The Captain Marvel box office prediction thread

Nice to see that the movie is still making a killing at the BO. I wonder just how much gas in the tank it has left. Like could it actually get to $450M?

I love the extra money it’s racked up in the last couple of weeks. It’s been a nice boost to the late legs.

Depending on how much longer they decide to keep it in the theaters, it could pass The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire to move it to #21 all-time domestically. It could also pass Transformers: Dark of the Moon soon to move to #22 all-time worldwide.

Really is amazing how well this did in spite of all the idiots. This is a hero who didn't get to appear in a big movie like Black Panther or Spidey did. If someone told you 10 years ago that Captain Marvel would gross a billion and be bigger than BvS, Justice League and every Spider-Man movie they would think you were insane.

Really is amazing how well this did in spite of all the idiots. This is a hero who didn't get to appear in a big movie like Black Panther or Spidey did. If someone told you 10 years ago that Captain Marvel would gross a billion and be bigger than BvS, Justice League and every Spider-Man movie they would think you were insane.
Just 6 months ago it did not sound like a sure thing.
Kudos to everyone who worked on this movie!

CM needs $600K to pass Transformers: Dark of the Moon on the domestic list while needing around $900K to pass The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on the worldwide chart.

CM has now overtaken Dark of the Moon which is the highest-performing Transformers film. The top MCU spinoffs nowadays are beating out main entries of many big franchises.

This movie managed to do everything I wanted it to do. 400 Dom and 700 international. That higher, faster and further motto was no joke. It really went higher.
All targets achieved. Even the extended 1.1B target. I hope CM2 can also do numbers like this.

All targets achieved. Even the extended 1.1B target. I hope CM2 can also do numbers like this.
A better sequel with more epic action has the potential to be better. One thing I love about Kevin Feige and co is that they listen to constructive criticism. The villian and score issues are a thing of the past. I know they'll try their best to make CM 2 better.

A better sequel with more epic action has the potential to be better. One thing I love about Kevin Feige and co is that they listen to constructive criticism. The villian and score issues are a thing of the past. I know they'll try their best to make CM 2 better.
True, there has been a massive improvement with both of those. I hope all the second films are improvements as they all have a lot of potential. CM2, BP2 & DS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"