The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deception. It wasn’t very good and she was awful in it. Also I feel like she’s not a big enough name for Selina.
What do you mean? Who said Selina had to be cast with a name actress?

What do you mean? Who said Selina had to be cast with a name actress?
These are huge movies. They aren’t going to cast someone like this for her role. They don’t need to be “named” roles but they need to be more known actresses.

Because Henry Cavill was super well known before Man of Steel...

...and Gal Gobot, or whoever that actress was.

Don't forget the internationally renowned superstar Marvel landed for Thor: Dude who died in the first five minutes of Star Trek.

You all mentioned leads. Catwoman is a supporting character. Supporting characters are often played by known actors.

Like Amber Heard, famous for starring in a movie that couldn't get distribution for almost a decade and a tv show that got cancelled 3 episodes in.

“Often” doesn’t mean the same thing as “always.”

But yes, Mera is a much better example. :yay:

Dakota Johnson is my pick.

I feel like Anne Hathaway, Michelle Pfeiffer and Julie Newmar are the best actresses that played Catwoman and they all played the role pretty similarly. The standard has been set, and I think Dakota Johnson falls into that mold perfectly. She has that requisite detached yet seductive quality in spades.

Kristen Stewart -> Dakota Johnson -> Riley Keough?

6nGZCgY.jpg

You all mentioned leads. Catwoman is a supporting character. Supporting characters are often played by known actors.
If we take the rumors seriously, I'd imagine she'd at least be in co-lead territory with Gotham City Sirens. And, should that prove successful, who knows what might come next... it's been, what, fifteen years since that Halle Berry mess? I think Catwoman deserves another shot at a solo, provided there's good casting there and a worthwhile story.

If we take the rumors seriously, I'd imagine she'd at least be in co-lead territory with Gotham City Sirens. And, should that prove successful, who knows what might come next... it's been, what, fifteen years since that Halle Berry mess? I think Catwoman deserves another shot at a solo, provided there's good casting there and a worthwhile story.

True. I could see it happening if she appeared next in a BOP sequel or spinoff, but I thought we were talking about a hypothetical Batman movie.

Even in that instance, an unknown wouldn’t be an impossibility; just not very likely (IMO).

Dakota Johnson is my pick.

I feel like Anne Hathaway, Michelle Pfeiffer and Julie Newmar are the best actresses that played Catwoman and they all played the role pretty similarly. The standard has been set, and I think Dakota Johnson falls into that mold perfectly. She has that requisite detached yet seductive quality in spades.
I dont think Dakota has enough sex appeal to be Catwoman.

Dakota is very sexy and a good actress, don't know about her as Catwoman, though. Might be good! I think she would be a better Lois Lane.

anya-taylor-04.jpg

What about Anya Taylor Joy? She has an unconventional beauty to her that I feel works for a character as theatrical as Selina.

Played by a 30 something actor.
Who cares.
Anne Hathaway was like 10 years younger than Christian Bale.
And Michael Keaton was 7 years older than Michelle Pffeifer.

Henry Cavill is 10 years younger than Amy Adams.
It really doesn't matter.

Unless they do cast Dylan O’Brien, I’d rather not have a Batman paired up with a Catwoman that looks young enough to be Batgirl.

Unless they do cast Dylan O’Brien, I’d rather not have a Batman paired up with a Catwoman that looks young enough to be Batgirl.
This Batman is already gonna look young enough to be Robin unless they cast Armie Hammer. Might as well go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"