Bumblebee The Bumblebee Spin-Off Official Thread

Wow, it only took 11 years, to get a faithful Starscream design.

Wow, I've been really soured on this franchise, but this looks really good.

Everything in this trailer looks really good. I'm sure it'll have a stereotypical plot and might hit some of the same story beats as the first Bay movie, but I'm looking forward to this.

Really digging the two designs we've seen so far. It's a great mesh of a more modern look while also retaining that simplistic G1 aesthetic. :up:

Well, the first movie sorta had some of those Spielberg-ian touches since Bay didn't have full control back then like he did with the sequels. It also had heart which they lacked.

I didn't like Bay's first Transformers film either. People were recommending it to me, and I found it crass and irritating like the sequels. I enjoyed the action sequences in TF3, but it's a bad film.

Bumblebee comes off as heartfelt and character-driven, and that's partly due to Hailee Steinfeld. LaBeouf and Mark Wahlberg didn't bring that to the Bay films.

Same! I think the money shot for me is either the helicopter, Bumblebee transforming in the garage, or G1 Starscream!!!! :hmr::hmr::drl:

Yeah all those shots are great. But I always loved the Bee hero moments we got in the main movies, glad to see he gets on here and it looks great.

Man, hearing Bernie Mac's lines from TF1 at the beginning gave me the feels.

Yep great callback. The simple reason it looks character base, and Starscreen/Bee looks great, trailer has done its job.

Not ready to call this a great film because I've been burned too many times in the past. But it might be a step in the right direction.

The new designs aren't GREAT but they are infinitely better than the trash we've dealt with before. They have clearly updated the designs of the bots to incorporate the more classic, iconic design elements.

That being said, I'm not crazy about Bumblebee having a "bee" battle mask. That's a bit silly and over the top. I know that might sound silly, but I'd rather he have just the devil horns and not a bee mask.

In what battle exactly did he lose his vocal ability? I don't know how he's kept his composure not being able to speak for decades.

In what battle exactly did he lose his vocal ability? I don't know how he's kept his composure not being able to speak for decades.
In Last Knight, Optimus said it happened on Cybertron.

Not ready to call this a great film because I've been burned too many times in the past. But it might be a step in the right direction.

The new designs aren't GREAT but they are infinitely better than the trash we've dealt with before. They have clearly updated the designs of the bots to incorporate the more classic, iconic design elements.

That being said, I'm not crazy about Bumblebee having a "bee" battle mask. That's a bit silly and over the top. I know that might sound silly, but I'd rather he have just the devil horns and not a bee mask.

His battle mask in the previous films was also meant to evoke a hornet/bee/wasp. It was just a bit more stylized in Bay's films.

Personally I dont think its anymore silly than these robots branding themselves with Autobot and Decepticon "gang" symbols for easy identification. Or anymore silly than GOT characters wearing helmets shaped like the head of an animal they are associated with. Bumblebee is called Bumbledee and has a helmet that looks like the face of a "bee". Could be worse. He could have a big mechanical stinger sticking out of his ass.:p

Last edited:
Whilst this teaser looks quite good (it's not Directed by Bay so it'll be better than any of the other films) I am wondering about Bee's status. I was reminded yesterday of Bee's involvement during WW2 (or was it WW1?) which would have predated these events, and yet this film is apparently being sold as a coming of age story?

Seems a little inconsistent there, unless this is meant as a soft reboot?

Good trailer. Can this help save this franchise?

I think it's possible if this is to be a soft reboot; they need to erase the existing Transformers Universe. Anything that has Bay attached to it needs to go.

I think it's possible if this is to be a soft reboot; they need to erase the existing Transformers Universe. Anything that has Bay attached to it needs to go.

They should heavily advertise the No Bay element to this one. ;)

I wish they would just let that go already this would have been a great opportunity to do away with this always hated that he couldn't speak a machine that could mimic any vehicle can't fix his "voice" :whatever:

it was cute in the first movie but it became annoying in the sequels

Possibly. It has a good release date and solid counterprogramming to Aquaman and Alita. Christmas releases tend to have great multiples, especially if they're well-received.

Possibly. It has a good release date and solid counterprogramming to Aquaman and Alita. Christmas releases tend to have great multiples, especially if they're well-received.

Yep, fair points. I’m certainly more interested after the trailer. Wasn’t really before seeing it.

I've lived through a lot of hype movies...the first "new" star wars...Dark Knights...All Marvel... They most hyped I've ever been was for that first Transformers...what a slam dunk of an action franchise. It was the most I've been let down...and not in a fan boy type of way...just how did they get everything so wrong that they all came out nonsensical ****** movies.

I didn't even see the last two in the theater and fell asleep on the couch or was playing with my phone during 60% of it.

Look how easy it is to get my heart back pumping. Bee and Starscream both look amazing! The story looks light and easy. Am I setting myself up for a letdown by saying this actually has me kind of amped?!?

This looks surprisingly decent and does a really good job at tapping into the nostalgic elements of Transformers. I find myself cautiously optimistic about this.

If Bee is going to be silent most of the movie...Starscream needs to talk...a lot

He needs to monologue....a lot.

Hell give him a villains song about he hates Megatron

This best thing for this franchise is to use this as a reboot, instead of a prequel to the other movies. As of right now it appears that it's a prequel as we know that both Starscream and BB were both hiding on Earth before TF1.

Keep the next movies in the 80's, and that way we can get closer G1 versions of the fans favorites.

This. Why didn't Spielberg push for something like this in 2006 rather than hiring Michael Bay in the first place?

Travis Knight is a much better fit here, just on the first teaser alone.

If memory serves me correctly VW didn't want their vehicle associated with such a violent movie, hence one of the reasons why BB wasn't a VW in TF1. Guess they changed their mind.

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly VW didn't want their vehicle associated with such a violent movie, hence one of the reasons why BB wasn't a VW in TF1. Guess they changed their mind.

I was talking about the kind of story Bumblebee is compared to the overstuffed and juvenile script of the first film. I wanted something heartfelt and awe-inspiring 11 years ago, not an indulgent 2.5-hour orgy of shakycam VFX shots, bad acting, and a story that didn't make much sense.

If the final film is as good as the trailer hints, we have something special. A GOOD live-action Transformers movie.

I haven't followed this at all. I didn't even know they were making a Bumblebee Movie, so the Trailer was the first thing I saw of it. Is this just supposed to be a prequel, showing what Bumblebee was up to on earth, before the Michael Bay Movies take place, or will this be treated as some sort of reboot? It'd be difficult to get invested in the Movie, knowing that the Bay Movies are still part of the timeline.

Whoops, didn't see his post. So I guess that answers my question.

This best thing for this franchise is to use this as a reboot, instead of a prequel to the other movies. As of right now it appears that it's a prequel as we know that both Starscream and BB were both hiding on Earth before TF1.

Keep the next movies in the 80's, and that way we can get closer G1 versions of the fans favorites.

It would be great if they simply ignore the other Movies and decided to bring in Optimus Prime and the other Autobots in the 80's and create a whole new story arc.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a solid trailer. I'm not sold on it being good yet, but I like Hailee and Cena so I'm willing to give it a shot. And Starscream looks cook, so there's that.

Also, that RickRoll joke at the end was awesome. :D

Wow, it only took 11 years, to get a faithful Starscream design.

Amazing right? F- Michael Bay.

Glad to see that the designs are back to the G1 roots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"