side is perfect as well as her pompus attidue just makes her even better. I plan on making her re-form the X-Men to have every member serve and important purpose, and explore her routes with the good old Hellfire Club.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: newfound_x (yahoo)

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

One punch. Two punch. Three punch. Four, five, six seven and more punches. Raising her leg up sharply, she kicks the punchbag continously with her right foot, then quickly shifting to her left. She goes back and forth between the two, until she finally gives up and transfigures into the diamond Emma, ripping the punchbag violently.

~Isn't that cheating, Emma?~

Hearing Scott Summer's voice in her head after a hard workout is not something she wants to focus on. Instead, she pulls the towel from around her neck, wiping the sweat from her now skinned face and hair, breathing slowly and carefully. She looks up, her eyes narrowing at the thin window where she can see the glowing red light of Scott's sunglasses.

Sighing, Emma slowly turns to her right, looking over to the door. She makes her way over to the exit, dropping the towel behind her and letting her hair loose. Before her hand makes way to the handle of the door, a blinding image causes her to stumble backwards. Her eyes flicker viciously as the mirage of a red diamond fades with in and out of her view.

~You've been a naughty girl Emma...Sebastian is not pleased~

A faint yet feminin voice echoes within the mind of Emma Frost. The voice is sinister, it continues to ring in her head, each word making the voice more and more recognisable. It's not long before Emma drops to her knee's, her hands clutching her head in uncontrolable pain, her nose dripping with a drop of blood. Her back is soon layed flat on the padded grounds of the training room, her hands lying limply beside her.

"Claudine...."

Double Approved!!

Any of you filthy godless motherf**kers want to approve me?! :cmad:

If you're gonna keep up, not that I can exactly talk, then you're APPROVED!

This will surprise absolutely no one, but I'm dropping Moon Knight.

Hey Spidey, is erm, Spidey gonna reply to my Sabretooth post?

Sorry for my lack of activity. I came back in the middle of this fight, and didn't really know what was going on with it. So I figured I'd keep a low profile and hang back until the fight had wrapped up before really getting into the mix again. But it feels like about 2 months have passed since then.

I was thinking of just dropping out of the game, but before I did, I thought I'd check if there are plans for the fight to wrap up soon. If so I might stay on a wee bit longer, even if it's to help do some expositiony stuff to set up the arc bkhedr and I planned going into this season.

Don't drop Keyser. The fight in Chicago is almost over and its just a teaser to the big arc we had planned anyway.

Sorry guys, and especially sorry to bkhedr, but I am going to drop out after all. With the news that next season of the DC RPG will be its last, I really want to focus my energies on making my work on that season the best it can be. If you guys need to bunny Loki, that's totally fine by me. And if you need to know anything just give me a PM. I had a great time playing as Loki and working with you guys, and maybe I'll give it another go down the line a bit.

Is this game still alive? The last IC post was about two weeks ago.

I think Byrd and I really need to get our asses in gear with the IM and Hulk posting, but (for me anyway) that's not likely to happen until after this weekend with the explosion in university work before exams begin. Still, you can just bunny Hulk if you want. I'm cool with that. :up:

Well I've been swamped at work but as far as I'm concerned the game is by no means dead. I will start a recruiting drive (as suggested by Spidey) later today and will post bunnying Loki as well.

Marvel RPG Application

e41498859moonknight05j
1498859moonknight05.jpg

Screen Name: Excalibur

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Moon Knight

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):
Superb athlete and martial artist,
Resistance to some psychic assaults,
Possesses both traditional and sophisticated weaponry

Rebelling against his rabbi father, Marc Spector was a heavyweight boxer, a U.S. Marine, and a CIA agent. Frustrated with the politics of the agency, Marc went on to become a mercenary. In Africa, he met a French mercenary, Jean-Paul DuChamp, who would become one of Marc's closest friends. Frenchie later became Marc's pilot. While working for terrorist Raoul Bushman, Marc began to question his choices. In Sudan they stumbled across an archaeologist Dr. Peter Alraune's excavation of an Egyptian Pharaoh's tomb. There, Bushman killed the Archaeologist.

Marc, feeling guilt, attempted to help Alraune's daughter Marlene escape. Annoyed with his betrayal, Bushman beat Spector and left him in the desert to die.

Barely conscious, Spector managed to return to the ancient tomb. Marlene was there with her father's men and brought Marc to rest near a statue of the moon god, Khonshu Weak from his fight with Bushman and the elements of the desert, Spector died.

As Marlene cried over his body, Spector suddenly came back to life. It was his belief that Khonshu had brought him back from the dead in order to be the moon's knight of vengeance. Spector removed a cloak from the statue of Khonshu and confronted Bushman again, and this time, he came out victorious, thus Moon Knight was born.

Returning to the states with Marlene and Frenchie, the trio decided to fight a war against evil. Spector used his fortune from his mercenary days to create some aliases to infiltrate different aspects of society. One persona was that of Steven Grant, a New York millionaire. In the guise of Grant, Spector was able to make high profile contacts. Spector also created the persona of Jake Lockley, a New York cab driver. Through Lockley, he was able to make several contacts "on the streets."

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None. Formerly Avengers.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I'm a huge fan of the Moon Knight and have followed his antics for about four years now. I have had a story in mind for a very long time and I think this is the place to tell it.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: PM is best.

-MOON KNIGHT-

A maniac's laughter ricochets around the dim, cavernous space—a decrepit, decaying warehouse, one of many that line the seedy docklands of New York Harbor. Outside the building's shattered windows, lightening flashes. The blinding bolts highlight the rain that sheets down from the curdled night-time sky and puddles on the stained concrete floor.

Clanging footsteps from above—a catwalk! Two shadows, both caped and menacing, race across its treacherous length. The cackling maniac is in the lead, his masked face stretched into a broad, toothy rictus. Nimbly, he climbs over the safety railing and leaps for the support pole nearly two meters away. The caped figure is forced to pause at the railing as his quarry's laughter cuts the air. "Toodles, Moony!" he waves as he slides down the pole. "Ha HA hee hee wheee!"

Expressionless, the caped man pulls a grappling gun from his belt and fires the customized hook toward the ceiling. It catches an exposed, metal beam and he swings from its attached cable, his white cape billowing behind him like the wings of a monstrous spectre.

Moon Knight lands first, his boots splashing heavily in the pooled rainwater. His goblin-faced quarry cackles again and jumps the last few feet to the ground, performing a series of oddly graceful leaps and twirls as he edges for the side entrance, all the way at the other end of the building. Moon Knight watches for a moment, disgust etched in every line of his face. But the madcap dance is deceptive; there is method somewhere in this man's madness. The Hobgoblin is avoiding the deeper puddles, keeping his pointed boots as dry as possible. Moon Knight crouches low, touching the dark water with his gloved finger and bringing it to his nose.

"Gasoline…" he realizes. The entire floor is coated with it and, as the rain pours in, the slick, flammable liquid is rising to the surface.

Moon Knight surges to his feet. "It's over, Hobgoblin," he proclaims, once more brandishing his grappling gun. "Stop where you are." The Goblin rolls his eyes and giggles, but doesn't slow his dance. The exit is in sight now, his glider and waiting henchmen in view. Still, he can't resist hurling a taunt back at his pursuer.

"Oh please, Moon Knight! Is the best you can come up with is a hackneyed line like that? What's next? 'The gig is up?'" He laughs. "Well, whatever floats your boat, right? Don't let me rain on your hit parade! Ha HA ha ha ha haa!"

"This isn't a game, Hobgoblin," the Moon Knight growls. "It never was. You have one chance. Hand over the Rand microchips or—"

"Or what?" The Hobgoblin smirks as he sideswipes another puddle, his long orange cape flaring out behind him in a demented parody of grace. "You'll harm me? Beat me to a bleeding pulp, then lock me away for years and years and years and years? Sorry Moony, but that one's been tried too. And we both know you haven't the stomach for anything stronger.... not any more..."

The Goblin's eyes glint with mocking challenge, as hard and cold as chips of jade.

Moon Knight's square jaw clenches and he pulls the trigger of his gun. Quicker than he can blink, the cable wraps around its target, cutting into the Hobgoblin's arms as it pins them to his sides. The startled criminal overbalances and falls face-first into a reeking puddle, saturating him with rust and tinted gasoline. Moon Knight leans over his fallen foe with the smallest of smiles.

"Don't tell me you didn't expect that," he says. But before the Hobgoblin can respond, a burly hood in a crude face painted Goblin mask roves into view, followed by six more. Almost simultaneously, a siren wails and flashes at the far end of the warehouse and a small wall of uniformed police come crashing in through the main doors.

"No, no, not here. Not now…" the Moon Knight mutters, and the Hobgoblin starts to cackle. With a grunt that's more annoyance than exertion, Moon Knight hauls the sopping madman over his shoulder like a sack of soggy rice and fires his grappling gun into the air...

Last edited:
Moon Knight is approved.

With that, I'm going to go ahead and step down as GM.

I really don't deserve to be in that role right now, since I've let everyone down with my ****** playing and ****ting managing. I want to turn the reins over to Spider-Man9x17 as our new Game Master. He'll be a whole lot better than me when it comes to making sure this game is keeping up the pace and staying alive.

Sorry, folks. I let ya'll down.

Very nice application, Excalibur, looking forward to your posts. I handled Moon Knight for a bit early on in the season, where I set him up with a place of operations, equipment and some motivation. No worries if you want to ditch all that, just thought you'd might want to read up and see if you can use any of it.

Oh, and welcome to the RPG's!

Very nice application, Excalibur, looking forward to your posts. I handled Moon Knight for a bit early on in the season, where I set him up with a place of operations, equipment and some motivation. No worries if you want to ditch all that, just thought you'd might want to read up and see if you can use any of it.

Oh, and welcome to the RPG's!

I've read every post of yours Harl. I'm more of a fan of the Spector stuff from before Vengeance... but having read all of your posts I'm feeling inspired to do some good things with him. And I plan to continue a few threads of his personality that you've already laid out so stay tuned! :D

Heroes VS. Villains Marvel RPG Application

1115915-picture_2_super.png

Screen Name: [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Optikal[/FONT]

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):[FONT=Georgia, serif] Ares, God of War [/FONT]

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As an immortal god, Ares possesses vast strength and endurance. His physical capabilities are superior to those of the majority of Olympian gods. He has virtually inexhaustible stamina, and does not tire appreciably after any exertion. He is stronger than the average Olympian, strength level estimated to being able to lift c. 70 tons.

Like all Olympians, Ares is immortal, possessing a life essence that cannot be ended by any conventional means. He can be wounded in battle, but his godly life force gives him incredible recuperative abilities. He can fully recover from penetration wounds (such as by knife, sword, or bullet) in anywhere from minutes to hours, depending on their severity. Only an injury of such magnitude that it incinerates him or disperses a major portion of his bodily molecules could cause him physical death. Even then, his life essence may still be unharmed, and Zeus may be able to resurrect him. Superhuman strength, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes. He has also been shown to be injured by weapons of magical nature such as Mjolnir, the hammer of Thor.

Ares is a master of hand to hand combat and of all forms of weaponry. He prefers to use melee combat tools such as swords, axes and knives. However, he is proficient with all modern day weaponry too. He also has some low-level magic abilities such as summoning weapons or sensing if magic is being used. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]During season one Ares found himself sent to Earth, tasked by Zeus to unearth and stop some unseen threat. He stopped a giant robot Hitler from destroying New York before finding himself in Latveria and assisting the Norse Gods in their quest for the Norn stones. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Following a meeting with the Avengers, Ares found himself battling alongside them against the last Titan, Typhon. After defeating his ancient foe, Ares came to realise that during his absence, his son Alexander had disappeared along with most of the Greek Pantheon. [/FONT]

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]N/A[/FONT]

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I plan to continue the story I've set up through season one and help push Ares as the definitive anti-hero. I picked him up because Ares is a great character, a true badass mixing elements of The Punisher with mightier characters like Thor. He has a sordid past as a villain but his current direction has placed him in the unlikely role of Father and Hero. I want to further explore those elements of his character and bring something different to the RPG.[/FONT]

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT]

aresBANNERcopy.jpg

Ares stood upon the cliff looking down at a vast sea of dark shapeless forms. They stretched out as far as the eye could see, dotted with fires here and there, but as imposing a force as the world had ever seen.

A cool breeze swept over from the sea and cooled his grizzled features. The air still sat heavy with the scent of blood and death yet Ares found the lust within him unsatiated. In the existence of Gods such as he, the goings of man were often inconsequential and insignificant. But these past two days Ares had fought alongside lions. Men of great will and iron resolve. As he stood looking out over the enemy he knew that he stood at the epicenter of something truly special. This was a time of heroes and legends and history would written and soldified upon the arid soil under his boots.

“They are endless, are they not?”

Ares regarded the man who had stepped up to his right shoulder. The famed helm was tucked under arm and the brilliant red cloak wrapped around a bloodied muscular frame, fending off the cool of night. “Nothing is endless King of Sparta. And there is nothing amongst that horde that cannot be felled by blade or bow”.

“Aye. There's truth in that”.

Man and God alike stood in silence for a few minutes surveying the dark stain across the Grecian coast. Each lost in thought of war and family. Life and death.

“Do you think we can win this, Lord Ares?”

Ares rubbed at his chin and shook his head. “That is a question for which I have no answer, Leonidas. Do you think you can win?”

Leonidas sighed and glanced up at the stars. “All I know is that we must do enough. We are but a pebble trying to hold back the ocean. But I also know that we will give them no quarter, we will plunge our spears into Persian hearts so long as there is life in our own. We will be Spartans and do what Spartans do best”.

Ares smiled and clapped the Spartan on the shoulder. “Aye King, and tomorrow the God of War stands proud at your shoulder and together we'll whip those dogs into submission”.

Leonidas nodded as the cool breeze swept over the cliff top.

Repost so I can finish this tale!

You're approved Op!

Why thank you Op!

Let's get this RPG rolling again, I say! 'Tis the season of miracles and crap, after all!

I'm contemplating applying for Dr. Octopus, even if it might overload my plate a bit, just to try and inject some life into this bad boy again. Nevertheless, expect a Hulk post (hope I'm not talking to myself here).

Not right now. If you want to get involved in a Marvel RPG, maybe check out the All-Star Marvel RPG. I just want to say to everyone that was part of this game, I'm sorry I fell down on my job as your GM. I should have done a better job trying to get posters involved and posting. My bad, everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"